Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Grounds which are better than new ones? 14:17 - May 6 with 2589 viewsOrioltwins

I'll go with Ayresome Park to start with which was much more characteristic and interesting than Boro's new ground. Went to the old ground half a dozen times and it just felt like a proper traditional football ground where the great game should be played. In comparison the Riverside is a soulless shell in the mould of many other new stadiums.

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 14:22 - May 6 with 2584 viewssteve_g

Loads I could mention but can I add the Ricoh Arena in comparison to Hughfield Road - chalk and cheese in terms of stadiums. One is just a hole the other was a decent ground IMHO

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 14:24 - May 6 with 2569 viewsbig_bloomers

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 14:22 - May 6 by steve_g

Loads I could mention but can I add the Ricoh Arena in comparison to Hughfield Road - chalk and cheese in terms of stadiums. One is just a hole the other was a decent ground IMHO

Looking forward to seeing Chesterfield's new ground because let's face it, it can't be any worse than Saltergate!!

Poll: Protesting or Not Protesting - Official Poll

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 15:07 - May 6 with 2541 viewsclarkestattoo

Can I throw in Wembley. I know it was a urinal at times but the new one is like a sanitised urinal!

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 15:09 - May 6 with 2536 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Shrewsbury
Northampton
Chester
Scunny
Walsall
Rotherham

I'm sure there are more.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 15:34 - May 6 with 2502 viewsAllezBlackpool

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 15:09 - May 6 by basilrobbiereborn

Shrewsbury
Northampton
Chester
Scunny
Walsall
Rotherham

I'm sure there are more.

Can we have redeveloped grounds? Dumpdale is awful now. It always was, but at least the old one had character

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 16:31 - May 6 with 2476 viewsPlumbs

The problem is defining what was 'better' but I'd agree that Ayresome Park was a crap ground and needed pulling down-it was falling down when I last visited it.
Sunderlands is the same-I quite liked that this season- but others havent been an improvement-like Leicester which was fun at Filbert Street.
I used to like Burnden Park and Maine Road which included the walk from the station/coach parks,and Leeds Road,Huddersfield.Not sure they've become better as such but there was plenty of atmosphere there particularly when we took the full allocation.

I know that Manure's isnt a new ground but when the old scoreboard end was around that took some beating for atmosphere-especially when we scored the winner in the last minute

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 16:57 - May 6 with 2463 viewsTwoPhillips

Old Grounds which are better than new ones? on 16:31 - May 6 by Plumbs

The problem is defining what was 'better' but I'd agree that Ayresome Park was a crap ground and needed pulling down-it was falling down when I last visited it.
Sunderlands is the same-I quite liked that this season- but others havent been an improvement-like Leicester which was fun at Filbert Street.
I used to like Burnden Park and Maine Road which included the walk from the station/coach parks,and Leeds Road,Huddersfield.Not sure they've become better as such but there was plenty of atmosphere there particularly when we took the full allocation.

I know that Manure's isnt a new ground but when the old scoreboard end was around that took some beating for atmosphere-especially when we scored the winner in the last minute

Got to agree with some of these - especially Coventry - the thought of going down the M6 to that place hardly fills me with League One delight!!

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024