Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crisis 17:58 - Nov 9 with 5529 viewsmattjenkins1990

The hour of crisis is upon PS. Everyone talking about getting rid of Garry.

My question is why is no one looking at Jamies Beattie. The problem we are having is scoring goals, we retain possession well enough just cannot find that clinical edge. Then one mistake and we loose the game. James has been brought in as attacking coach and that seems to be where our issues are.

Thoughts ?

Poll: Would you welcome Investment

Crisis on 19:28 - Nov 9 with 1675 viewslondonlisa2001

Crisis on 19:24 - Nov 9 by Flashberryjack

So if you employed a professional person to increase turnover of your business.....and turn over actually decreased significantly since he was employed, I don't think it ridiculous to question his worth to the company.

Neither do I.

But on the other hand, if the quality of goods for sale during that period has significantly dropped due to a flaw in processing, I don't think that the easy excuse of blaming the new sales manager for the fall off is necessarily anything other than expedient.
Crisis on 19:34 - Nov 9 with 1662 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Crisis on 19:28 - Nov 9 by londonlisa2001

Neither do I.

But on the other hand, if the quality of goods for sale during that period has significantly dropped due to a flaw in processing, I don't think that the easy excuse of blaming the new sales manager for the fall off is necessarily anything other than expedient.

But the quality of the "product" is the "best it's ever been", just ask Garry.
Crisis on 19:35 - Nov 9 with 1661 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Crisis on 19:34 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Good enough to be challenging for a Champions League place.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Crisis on 19:39 - Nov 9 with 1644 viewsCooperman

Crisis on 19:35 - Nov 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Good enough to be challenging for a Champions League place.

Welcome back.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Crisis on 19:48 - Nov 9 with 1624 viewsDafyddHuw

Crisis on 18:01 - Nov 9 by SwansNZ

Who brought him in?

Would certainly appear to add nothing.

Garry brought him in. They both go way, way back to early Southampon days. He won't get rid of him having just hired him.

I don't know enough about what's going on at the LIb to be able to say that Beattie's at fault.
Crisis on 19:53 - Nov 9 with 1611 viewsFlashberryjack

Neither do I.

So you'd look for a flaw in processing, rather than approach the man directly responsible for increasing sales.
JB has been employed to enhance our attack......many think he's not done that, myself included, in fact we've got worse. If there are mitigating circumstances why he hasn't managed to achieve what he's being, I assume handsomely paid for, then I can only hope Monk know the reason why, if he doesn't then he needs to shoulder the blame.
But until know different, I'm pointing the finger at JB.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Crisis on 19:56 - Nov 9 with 1601 viewslondonlisa2001

Crisis on 19:34 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Transparently that is not the case.

Doesn't mean that it's Beattie's fault.

It may be, it's just that no one knows and it's easy to think it is.

The balance of Montero, Gomis, Ayew, Siggy is wrong - that is our problem, not James Beattie.
We are also unbalanced in the Ki, JJS, Siggy midfield 3. That is also not James Beattie's problem.

I hope we don't make a stupid knee jerk decision but if Monk chooses the same 11 next game, then I will seriously think he is losing the plot, irrespective of the score and result. It's one thing if we play well and lose, it's another thing if we play badly, it's a sackable offence if we continue to pick a team that cannot possibly do anything other than play badly because the balance is so wrong.
Crisis on 20:27 - Nov 9 with 1567 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Crisis on 19:56 - Nov 9 by londonlisa2001

Transparently that is not the case.

Doesn't mean that it's Beattie's fault.

It may be, it's just that no one knows and it's easy to think it is.

The balance of Montero, Gomis, Ayew, Siggy is wrong - that is our problem, not James Beattie.
We are also unbalanced in the Ki, JJS, Siggy midfield 3. That is also not James Beattie's problem.

I hope we don't make a stupid knee jerk decision but if Monk chooses the same 11 next game, then I will seriously think he is losing the plot, irrespective of the score and result. It's one thing if we play well and lose, it's another thing if we play badly, it's a sackable offence if we continue to pick a team that cannot possibly do anything other than play badly because the balance is so wrong.

