Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fifa - Is the game up? 05:23 - May 27 with 18036 viewslonglostjack

Can Blatter & Co. survive this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/WSJ/statuses/603409998501191681

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:57 - May 27 with 2634 viewsLe_Swans

Fifa - Is the game up? on 16:39 - May 27 by WxmJax

Glad to see something happening at long last but why is it an FBI inquiry ? Are they the world police ?

Apparently the racketeering was done via the American financial system.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 18:00 - May 27 with 2626 viewsBanosswan

Glad to see something happening at long last but why is it an FBI inquiry ? Are they the world police ?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:10 - May 27 with 2554 viewsJackfath

If there is corruption at the top level, then is it fair to assume that it's rife in the game in the UK? ⚽️

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:25 - May 27 with 2525 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

these countrys picked to host the world cup have every right to.

bribes & corruption , thats very old news.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:30 - May 27 with 2515 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:40 - May 27 with 2487 viewsmax936

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:30 - May 27 by Jackfath

Speaks a lot of sense that fella, I listen to him on Talksport often he's a good intelligent presenter.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:51 - May 27 with 2476 viewsicecoldjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:25 - May 27 by oh_tommy_tommy

these countrys picked to host the world cup have every right to.

bribes & corruption , thats very old news.

They do have a right but there seems to be no doubt that the dice was loaded in favour of these countries bids, which is wrong.

Im sure sponsors, football associations and fans would not really fancy a world cup just before Xmas with all of Europes leagues changed around to fit it in, this IMO was cash before the game itself.

While the idea of every country having a fair crack to host the world cup is fair its also not very practical in some areas like Qatar, the human rights issues alone in the basically slave labour construction industry out there should be enough of a worry on its own, never mind other issues.

I think FIFA have basically pushed things too far for far too long, they arnt working for football but for themselves.

I'm not daft enough to think corruption doesn't happen in other areas, it is the way of the world tragically, but there is a limit to it, FIFA seem to think they can do what they like without reproach, thankfully the Yanks have decided to put them firmly in their place .

Just my take on it .
Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:58 - May 27 with 2418 viewsmorningstar

Fifa - Is the game up? on 15:30 - May 27 by DafyddHuw

Hey Bill.

I 've asked you this before but you blanked me.

Satisfy my curiosity - did you have to pay the dry-cleaning bill to get the spunk stains off Monica's dress?

He probably blanked you last time as he isn't actually Bill Clinton. You do realise this don't you?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:01 - May 27 with 2414 viewsEdmundo

Fifa - Is the game up? on 19:10 - May 27 by Jackfath

If there is corruption at the top level, then is it fair to assume that it's rife in the game in the UK? ⚽️

It must be going on in the UK, it would be naive to think otherwise.

Corruption in this country is also a worry, more so at local/regional level, where there isn't the auditing process to prevent it.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:06 - May 27 with 2404 viewsSwansNZ

Fifa - Is the game up? on 20:58 - May 27 by morningstar

He probably blanked you last time as he isn't actually Bill Clinton. You do realise this don't you?

He looks like him

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:15 - May 27 with 2383 viewsmorningstar

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:06 - May 27 by SwansNZ

He looks like him

You probably didn't realise it at the time of typing, but that's probably the best post you've ever made!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:15 - May 27 with 2381 viewsstAteSwan

Emergency UEFA Council Meeting has been called. Platini has called for the election to be postponed for 6 months and seems to be threatening a UEFA Boycott of FIFA Congress if he doesn't get his way.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:20 - May 27 with 2365 viewsstAteSwan

FBI can only investigate things that happen on American soil, or involve the American Financial System.

Thing is., one of the big investigations is into the 2016 COPA America, which is being played in the US. Apparently several South American officials took bribes from US Marketing firms to divy out sponsorship rights. Throw in the people who for no reason whatsoever chose to divert some of their extra bribes into US banks, and you get the FBI's involvement.

The hope is that with the US taking this step that the UK, Germany, or Spain, who have far more say in this game will follow suit and charge others.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:23 - May 27 with 2360 viewsWxmJax

Fifa - Is the game up? on 17:57 - May 27 by Le_Swans

Apparently the racketeering was done via the American financial system.

Right then, go get 'em Floyd.

