Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OT : Election Day 15:53 - May 6 with 2464 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's very nearly upon us, what sort of political animal are you?

1. I won't be voting as they are all the same. I couldn't care less about the result either.
2. I may or may not vote, but I won't be watching it on TV.
3. Will vote, might stay up a bit later to watch some of the results.
4. Not only will I vote I'm planning on staying up all night as well.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

OT : Election Day on 16:00 - May 6 with 2456 viewsjanegallagher

5. Will vote but won't bother watching any results.

Predict the Tories will win

We’ve got Simon Sadler

OT : Election Day on 16:32 - May 6 with 2439 viewsPlumbs

OT : Election Day on 16:00 - May 6 by janegallagher

I think UKIP could run Andy close in South Shore with the professional and intellectual middle class vote.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

OT : Election Day on 17:04 - May 6 with 2424 viewsBFC_Tim

OT : Election Day on 16:32 - May 6 by Plumbs

I think UKIP could run Andy close in South Shore with the professional and intellectual middle class vote.

Voting and watching as much as I can - going to be fascinating but kind of worried what time I'll get to bed. Anyone up for an Election Thread on Thursday night?

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

OT : Election Day on 17:45 - May 6 with 2415 viewsterminallytangerine

OT : Election Day on 17:04 - May 6 by BFC_Tim

Voting and watching as much as I can - going to be fascinating but kind of worried what time I'll get to bed. Anyone up for an Election Thread on Thursday night?

Unfortunately travelling down South all tomorrow or I would be out trying to encourage people to vote - and to Vote Labour at that!

This is such an important election for defining the sort of society we want to live in. Another five years of division, infighting over the EU and making the weak and vulnerable suffer to satisfy the ideologically driven demands of a right wing press and non-dom paymasters would, in my view, be (almost) as painful to watch as what has gone on at Bloomfield over the last twelve months.If you want to make a stand against injustice it has to be Labour.

Let those who have a vote use it - and use it wisely - but let's not pretend that politics is someone else's problem.

IMHO!
OT : Election Day on 18:01 - May 6 with 2408 viewsPoolman

OT : Election Day on 17:45 - May 6 by terminallytangerine

Unfortunately travelling down South all tomorrow or I would be out trying to encourage people to vote - and to Vote Labour at that!

This is such an important election for defining the sort of society we want to live in. Another five years of division, infighting over the EU and making the weak and vulnerable suffer to satisfy the ideologically driven demands of a right wing press and non-dom paymasters would, in my view, be (almost) as painful to watch as what has gone on at Bloomfield over the last twelve months.If you want to make a stand against injustice it has to be Labour.

Let those who have a vote use it - and use it wisely - but let's not pretend that politics is someone else's problem.

IMHO!

Who will be your chosen broadcaster BRR? Am liking the look of comedy and Paxman on Channel 4 until the exit polls and then will be a BBC man through until the early hours and then will be with Five Live on the way to work.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

OT : Election Day on 18:26 - May 6 with 2400 viewsMephistopheles

1. though I might vote UKlP as the most reasonable and sane of all the parties currently.

OT : Election Day on 18:31 - May 6 with 2399 viewsribble

I'll certainly be voting although as a non Tory voter I'm pretty much wasting my time here in true blue rural Lancashire. They could put a sheep up here and it would get elected if it was wearing a rosette of the right hue.

Might watch the first few results come in but that'll be it. Last election I stayed up for was the Labour landslide in '97. That felt like an historic night at the time.

Paxman to Cecil Parkinson when the scale of the Conservative defeat had become evident : 'You're the Director of an agricultural fertiliser company. How much in it are the Tories?'
OT : Election Day on 18:37 - May 6 with 2392 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

OT : Election Day on 18:01 - May 6 by Poolman

Who will be your chosen broadcaster BRR? Am liking the look of comedy and Paxman on Channel 4 until the exit polls and then will be a BBC man through until the early hours and then will be with Five Live on the way to work.

BBC for the most part Poolman, although I may have a look at C4 in that period before the results start to come in.

Login to get fewer ads

OT : Election Day on 19:25 - May 6 with 2375 viewsWizaard

OT : Election Day on 18:37 - May 6 by basilrobbiereborn

BBC for the most part Poolman, although I may have a look at C4 in that period before the results start to come in.

Sunderland South will announce around 10.25. God knows how they do it.