Then you are blaming it wholly on GM.
Login to get fewer ads

Crisis on 20:30 - Nov 9 with 1558 viewsSwansNZ

Crisis on 20:27 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

At the end of the day, the buck stops with Garry — he is the one in charge of making all the decisions.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Crisis on 20:38 - Nov 9 with 1544 viewsxmastree

Garry is still learning his trade. If I was him I'd have experience people around me. Pep, Beattie and kol need to go. I can't for the life of me see what they offer him. They could be his downfall in the end.
Crisis on 20:54 - Nov 9 with 1520 viewslondonlisa2001

Crisis on 20:27 - Nov 9 by A_Fans_Dad

Not necessarily.

There may be (I have no idea, hence maybe) pressure that he feels to play our most expensive players at the same time.

All I would say, is that in my opinion, it's a balance issue - we are just not creating much.

Now that doesn't excuse Gomis in the one on one against Arsenal, but neither is that Beattie's fault, and we are simply not in the market for the level of player that ALWAYS scores those chances.

But if GM continues to pick the same 11, when it's obvious (or at least, I think it is) that they can't play together as a coherent and balanced team, then that is his fault, yes.
Crisis on 21:07 - Nov 9 with 1493 viewsDanWelsh86

We're 100% in a crisis, and I'm starting to think Monk is showing his inexperience.

However if we win the next 2 games, it will all be hunky dory again. To be honest, what we need is rationality because there is a thread on this board about bringing Tate into the coaching set up. I can't begin to tell you how absolutely shambolic that thought process is.

We flap like headless chickens when we're in crisis, because we haven't had to deal with a crisis since the early 2000's. I like many other fans are spoilt if I'm honest considering I expect us to be beating top 4 teams.

The board want to give him time, lets trust in them. They're businessmen with a vested interest in keeping us in the money.

Calm your tits.
Crisis on 21:10 - Nov 9 with 1488 viewsStarsky

Crisis on 21:07 - Nov 9 by DanWelsh86

We're 100% in a crisis, and I'm starting to think Monk is showing his inexperience.

However if we win the next 2 games, it will all be hunky dory again. To be honest, what we need is rationality because there is a thread on this board about bringing Tate into the coaching set up. I can't begin to tell you how absolutely shambolic that thought process is.

We flap like headless chickens when we're in crisis, because we haven't had to deal with a crisis since the early 2000's. I like many other fans are spoilt if I'm honest considering I expect us to be beating top 4 teams.

The board want to give him time, lets trust in them. They're businessmen with a vested interest in keeping us in the money.

Calm your tits.

Hi Dan... How do you know the board want to give him time?
I will say this though. HJ will act when he feels the time is right. I trust him on that.

It's just the internet, init.

Crisis on 21:59 - Nov 9 with 1444 viewsdaijack15

We are 4 points behind Liverpool and Everton and above Chelsea,Newcastle and Villa All of whom are much bigger clubs than us. You have a point about Beattie as ever since he took over as head forward coach we have drawn a blank, Monk has been fantastic ever since he took over and just like jose at Chelsea you don't all of a sudden become a rubbish manager. All those calling for his head need a reality check and get a grip. If you look how tight the premiership is this season then you can see we are about 3 or 4 points behind where we should be and that is no crises that is bad luck and a couple of wins will see us back to where i think we will end up......We wont be relegated or will come close to be relegated ...we are ending up around the 10th- 14th finish and that is a good season for a small club like ours,,
Crisis on 22:01 - Nov 9 with 1430 viewscockneyswan

Crisis on 20:30 - Nov 9 by SwansNZ

At the end of the day, the buck stops with Garry — he is the one in charge of making all the decisions.

:- This,

You have to assume GM had a big say in bringing in Beattie, (probably because Garry feels he doesn't have the necessarry attacking experience). So as such if Beattie is Garry's choice then Garry must shoulder the responsibility for the lack of goal scoring.

I wouldn't want any panic measures yet (as stated a couple of wins and the table will look very different). However if were still as dire after Xmas Huw must then act hopefully this won't be necessarry.
Crisis on 10:36 - Nov 10 with 1303 viewsDewi1jack

Crisis on 18:32 - Nov 9 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"if a stranger takes over and changes the Swansea philosophy of playing...."

It's comments like that which I find alarming. How can somebody not notice that our way of playing has been completely eradicated? We are by far and away the most boring team to watch in the EPL at the moment. How many other teams have gone a whole game against Norwich without having a shot on target this season?

