Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 09:57 - Jan 8 with 9208 viewsAnotherJohn

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2016/01/08/568eed4122601dd4058

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2016/01/07/mas_futbol/1452202960_157851.html
In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 10:00 - Jan 8 with 5137 viewsLoyal

The guy who had it all, and threw it all away.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 10:05 - Jan 8 with 5113 viewsBloodyhills

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 10:00 - Jan 8 by Loyal

The guy who had it all, and threw it all away.

At the time I thought it was a bit stupid of him to kick the hoardings all the time. It's a shame for and us and for him.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 10:38 - Jan 8 with 4998 viewslovejuicejack

Good luck michu hope it goes well for you
In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 11:32 - Jan 8 with 4853 viewscaerleon_jack

You do have to wonder where it all went wrong for Michu. The injuries (self inflicted or not) took their toll, but there was obviously a mental issue there as well. When he joined the club he spoke about how welcome he had been made and how he felt at home at a club of our size and style. But he quite clearly became frustrated with other players at the club, I can remember several games where he waited to come out on the pitch at half time well ahead of the rest of the team and he showed his frustrations with other players when things didn't go well. The sacking of Laudrup seemed to affect him majorly and it shows that even when he got fit at Napoli, he couldn't rediscover anywhere near the form we had out of him for the first 9-10 months.

A massive 'what could have been' and a player that I feel distinctly sorry for. The fame that he found over here didn't just go to his head, it seemed to seriously mess him up. You have to wonder what would have happened to him if he had gone for big money after than first season? Would a bigger club have been able to support him better than we could, or would he have crumbled further?

What I'd give for a fit and raring-to-go Michu at our club right now though.

Insert something witty here

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 11:34 - Jan 8 with 4843 viewsmonmouth

Probably the biggest talent and the biggest w**ker we've had at Swansea City.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 11:36 - Jan 8 with 4832 viewsraynor94

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 11:34 - Jan 8 by monmouth

Sums it up perfectly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 11:50 - Jan 8 with 4777 viewsoldcob

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 11:34 - Jan 8 by monmouth

Biggest talent in the sixty odd years I've been watching Swans is Curt. No question.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 11:53]
In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 11:58 - Jan 8 with 4737 viewsLoyal

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 10:05 - Jan 8 by Bloodyhills

At the time I thought it was a bit stupid of him to kick the hoardings all the time. It's a shame for and us and for him.

If only it was just physical.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Login to get fewer ads

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 12:01 - Jan 8 with 4727 viewsLoyal

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 11:32 - Jan 8 by caerleon_jack

You do have to wonder where it all went wrong for Michu. The injuries (self inflicted or not) took their toll, but there was obviously a mental issue there as well. When he joined the club he spoke about how welcome he had been made and how he felt at home at a club of our size and style. But he quite clearly became frustrated with other players at the club, I can remember several games where he waited to come out on the pitch at half time well ahead of the rest of the team and he showed his frustrations with other players when things didn't go well. The sacking of Laudrup seemed to affect him majorly and it shows that even when he got fit at Napoli, he couldn't rediscover anywhere near the form we had out of him for the first 9-10 months.

A massive 'what could have been' and a player that I feel distinctly sorry for. The fame that he found over here didn't just go to his head, it seemed to seriously mess him up. You have to wonder what would have happened to him if he had gone for big money after than first season? Would a bigger club have been able to support him better than we could, or would he have crumbled further?

What I'd give for a fit and raring-to-go Michu at our club right now though.

Solidly well put.

25 plus goal scoring midfielder. Capped by his club all in a few months. The greates player many of us have ever seen. He carried that in to season two as well, let's not forget that. The man couldn't cope with it, the stardom, the glory, the fact had he kept his head down he would have gone to a World Cup.

Michu and his story is one which will resonate with many forever.
Cult hero, cnt attitude.

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 12:12 - Jan 8 with 4698 viewsHighjack

Everyone wondered how nobody else had taken a punt on him. The fact he is completely mentally unstable must have been common knowledge within the game.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 12:20 - Jan 8 with 4679 viewskarnataka

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 12:12 - Jan 8 by Highjack

Everyone wondered how nobody else had taken a punt on him. The fact he is completely mentally unstable must have been common knowledge within the game.

That didn't hold Joey Barton back.
In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 13:03 - Jan 8 with 4577 viewsLoyal

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 12:20 - Jan 8 by karnataka

That didn't hold Joey Barton back.

He was just a thug, Michu was clearly deep in the deep.

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 13:29 - Jan 8 with 4505 viewsGlyn1

He wouldn't even make the top 20.

Never slagged this club off and seems a nice guy who wanted to go home.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 13:33 - Jan 8 with 4480 viewsBlasterJack

Taken from Sky Sports:-

After making a 40-minute appearance in Thursday's win, Michu tweeted: "In the end it comes down to feel loved... Eternal thanks."

"It cost me sleep. I get nervous now which is weird," he told a post-match press conference.

"One wants to be happy. I've very comfortable in the club so I'm happy. I feel very protected and we are a family. In the end it comes down to feeling wanted."

Loved and wanted?? Aww bless.

Both the club and the fans would have given their left nut to have the player back that we had in his debut season.

This from a bloke that the club bent over backwards to appease, agreeing to pretty much everything he wanted I.e. Go out on loan, staying in Spain for recovery etc, all whilst picking up a wage that most of us can only dream of.

