Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£2 Million Budget 18:22 - May 10 with 1310 viewsSTHolder

Don't know if someone is stirring up nonsense on another forum, but here is there post. Bearing in mind that Bristol City spent over £11 million this season to get themselves out of League One (and sent their players to Miami to celebrate), if there is any truth in this and our budget for next season is only £2 million (whilst a £30 million surplus - and the rest - sits in the bank) then doesn't it go to show again that Karl has no grasp of football economics.

However, similarly wouldn't it be refreshing for the Chairman to come out, explain why Lee Clark left, what the budget will be for a prospective manager and put to bed all the rumours that have surfaced since yesterday.

Post below:

<i>I don't want to get people's backs up, but I work in the press and I have known the Oyston's for a couple of years and actually get on very well with one of them. There is long term vision from the owners for this club but the fans are living in a dream world.

Karl wants to develop a 2m squad budget for next season to try and be competitive and if season tickets don't sell, he will be forced to sponsor the club himself to generate enough to meet the financial regulations needed.

The fans wont give him a chance to prove this but the actions of the fans will help nothing. But he wont be going anywhere and has broken no rules of the FA so I suggest the fans try getting behind the club, even if they dislike the owners.

I never post on your forum, but I did speak to Mr Oyston for an interview regarding Lee Clark's parting and he said it was Lee's choice, he had a set of demands for next season which were simply not realistic and offered his resignation if they weren't met, so his resignation was accepted.

He openly told me he has approached no one regarding the job, and he is to consult with a couple of contacts next week about who could be ideal to come in and take control of the team in a way that is controlled and profitable.

I asked him outright, would Ian Holloway be considered, to which his response was, he would discuss names but he wants to employ the right person.

So those who are posting saying there have been talks with Holloway, you have either been misinformed or trying to gain attention for yourself, he has not approached the club and the club have not approached him.

I do not support Blackpool, but I do like the club and wish them all the success in the world next season.</i>
£2 Million Budget on 14:24 - May 11 with 1220 viewsBigbrother

He should tell us now if he really only intends to spend £2 million and I'll post my 2 year season ticket back through the door!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

£2 Million Budget on 20:43 - May 11 with 1166 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I don't know where the £2m figure came from, but I was quoted something quite different. I suppose it depends upon who your source is, and whether you believe them.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

£2 Million Budget on 08:35 - May 13 with 1060 viewsPoolman

£2 Million Budget on 20:43 - May 11 by basilrobbiereborn

I don't know where the £2m figure came from, but I was quoted something quite different. I suppose it depends upon who your source is, and whether you believe them.

For me, it doesn't matter what the budget it, it's how you negotiate your deals, deal with your players, work with agents and have the infrastructure to do your business.

Where we are at the moment we may as well have a £20 million budget and it would make no difference.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024