The 'Swansea philosophy' died when we started picking up wins last season with Monk's preferred defensive approach. I bet even Paula Souza watches our games on the telly and is amazed at how defensive we are.

I like the "new, improved " Dwight.
This is another answer that makes sense and that I agree with.
Long may it continue!

"I bet even Paula Souza watches our games on the telly and is amazed at how defensive we are."

Trouble is, under PS, we could defend against set pieces and had better defensive organization.
It was definitely boring as F**k to watch, but with hindsight, it gave Brenda a tremendous platform to work with... strong foundations = a strong house.
Attack freely because ultimately the team could defend as a unit when it needed to.

This year.
No change that to just recently or around the 1st International break, we really seem to struggle to defend anything.
Players that have looked good defensively in the past, look shell shocked even scared similar to rabbits in the headlights at times.
Jeff doesn't like coming back to defend, so some people are giving Tayls absolute pelters for not bombing forward and leaving a huge gap behind him.
Same on the right. Andre doesn't seem to help Kyle out much. When he hasn't drifted infield and crowding Siggy out!
Mo gets grief, but at least he'll bomb back and help Kyle, same as Nath and Angel used to do to each other (no, they're not the answer!!)
So defensively, our team as a unit is going backwards.
That has to come down to the coaching staff.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Crisis on 10:51 - Nov 10 with 1293 viewsBanosPerth

Crisis on 10:36 - Nov 10 by Dewi1jack

I like the "new, improved " Dwight.
This is another answer that makes sense and that I agree with.
Long may it continue!

"I bet even Paula Souza watches our games on the telly and is amazed at how defensive we are."

Trouble is, under PS, we could defend against set pieces and had better defensive organization.
It was definitely boring as F**k to watch, but with hindsight, it gave Brenda a tremendous platform to work with... strong foundations = a strong house.
Attack freely because ultimately the team could defend as a unit when it needed to.

This year.
No change that to just recently or around the 1st International break, we really seem to struggle to defend anything.
Players that have looked good defensively in the past, look shell shocked even scared similar to rabbits in the headlights at times.
Jeff doesn't like coming back to defend, so some people are giving Tayls absolute pelters for not bombing forward and leaving a huge gap behind him.
Same on the right. Andre doesn't seem to help Kyle out much. When he hasn't drifted infield and crowding Siggy out!
Mo gets grief, but at least he'll bomb back and help Kyle, same as Nath and Angel used to do to each other (no, they're not the answer!!)
So defensively, our team as a unit is going backwards.
That has to come down to the coaching staff.

Yes as noted by many posters, we are "more defensive" yet literally "going backwards".
That is a real conundrum - same back 5 as last year, yet shipping far more soft goals. Why ?
Crisis on 11:10 - Nov 10 with 1271 viewsWarwickHunt

Neither do I.

Same goods, different display...
Crisis on 12:03 - Nov 10 with 1242 viewsjasper_T

Crisis on 10:51 - Nov 10 by BanosPerth

Yes as noted by many posters, we are "more defensive" yet literally "going backwards".
That is a real conundrum - same back 5 as last year, yet shipping far more soft goals. Why ?

Defending starts from the front. It's not the sole purview of the "back 5".

Personally I feel the attacking play is the greater problem. Every team is going to concede the odd sloppy goal like we did against Norwich. But when you have 75% possession in a game you have to be scoring a couple of goals to make conceding like that have no effect on the result.

Or at least get a single shot on target ffs.
Crisis on 23:13 - Nov 10 with 1174 viewsBanosPerth

Crisis on 12:03 - Nov 10 by jasper_T

Defending starts from the front. It's not the sole purview of the "back 5".

Personally I feel the attacking play is the greater problem. Every team is going to concede the odd sloppy goal like we did against Norwich. But when you have 75% possession in a game you have to be scoring a couple of goals to make conceding like that have no effect on the result.

Or at least get a single shot on target ffs.

Of course "attack is the best form of defence". But failure to score enough goals does not necessarily imply that the defence has to be poor (just think of Sousa if you must ...).
However it seems that a general malaise has gripped the whole team, and we are trying to figure out why this is so.
I agree that the attacking play is the greater problem, but if you throw in poor defending as well, potential 1-0 wins become draws (or worse) and potential 0-0 draws become losses.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024