Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mob Rule Wins! 10:52 - Apr 25 with 2272 viewssteve_g

Looks like I've been pilloried on the old board for daring to question MartonMosser, who it appears was one of those that fell foul of the O's. So I thought I'd state my case here.

Firstly, what the O's have done to the club is reprehensible. They have taken the Golden Goose and not only wrung it's neck but cooked it with a tangerine firmly stuck up it's backside. For me, it all started when they didn't appoint someone to run the club in the Prem and put a proper structure in place. All the nastiness that has followed is entirely down to what has happened on the pitch because if we were still successful, despite what anyone might say, we would still be attracting high gates and the rest would just be a sideshow.

However, what I do not agree with is the self righteous, never do wrong attitudes of these fans who now feel it is their God given right to have a go at anyone who questions what has happened since. Why should BSA who have been pilloried for all the work they've done now give money to a group who have been kicking them for years. Why give it to people who couldn't moderate their opinions on Facebook and on forums and have got themselves in the financial mess they have? For me, it's wrong.

For reference, I have given to the Frank Knight appeal, not to support him, but as a way to say to the O's taking financial action against fans is just WRONG. However, that fact will go largely unrecognised in certain quarters.

We are at a real Crossroads with our club and the way some are conducting themselves I don't think we'll ever now get back the club I love.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Mob Rule Wins! on 11:07 - Apr 25 with 2186 viewsOrioltwins

I think the passion that some are showing is coming out in an unfortunate way. No need to attack fans groups or fellow supporters - all that does is become a downward spiral of nasty comments. Whilst it is quieter over here, I just feel as a Blackpool fan what threads are written are better debated without one or two barbed comments from those who just see set to ruin every thread with their own agenda.

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Mob Rule Wins! on 11:08 - Apr 25 with 2177 viewsHarryHorse

Makes more sense to state your case over there if that is where your detractors are .
Mob Rule Wins! on 13:15 - Apr 25 with 1952 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Mob Rule Wins! on 11:08 - Apr 25 by HarryHorse

Makes more sense to state your case over there if that is where your detractors are .

Steve it would make more sense to self-moderate your op on FOL as I suspect when you typed it you didn't know who MM was

#footballfirst

Mob Rule Wins! on 14:43 - Apr 25 with 1819 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Not sure mob behaviour ever ends up winning anything. By becoming too extreme, they then lose the support and sympathies of the middle ground. If the current pattern of right-wing intolerance continues, more people will become tired of the protesters and negativity and choose to back the club again as it will then appear to become the lesser of two evils.
Mob Rule Wins! on 15:21 - Apr 25 with 1770 viewsOdinsRaven

Mob Rule Wins! on 14:43 - Apr 25 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Not sure mob behaviour ever ends up winning anything. By becoming too extreme, they then lose the support and sympathies of the middle ground. If the current pattern of right-wing intolerance continues, more people will become tired of the protesters and negativity and choose to back the club again as it will then appear to become the lesser of two evils.

You deserved it. What you posted was ridiculous. If I was MM I'd probably also punch you on the nose.

You know nothing Jon Snow...
Mob Rule Wins! on 15:24 - Apr 25 with 1772 viewsjanegallagher

You may just have a point BHOK

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Mob Rule Wins! on 15:45 - Apr 25 with 1751 viewsOdinsRaven

Mob Rule Wins! on 15:24 - Apr 25 by janegallagher

You may just have a point BHOK

Really?? Right wing intolerance? Wtf has politics got to do with this. Ridiculous analogy
Mob Rule Wins! on 15:49 - Apr 25 with 1752 viewschesterbfc

Mob Rule Wins! on 15:45 - Apr 25 by OdinsRaven

Really?? Right wing intolerance? Wtf has politics got to do with this. Ridiculous analogy

Cardiff 2 pool nil ,doesn't really matter, Bad owners, bad manager, bad team, sort that lot out
Login to get fewer ads

Mob Rule Wins! on 16:08 - Apr 25 with 1728 viewsseasider13

Hmmmm where to start, how about chill out and have a sandwich steveg

Being a football chairman, if your successful they are throwing rose petals at your feet (prem promotion) when you slump the fans grumble, when you have three consecutive seasons of dross and shooting ourselves in the foot, they want to hang you from the floodlights

IMO the chairman (who claimed to have thick skin) should have never got involved in fan message boards, he should have ignored all that stuff, as horrible as some of the old bones that were constantly being brought up, i expect a man in his position not to get involved in it. Text gate being another prime example.

But there lies the problem, some of the things chanted on the terraces about Bill Cartmell was pretty bad, but back in the day we did not have all these forms of communication, and now a lot of people are using it as a weapon.

Time to man up, sticks and stones may break my bones, etc etc, drop all these court cases, were passionate footy fans who speak first and think later.

UTMP

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Mob Rule Wins! on 16:12 - Apr 25 with 1719 viewsjanegallagher

No man is rich enough to buy back his past

Like that

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Mob Rule Wins! on 16:26 - Apr 25 with 1708 viewsseasider13

Mob Rule Wins! on 16:12 - Apr 25 by janegallagher

No man is rich enough to buy back his past

Like that

Oscar Wilde Jane, thought it was quite fitting,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Mob Rule Wins! on 18:21 - Apr 26 with 1276 viewsBFC_Tim

Mob Rule Wins! on 16:26 - Apr 25 by seasider13

Oscar Wilde Jane, thought it was quite fitting,

I do find the old board because of a few individuals rather unpalatable at times but these things go in phases and you'll find it becomes less of a minefield. Although I like how calm it is here on comparison - like comparing an E to weed!!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Mob Rule Wins! on 19:05 - Apr 27 with 1192 viewsPoolman

Mob Rule Wins! on 18:21 - Apr 26 by BFC_Tim

I do find the old board because of a few individuals rather unpalatable at times but these things go in phases and you'll find it becomes less of a minefield. Although I like how calm it is here on comparison - like comparing an E to weed!!

The dynamic will be very interesting on that board once Judgement Day has come and gone - then the onus is on Oyston and Clark to build a team over summer which takes the focus away from outing the owners. Tough challenge and if they fail it could well be a Groundhog season next year.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Mob Rule Wins! on 12:43 - Apr 28 with 1158 viewsbig_bloomers

Do you know Steve what you have to remember is it's just a message board where a lot of people who are failing in their own lives head to give others a good kicking (and I realise this makes me no better than them!)

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024