Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? 19:26 - Jun 4 with 5892 viewsChief

Apparently we've bid 250k for a 17yr Barnet striker who scored over 50 goals in their under 18s last season. But Barnet have either rejected the bid or the FAW have blocked the move as we made an illegal approach. Anyone know what's going on with this?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:36 - Jun 8 with 1403 viewshobo

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:53 - Jun 4 by waynekerr55

I'd pay money to watch Huw and their chairman Tony Kleanthos haggle over the price 😷😷😷😷😂

Looks like Kleanthos has won if we're paying anything near £1m!
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 21:42 - Jun 8 with 1378 viewsRancid

We're really looking ahead signing all these youngsters.It makes you wonder where and when they'll break through or do we buy ready made and proven quality.The Scottish lads had a wee few games but then vanished most of last season.Great for our u21's i guess but are the likes of Gorre going to be given a chance or will we be buying instead.
bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 06:16 - Jun 9 with 1206 viewsEdmundo

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 22:07 - Jun 4 by Kilkennyjack

I would say he is better off at Barnet in league 2 rather in our u21s. Rory is a lesson for me. Also i still want us to try and bring our Academy players through rather than body snatch young players from smaller clubs. I think quality players like Grimes are worth the investment, others seem like gambles to be honest and none has made an impact at first team level to date - maybe Gorre will be the first.

I think the reason we are pushing for Academy 1 status is we have far more credibility to players that see a first team place as a realistic option.......we can now scour the whole country and pick up loads of youth players some from under the noses of the 'bigger clubs' (and I don't mean Kairdiff) 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 09:19 - Jun 9 with 1076 viewsWhiterockin

bid for young Barnet striker rejected/blocked? on 06:16 - Jun 9 by Edmundo

I think the reason we are pushing for Academy 1 status is we have far more credibility to players that see a first team place as a realistic option.......we can now scour the whole country and pick up loads of youth players some from under the noses of the 'bigger clubs' (and I don't mean Kairdiff) 👍

Is it not also true that when you get category one status, you must also show progression from the acadamy into first team football to retain it.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024