Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship football at least! 13:16 - May 15 with 4971 viewsMytch_QPR

Sorry if already posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32742194

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Championship football at least! on 13:24 - May 15 with 4913 viewsSimonJames

Shame. I was looking forward to back-to-back promotions for 3 or 4 years.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Championship football at least! on 14:03 - May 15 with 4814 viewsvodkasupper

Think you need to read that article again as it certainly does not say we will be starting in the Championship next season.
Championship football at least! on 14:22 - May 15 with 4764 viewsMytch_QPR

Championship football at least! on 14:03 - May 15 by vodkasupper

Think you need to read that article again as it certainly does not say we will be starting in the Championship next season.

Fair point - I only glanced at it at my desk. We would be 'welcome' once Tony's trousers have been well and truly removed (along with all other articles of clothing) - which reminds me of that pic he posted of himself on Twitter! - maybe he already knew something then.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Championship football at least! on 14:31 - May 15 with 4735 viewsthemodfather

they just want the "fine "money
Championship football at least! on 15:02 - May 15 with 4651 viewsvodkasupper

Your probably right, it will be Championship football next season but I reckon it will be on the FL's Terms. A fine will be coming, what amount who can say but it won't be such a high figure that we couldn't or rather wouldn't pay it with all the legal wrangling going on.

I'll be much more concerned by any transfer embargo. It might even be being played out in front of us now with the amount of players out of contract this summer and we're already running round getting our younger players to sign contracts. It's almost as if the Football League have said this embargo is coming so try and sort your squad out now. I fear this more than any threat about starting in the Conference. At least from that starting point I would assume less chance of team confidence being knocked out through not having the quality and potential relegations.

I think what I am trying to say in a poor way is if we get hit with a Transfer Embargo we would stand a better chance starting in either Conference or League 2 than the Championship from which it would be a miracle if we survived next season.
Championship football at least! on 15:05 - May 15 with 4634 viewsHayesender

Championship football at least! on 15:02 - May 15 by vodkasupper

Your probably right, it will be Championship football next season but I reckon it will be on the FL's Terms. A fine will be coming, what amount who can say but it won't be such a high figure that we couldn't or rather wouldn't pay it with all the legal wrangling going on.

I'll be much more concerned by any transfer embargo. It might even be being played out in front of us now with the amount of players out of contract this summer and we're already running round getting our younger players to sign contracts. It's almost as if the Football League have said this embargo is coming so try and sort your squad out now. I fear this more than any threat about starting in the Conference. At least from that starting point I would assume less chance of team confidence being knocked out through not having the quality and potential relegations.

I think what I am trying to say in a poor way is if we get hit with a Transfer Embargo we would stand a better chance starting in either Conference or League 2 than the Championship from which it would be a miracle if we survived next season.

I feel there's defiantly a transfer embargo and maybe even a points deduction coming our way.

They're gonna make us suffer for our relegation to league 1 the feckers

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Championship football at least! on 15:15 - May 15 with 4617 viewsMonahoop

If QPR were to be relegated to the Conference and I think it unlikely [ I type with caution ] then one of the promoted teams presumably from Conference South would be denied a place in that league? I don' t know, but surely the Conference can't start with an oversubscribed odd number of teams. Just a thought this.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Championship football at least! on 15:25 - May 15 with 4588 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Championship football at least! on 15:15 - May 15 by Monahoop

If QPR were to be relegated to the Conference and I think it unlikely [ I type with caution ] then one of the promoted teams presumably from Conference South would be denied a place in that league? I don' t know, but surely the Conference can't start with an oversubscribed odd number of teams. Just a thought this.

I should think that all those that just lost out on promotion via playoffs would have to be promoted to maintain parity of numbers.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship football at least! on 15:30 - May 15 with 4570 viewsMonahoop

It's a complex if not contentious one this Hoop. No doubt someone out there knows all the ins and outs and rules if such a scenario were to occur.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Championship football at least! on 16:10 - May 15 with 4486 viewsdanehoop

To be fair what this says is that the FL are aware that any legal action is.
a. likely to drag on.
b. stands a very opportunity of going against them.
c. will be very costly
d. possibly going to put the mockers on entire FFP arrangements for UEFA meaning repayment of hefty fines taken from the "big" clubs who recently paid out.

Basically no-one wants to have a row about this. Teams like Notts Forest will be supportive as it will have implications for how they have been treated (the difference being of course that they were in the Championship when the rules were introduced and updated).

There will be a settlement. We will take a sanction, but we wont be fisted. The one thing that the QPR board have is the money for good legal representation.

Never knowingly understood

Championship football at least! on 16:33 - May 15 with 4424 viewsTacticalR

Championship football at least! on 15:15 - May 15 by Monahoop

We'll have to play in the Malaysian league.

Air hostess clique

Championship football at least! on 22:28 - May 15 with 4164 viewsGetMeRangers

Surely a transfer embargo can only be retrospective. They can hardly say that we will be breaking the rules until this seasons fihures come out (under the new rules, a £35m lose is allowed from the Prem league campaign that you get relegated - more loan right offs for TF et al?)

I would have thought this is going to end up with some sort of settlement, which is small enough to prevent us dragging the FL through the courts but large enough to allow the FL to keep some face and integrity to their FFP
Championship football at least! on 00:58 - May 16 with 4107 viewsFredManRave

Championship football at least! on 16:33 - May 15 by TacticalR

We'll have to play in the Malaysian league.

That could work in our favour as there's a lot of malaise associated with the club at the moment.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Championship football at least! on 01:44 - May 16 with 4089 viewsMrGrieves

Championship football at least! on 22:28 - May 15 by GetMeRangers

Surely a transfer embargo can only be retrospective. They can hardly say that we will be breaking the rules until this seasons fihures come out (under the new rules, a £35m lose is allowed from the Prem league campaign that you get relegated - more loan right offs for TF et al?)

I would have thought this is going to end up with some sort of settlement, which is small enough to prevent us dragging the FL through the courts but large enough to allow the FL to keep some face and integrity to their FFP

God I'd love a retrospective transfer embargo.

No Samba, no Sandro, no Barton, no Cesar, no Ferdinand....
Championship football at least! on 19:02 - May 16 with 3916 viewseastside_r

I take back what I said on the other thread. I think this signals a long drawn-out legal battle.

We are highly likely still too be under the FL's umbrella at the end of next season. I wonder what will happen then if we refuse to pay any fine (not that I think it will come to that.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024