Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira 08:44 - Dec 3 with 4485 viewspaulscho

Who would you pick to have in goal on Sunday?
To be honest I haven't seen the reason behind the decisions to keep Josh out of the team. Joel has looked a little suspect at times charging off his line for two conceded goals last week.
I get the feeling Josh will have the No1 shirt back on Sunday, that extra bit of big game derby experience, and not to forget the way he performed at Giggle lane.
Its Josh for me.

livinginadalewonderland

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 09:08 - Dec 3 with 4459 viewsdingdangblue

Harsh on Lillis - but we've won 2 from 3 since Pereira has come back - he will be keeping his place on Sunday. Interesting I was watching Josh warm up at HT last Sat and when Pereira came out Josh was heading towards him (I'm sure to offer him some encouragement) - and Pereira went in the opposite direction towards the centre circle - Josh wasn't going to chase after him so just headed off to the dugout. It must be a tricky situation having come back and stolen the number 1 jersey.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 09:16 - Dec 3 with 4443 viewspaulscho

I wouldn't want to see us lose because the day got the better of Joel. Bit of a difference playing in front of 6000 on the TV with an intimidating away following.

livinginadalewonderland

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 09:28 - Dec 3 with 4420 viewsfitzochris

Having now seen both keepers play, I would stick with Pereira. Firstly, for consistency, but, secondly, for other attributes he brings to the team. The goal we conceded against Port Vale was as much to do with the elements as it was the confusion between keeper and defence. You could argue that playing the ball across the back four in conditions such as that was asking for trouble in the first place (albeit that was the only time we were punished). If anything, the defence seemed quite confident with him behind them.

Pereira showed a confidence I haven’t seen in Lillis (and remember, this guy is a lot more inexperienced). Yes, he can come across as a little rash, but some of his improvisation was great. The way he showed Ikpeazu to one side when he was clean through, effectively forcing him to put the ball wide, without committing himself, was impressive. That should have been a certain goal for Port Vale. Then there was the star jump that both put off Ikpeazu and allowed Pereira to get to the ball first without giving away a penalty.

He pulled off a great diving save towards the end of the match too, which was more than just showboating.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 09:46 - Dec 3 with 4379 viewsdingdangblue

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 09:28 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

Having now seen both keepers play, I would stick with Pereira. Firstly, for consistency, but, secondly, for other attributes he brings to the team. The goal we conceded against Port Vale was as much to do with the elements as it was the confusion between keeper and defence. You could argue that playing the ball across the back four in conditions such as that was asking for trouble in the first place (albeit that was the only time we were punished). If anything, the defence seemed quite confident with him behind them.

Pereira showed a confidence I haven’t seen in Lillis (and remember, this guy is a lot more inexperienced). Yes, he can come across as a little rash, but some of his improvisation was great. The way he showed Ikpeazu to one side when he was clean through, effectively forcing him to put the ball wide, without committing himself, was impressive. That should have been a certain goal for Port Vale. Then there was the star jump that both put off Ikpeazu and allowed Pereira to get to the ball first without giving away a penalty.

He pulled off a great diving save towards the end of the match too, which was more than just showboating.

One thing I would say is whilst Pereira is here and playing - the club should be shouting about it from the rooftops. There's that many Man Utd fans around the town and surrounding area we could surely gets few more people coming down to Spotland just to watch him! A top performance by him on TV could really do us some good as it would generate huge publicity.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 10:31 - Dec 3 with 4305 viewsfirgrovedale51

Josh Lillis every time do not like Pereira at all
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 10:50 - Dec 3 with 4263 viewsnordenblue

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 10:31 - Dec 3 by firgrovedale51

Josh Lillis every time do not like Pereira at all

Have you banged your head?
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 11:17 - Dec 3 with 4229 viewsdeeplishblue

Josh for me. Think that he has been very unlucky to lose his place - according to this website he is the most highly rated performer of the season.

Josh has earned is a point in the last 2 games against the buckets.

Not sure that the united player is any better tbh.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 11:37 - Dec 3 with 4201 viewsfirgrovedale51

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 10:50 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

Have you banged your head?

Think yours is still full of confetti
Login to get fewer ads

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 12:13 - Dec 3 with 4134 viewsDannyG_RAFC

At this moment in time..

josh
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 12:48 - Dec 3 with 4059 viewsnordenblue

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 11:37 - Dec 3 by firgrovedale51

Think yours is still full of confetti

There was a fair bit on my bonce to be honest
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 14:50 - Dec 3 with 3908 viewsfirgrovedale51

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 12:48 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

There was a fair bit on my bonce to be honest

At least your shampoo worked Wash & Go
You washed and it went.
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 16:25 - Dec 3 with 3804 viewsDickydaler

With it being an FA Cup match Hilly might give Josh a game and then bring Joel back for the league games.
I would prefer Josh to start them all but I reckon Hilly has done a deal with UTD who want him to play first team football during his loan period.
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 19:43 - Dec 3 with 3653 viewsnordenblue

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 14:50 - Dec 3 by firgrovedale51

At least your shampoo worked Wash & Go
You washed and it went.

Im not into washing so please dont tar me with that brush thanks
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 20:25 - Dec 3 with 3593 viewsHealeyDale

I think that Josh's distribution is better. At times against Port Vale Joel looked like he was afraid to kick the ball.
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 20:41 - Dec 3 with 3567 viewspedrodale

Prefare Josh over Joel, Joel makes me nervous when he has time to think
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 09:39 - Dec 4 with 3386 viewsChaffRAFC

JCP for me.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 20:22 - Dec 4 with 3253 viewsBrierls

Pereira.

Lillis hasn't done anything wrong, but there has been an upturn in results since Pereira came in.

Anybody that suggests Lillis' distribution is better than Pereira's is on a windup or should be watching football that has a bell in the ball
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 20:58 - Dec 4 with 3208 viewsDickydaler

Who said that!!
I also think that Josh's distribution is better, and he doesn't mess about with the ball in his area.
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 21:15 - Dec 4 with 3181 viewsBrierls

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 20:58 - Dec 4 by Dickydaler

Who said that!!
I also think that Josh's distribution is better, and he doesn't mess about with the ball in his area.

Based on what I've seen, Pereira is possibly the best passer of the ball at the club! He doesn't just lump the ball forward, or hang the ball up towards a target, he actually pings the ball to them.

Do not underestimate how good, fast distribution from the keeper puts us on the front foot. I don't think he has been found wanting with his shot stopping or taking crosses either. I can see why Hilly rates him so highly.

Yes, there are times when he takes too many touches, that is inexperience. Lets hope he learns quickly, and not the hard way!
Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 21:19 - Dec 4 with 3172 viewsfirgrovedale51

Josh Lillis or Joel Castro Pereira on 20:22 - Dec 4 by Brierls

Pereira.

Lillis hasn't done anything wrong, but there has been an upturn in results since Pereira came in.

Anybody that suggests Lillis' distribution is better than Pereira's is on a windup or should be watching football that has a bell in the ball

Anybody that suggests any upturn in results is in anyway due to Pereira should be watching football that has a bell in the ball .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024