Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odd sort of game today 01:34 - Apr 26 with 1423 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Not one that lends itself to easy description. Did I think we played well? No, not really. Did I think we competed? Yes, we probably did.

I thought the first half was something of a non event really ; their first goal was scruffy beyond words, the second resulted from a piece of doziness by young Cameron that he needs to learn from. At that point, I was fearing the worst, but within seconds of the resumption we scored the goal of the game through Orlandi and I felt were on the front foot most of the time thereafter.

The loss of Madine did not help us though, and whatever Peter Clarke is, a leader of the front line he is not, unfortunately. Nice goal though, but just a consolation after a very poor decision by the referee to gift them a second penalty. One of the biggest homers I've ever seen, and he helped the to get over the line.

So, once again, a willing and honest performance. But as the table suggests, they are as a group simply not good enough.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Odd sort of game today on 07:31 - Apr 26 with 1397 viewsOrioltwins

Whilst the record this season is indefensible, the one thing I would say is that no team can go through practically a third of a season with one on loan striker with his only back up a 32 year old central defender who can't kick a ball very well!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Odd sort of game today on 08:24 - Apr 26 with 1384 views1953Original

Odd sort of game today on 07:31 - Apr 26 by Orioltwins

Whilst the record this season is indefensible, the one thing I would say is that no team can go through practically a third of a season with one on loan striker with his only back up a 32 year old central defender who can't kick a ball very well!

Be interesting if Madine isn't fit for next week - Will he got with a 4-6-0 formation!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Odd sort of game today on 10:36 - Apr 26 with 1337 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I forgot to mention that it was "Judgement Day" (I kid you not) in Cardiff yesterday, with two Welsh RU league games being played at the MillStad.

I think it involved Cardiff, Newport, Scarlets and Ospreys, but at any rate meant there were thousands of rugby fans in the centre of Cardiff. It felt a bit like being a neutral at a Cup Final day, weird.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 11:39]

Odd sort of game today on 11:02 - Apr 26 with 1327 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Lost track of our fixtures a while ago. Virtually all season has been a non-event for me and I'm having to try hard to drum up enthusiasm for football in general.

Bournemouth going up is about the only interesting thing but even that's tinged with a fear of what may happen to them in future when they hit the glass ceiling called "unfair money distribution" that killed off on the pitch competition in the Premier League a long time ago.
Odd sort of game today on 13:38 - Apr 26 with 1295 viewsgiro

Robbie, I would have though by now, even you, as a founder member of the Titanic Orchestra, would have realised your trombone is full of water?.
Odd sort of game today on 14:01 - Apr 26 with 1272 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Odd sort of game today on 13:38 - Apr 26 by giro

Robbie, I would have though by now, even you, as a founder member of the Titanic Orchestra, would have realised your trombone is full of water?.

Maybe Giro. But it remains ideally equipped for p***ing on your bonfire whenever required.

Odd sort of game today on 17:12 - Apr 26 with 1233 viewsOdinsRaven

Good summary as always. I do feel that Orlando is playing for a summer move. I can't see him or Cuberonstarting next season in tangerine and feel they will likely force a move if we don't make attempts to sell. I think Sam needs yet another new car so koko will no doubt fund it from this...allegedly...
Odd sort of game today on 19:59 - Apr 26 with 1194 viewsterminallytangerine

Odd sort of game today on 17:12 - Apr 26 by OdinsRaven

Good summary as always. I do feel that Orlando is playing for a summer move. I can't see him or Cuberonstarting next season in tangerine and feel they will likely force a move if we don't make attempts to sell. I think Sam needs yet another new car so koko will no doubt fund it from this...allegedly...

I thought we more than matched them for long periods but with no cutting edge and some gift wrapped goals for them it was always going to be a more of the same day.

As an unredeemed clapper (happy on our current circumstances would be pushing it a bit far) one of the highlights of the day was to hear again our premier league anthem getting an airing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024