I was Presiding Officer at Knott End one election. By the time I'd got the ballot box to Cleveleys on my way to Marine Hall, three results were already in.

Unbelievable.
OT : Election Day on 19:26 - May 6 with 2372 viewsribble

OT : Election Day on 18:37 - May 6 by basilrobbiereborn

Election coverage from years gone by....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32595792
OT : Election Day on 19:31 - May 6 with 2364 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

OT : Election Day on 19:25 - May 6 by Wizaard

I was Presiding Officer at Knott End one election. By the time I'd got the ballot box to Cleveleys on my way to Marine Hall, three results were already in.

Unbelievable.

I sometimes think they weigh the Labour majority in Sunderland, rather than counting it.

OT : Election Day on 22:45 - May 6 with 2327 viewsgiro

OT : Election Day on 19:31 - May 6 by basilrobbiereborn

I sometimes think they weigh the Labour majority in Sunderland, rather than counting it.

Robbie,

Do you think voting should be compulsory and one of our statutes?

Someone told me that the Oyston's know a lot about statutes. Well, I thinks that's what he said!
[Post edited 6 May 2015 22:50]
OT : Election Day on 23:13 - May 6 with 2312 viewsHarryHorse

OT : Election Day on 22:45 - May 6 by giro

Robbie,

Someone told me that the Oyston's know a lot about statutes. Well, I thinks that's what he said!

Am watching Unforgettable election moments right now which is good and taking me back . I'll stay up tomorrow as long as I can , whenever the election promises to be close it is usually a night of drama.
OT : Election Day on 07:33 - May 7 with 2287 viewswe_are_Superior

OT : Election Day on 23:13 - May 6 by HarryHorse

Am watching Unforgettable election moments right now which is good and taking me back . I'll stay up tomorrow as long as I can , whenever the election promises to be close it is usually a night of drama.

Just reading that Farage won't find out about whether he's won his seat until about 7am .. could be a very long night!!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

OT : Election Day on 11:34 - May 7 with 2275 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

OT : Election Day on 22:45 - May 6 by giro

Robbie,

Giro

on balance, no, I don't. Some people feel alienated by our voting system and should have the right to make their point by not participating. If enough people did and turnout fell far enough, then I think change would be more likely.

Having said that, given how may people have made sacrifices so that we CAN vote, and live in the kind of society we do, I think people do have some moral responsibility to them and it.

OT : Election Day on 12:09 - May 7 with 2269 viewsoneswallow

OT : Election Day on 11:34 - May 7 by basilrobbiereborn

Giro

on balance, no, I don't. Some people feel alienated by our voting system and should have the right to make their point by not participating. If enough people did and turnout fell far enough, then I think change would be more likely.

Having said that, given how may people have made sacrifices so that we CAN vote, and live in the kind of society we do, I think people do have some moral responsibility to them and it.

Have just overheard two women discussing the election and one said to the other

"I'm voting UKIP because they have a policy that is important to me and relevant to my life"
"What's that"
"The live export of animals!!"

Jeez - and this is why voting should never be compulsory!
OT : Election Day on 12:13 - May 7 with 2261 viewsHarryHorse

OT : Election Day on 12:09 - May 7 by oneswallow

Have just overheard two women discussing the election and one said to the other

"I'm voting UKIP because they have a policy that is important to me and relevant to my life"
"What's that"
"The live export of animals!!"

Jeez - and this is why voting should never be compulsory!

Its very simple - if you could vote via the red button the "turnout" would be huge .
Personally I like walking to the polling station & putting an x in a box but it must seem very antiquated to the younger (disenfranchised) generations
OT : Election Day on 14:28 - May 7 with 2239 viewsPlumbs

OT : Election Day on 19:25 - May 6 by Wizaard

Unbelievable.

Wizz:
They had somebody who is self employed doing it rather than a senior civil servant,so there were no pointless pre vote meetings and tea breaks with a large well stocked trolley.

Backbone of the country

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

OT : Election Day on 14:52 - May 7 with 2232 viewsSuffolkSeasider

OT : Election Day on 16:00 - May 6 by janegallagher

6. Voted but won't be watching any of the results. I mean I have Netflix and stuff on the planner. It'll be a mess of a hung parliament again anyway and nothing will come of it for a while after, not worth missing out on sleep for!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024