I did notice that they mostly had connections with the Americas.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:33 - May 27 with 2346 viewsmax936

This is Platini's best chance and probably the best chance he's had to rid the Football World of Blatter at long last, that said I can't see how he can continue anyhow his position is untenable now surely, seeing he's head of FIFA.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:37 - May 27 with 2027 viewslonglostjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:20 - May 27 by stAteSwan

FBI can only investigate things that happen on American soil, or involve the American Financial System.

Thing is., one of the big investigations is into the 2016 COPA America, which is being played in the US. Apparently several South American officials took bribes from US Marketing firms to divy out sponsorship rights. Throw in the people who for no reason whatsoever chose to divert some of their extra bribes into US banks, and you get the FBI's involvement.

The hope is that with the US taking this step that the UK, Germany, or Spain, who have far more say in this game will follow suit and charge others.

Unfortunately I suspect that enough officials or football icons from those associations have also been anything but squeaky clean in the past and will keep a low profile.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:42 - May 27 with 2019 viewsFlashberryjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:33 - May 27 by max936

This is Platini's best chance and probably the best chance he's had to rid the Football World of Blatter at long last, that said I can't see how he can continue anyhow his position is untenable now surely, seeing he's head of FIFA.

Agree...even if he wasn't personally involved in any of the corruption but knew about it, he should go..if he didn't know about it, he should have....and must go.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:45 - May 27 with 2007 viewsSwansNZ

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:15 - May 27 by morningstar

You probably didn't realise it at the time of typing, but that's probably the best post you've ever made!

Thanks.

Hang on, are you saying all my other posts have been sh1t?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:46 - May 27 with 2000 viewsstAteSwan

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:37 - May 27 by longlostjack

Unfortunately I suspect that enough officials or football icons from those associations have also been anything but squeaky clean in the past and will keep a low profile.

We're sort of shooting ourselves in the foot just by going with this approach. One of those arrested is one of the heads of the NASL, which is the 2nd tier of the Soccer Pyramid over here, and the marketing company in the most trouble is one of that league's main sponsors.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:49 - May 27 with 1996 viewsItchySphincter

Platini is as big a c*nt as Blatter and in some ways more of a disappointment as he was a bit of superman when I was a kid. On the school yard your were either a Zico, a Socrates or a Platini. Sad. Blatter is just the latest in a long line of corrupt FIFA officials and is no worse than Joao Havelange who went before him. Horrible, horrible people.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:50 - May 27 with 1991 viewsmonmouth

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:49 - May 27 by ItchySphincter

Platini is as big a c*nt as Blatter and in some ways more of a disappointment as he was a bit of superman when I was a kid. On the school yard your were either a Zico, a Socrates or a Platini. Sad. Blatter is just the latest in a long line of corrupt FIFA officials and is no worse than Joao Havelange who went before him. Horrible, horrible people.

Aye not like Jules Rimet. He was solid gold.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:52 - May 27 with 1986 viewsItchySphincter

Jules Rimet still gleaming.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fifa - Is the game up? on 22:08 - May 27 with 1952 viewslonglostjack

Fifa - Is the game up? on 21:46 - May 27 by stAteSwan

We're sort of shooting ourselves in the foot just by going with this approach. One of those arrested is one of the heads of the NASL, which is the 2nd tier of the Soccer Pyramid over here, and the marketing company in the most trouble is one of that league's main sponsors.

Still the better approach in the long run though I think. On the question of companies surely it's time for the corporate sponsors to withdraw their support for FIFA - they've got their image to consider after all and I wonder if their compliance teams are sleeping easily tonight ?

Fifa - Is the game up? on 22:16 - May 27 with 1936 viewssomersetsimon

Fifa - Is the game up? on 09:29 - May 27 by jackal

Certainly hope so. Russia was an odd call but Qatar has to be the most bizarre decision ever made in the history of football. The only possible explanation for them being awarded the World Cup is that palms were greased.

I hope the Qatar decision was corrupt. It's even worse to imagine that was a carefully thought out process from those in charge of the game.
Fifa - Is the game up? on 22:18 - May 27 with 1927 viewsSwansNZ

Fifa - Is the game up? on 22:16 - May 27 by somersetsimon

I hope the Qatar decision was corrupt. It's even worse to imagine that was a carefully thought out process from those in charge of the game.

Not in doubt it was a corrupt process, Shirley.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024