Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
English Football League 17:13 - Nov 12 with 8744 viewsAquinas

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-to-be-re-name

Is the change an insult to Welsh football teams in the English football pyramid?
English Football League on 18:49 - Nov 13 with 1901 viewsNeath_Jack

English Football League on 18:41 - Nov 13 by Uxbridge

Snap.

It's the English league. There's also a Welsh league. They're welcome to toddle off to that if they're getting precious about it.

So that's three of you in this thread, 4 if you want to include Plasjack, to point out where in this thread anyone has said that the English need us, or where the parody is. As Perchie stated.

Go.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

English Football League on 18:57 - Nov 13 with 1887 viewslonglostjack

English Football League on 17:35 - Nov 12 by Glyn1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/12/goodbye-football-league-hello-en

It's for "re-branding purposes" that "all fans will identify with". Good luck with that. I suppose the 'So-Called English Football League" (the SCEFL) isn't as catchy.

It's also historically inaccurate. The Southern League was set up to rival the one in the north and consisted of clubs from both Wales and southern England, and I think that there were several more Welsh clubs that have since gone out of business or been relegated - does anyone have a list of them? Consequently, we and the other Welsh teams became founding members when the leagues merged in the 1920s. So the Welsh clubs are in it by right, not by invitation.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2015 17:38]

Good post

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

English Football League on 19:37 - Nov 13 with 1865 viewsKilkennyjack

English Football League on 17:35 - Nov 12 by Glyn1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/12/goodbye-football-league-hello-en

It's for "re-branding purposes" that "all fans will identify with". Good luck with that. I suppose the 'So-Called English Football League" (the SCEFL) isn't as catchy.

It's also historically inaccurate. The Southern League was set up to rival the one in the north and consisted of clubs from both Wales and southern England, and I think that there were several more Welsh clubs that have since gone out of business or been relegated - does anyone have a list of them? Consequently, we and the other Welsh teams became founding members when the leagues merged in the 1920s. So the Welsh clubs are in it by right, not by invitation.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2015 17:38]

Aberdare and Merthyr, plus swans, newport and ....erm, i think thats it....

Beware of the Risen People

English Football League on 19:55 - Nov 13 with 1860 viewsEdmundo

Its just a name, who cares

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

English Football League on 20:39 - Nov 13 with 1843 viewsUxbridge

English Football League on 18:49 - Nov 13 by Neath_Jack

So that's three of you in this thread, 4 if you want to include Plasjack, to point out where in this thread anyone has said that the English need us, or where the parody is. As Perchie stated.

Go.

Calm down. I was agreeing on the English league element. I try not to read scouses utterances too closely.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

English Football League on 23:37 - Nov 13 with 1805 viewssully49

Cant it be called Engl(ish) Premier League? Problem solved.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024