Show a bit of grace you classless prick.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 13:34 - Jan 8 with 4474 viewsdickythorpe

Those goals at the Emirates will take some beating for finishing. Gomis and even Bony couldnt even dream of having that skill.
In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 13:35 - Jan 8 with 4464 viewslovejuicejack

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 13:34 - Jan 8 by dickythorpe

Those goals at the Emirates will take some beating for finishing. Gomis and even Bony couldnt even dream of having that skill.

This
In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 14:11 - Jan 8 with 4405 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Monk threw him out along with the rest of the "banda loca"

All the best Michu - shine on you crazy diamond .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 14:15 - Jan 8 with 4395 viewsPrivate_Partz

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 13:33 - Jan 8 by BlasterJack

Taken from Sky Sports:-

After making a 40-minute appearance in Thursday's win, Michu tweeted: "In the end it comes down to feel loved... Eternal thanks."

"It cost me sleep. I get nervous now which is weird," he told a post-match press conference.

"One wants to be happy. I've very comfortable in the club so I'm happy. I feel very protected and we are a family. In the end it comes down to feeling wanted."

Loved and wanted?? Aww bless.

Both the club and the fans would have given their left nut to have the player back that we had in his debut season.

This from a bloke that the club bent over backwards to appease, agreeing to pretty much everything he wanted I.e. Go out on loan, staying in Spain for recovery etc, all whilst picking up a wage that most of us can only dream of.

Show a bit of grace you classless prick.

Not so sure about the left nut from the club. Don't forget his injury coincided with the end of ML at the club and the exodus of every player associated with him. Jordi being the exception and there is no doubt he has been sidelined under Monk.
Michu has hinted on more than one occasion about not being loved suggesting he was not wanted at the club. You never heard any complaints from them when he allegedly failed to turn up for training. It is just as possible he was told to stay away.
Don't forget Grry Monk has been around during all the periods of disruption at the club. Jackett, Sousa, Laudrup and possibly now with players failing to perform for him yet willing to work for Curt.
Of course what I am saying could be a load of bollo. We just do not know the full story but the evidence we have can point in two directions. Michu may not be the classless prick you think he is.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 14:16]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 14:43 - Jan 8 with 4339 viewstrolley_jack

People are too quick to criticize Michu, he came here for £2m and paid that fee and any wages off on the pitch numerous times. He has never said or done anything that I can recall that has been to the detriment of the club. He owes this club nothing, he signed a new contract when is stock was high and he could have moved on and maybe the classless pricks are the ones having a dig at a player the moment they leave the club.
In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 14:54 - Jan 8 with 4304 viewsdgt73

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 14:43 - Jan 8 by trolley_jack

People are too quick to criticize Michu, he came here for £2m and paid that fee and any wages off on the pitch numerous times. He has never said or done anything that I can recall that has been to the detriment of the club. He owes this club nothing, he signed a new contract when is stock was high and he could have moved on and maybe the classless pricks are the ones having a dig at a player the moment they leave the club.

Spot on - plenty of self righteous pr-cks on here, criticising Michu when he did nothing wrong as far as I know.
A joy to watch and i hope he's very happy in whatever he does for the rest of his life.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 14:57]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 14:56 - Jan 8 with 4299 viewsdgt73

Wtf are you talking about

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 14:57 - Jan 8 with 4292 viewsDaggyjack

In my eyes, Michu was a fantastic player for Swansea and helped us to our first major trophy in our history.
No way am I going to criticise him...whatever truly happened at the club, none of us will ever really know.
Good luck to Michu, top player for us and gave us great moments that won't be forgotten.
In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 15:04 - Jan 8 with 4268 viewsdgt73

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 14:57 - Jan 8 by Daggyjack

In my eyes, Michu was a fantastic player for Swansea and helped us to our first major trophy in our history.
No way am I going to criticise him...whatever truly happened at the club, none of us will ever really know.
Good luck to Michu, top player for us and gave us great moments that won't be forgotten.

Yeah I agree - was at Qpr when he made his debut and if I'm being honest didn't really have a clue who he was - but what an introduction to the P L, especially his second goal, outstanding.

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 15:04 - Jan 8 with 4268 viewsBlasterJack

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 14:15 - Jan 8 by Private_Partz

Not so sure about the left nut from the club. Don't forget his injury coincided with the end of ML at the club and the exodus of every player associated with him. Jordi being the exception and there is no doubt he has been sidelined under Monk.
Michu has hinted on more than one occasion about not being loved suggesting he was not wanted at the club. You never heard any complaints from them when he allegedly failed to turn up for training. It is just as possible he was told to stay away.
Don't forget Grry Monk has been around during all the periods of disruption at the club. Jackett, Sousa, Laudrup and possibly now with players failing to perform for him yet willing to work for Curt.
Of course what I am saying could be a load of bollo. We just do not know the full story but the evidence we have can point in two directions. Michu may not be the classless prick you think he is.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 14:16]

Maybe calling him a classless prick was a bit harsh on reflection but whatever way you look at it, his words were a swipe at us.

His passion for us on the pitch was certainly reciprocated by the adulation he got from the stands.

For whatever reason, he seems very bitter towards us.
If he was ostracised under Monk then fair enough, but then that was down to a particular person, not the club as a whole who I think did whatever they could to help him.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

In a galaxy far far away…. Michu makes Langreo debut in front of crowd of 800 on 15:12 - Jan 8 with 4246 viewsrob

Up there with Ferrie Bodde with regard to talent in modern day Swans terms. Great player for a spell, when he was with us. I remember him playing against Cardiff away and thought, this guy has had it, he's just not the same player anymore. All the best to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024