Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. 20:22 - Jan 12 with 2562 viewsstonedroses

how have they become better than us mid table sides since last year? poor investment, and arrogance on our part? drove down the plasmarl dual carriageway yesterday morning to be confronted by a huge swans badge on the side of the new indoor training barn....my first thought was hope we havnt been thinking we're bigger than we thought we were.....
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:24 - Jan 12 with 2544 viewsAngelRangelQS

Palace signed Cabaye, Stoke signed Shaquiri, we signed Grimes, Eder, Tabanou and Naughton
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:40 - Jan 12 with 2491 viewsWatchman

because we have utterly failed to beat the promoted sides which we have done over the past few seasons

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:46 - Jan 12 with 2463 viewsAl_Bundy

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:40 - Jan 12 by Watchman

because we have utterly failed to beat the promoted sides which we have done over the past few seasons

And WBA and West Ham
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:53 - Jan 12 with 2439 viewsportsidejack

they all bought better than us.
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:54 - Jan 12 with 2432 viewsdobjack2

Complacency- believing we are an established premiership club and don't need to do a great deal more on the pitch to stay there.
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:58 - Jan 12 with 2410 viewsSwanjaxs

All these clubs have moved forward every year, we have stood still/gone backwards. .. and that gets you relegated from the Premier league

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 21:10 - Jan 12 with 2355 viewsClinton

Stoke have Peter Coates money behind them. He has pumped in many millions over the years.
Watford have a decent experienced manager. They are also part of a consortium of clubs so able to draw on players from other clubs across Europe in the same group.
Palace have an experienced manager.
West Ham have David gold and David Sullivan money behind them
West broom have an experienced manager well versed in the ways of the premier league.
We have no outside finance and a rookie manager
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 21:12]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 21:41 - Jan 12 with 2302 viewsinspector

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:24 - Jan 12 by AngelRangelQS

Palace signed Cabaye, Stoke signed Shaquiri, we signed Grimes, Eder, Tabanou and Naughton

and ayew.
Login to get fewer ads

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 22:20 - Jan 12 with 2200 viewsangryjack

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 21:41 - Jan 12 by inspector

and ayew.

and he is sh*t as well
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 22:21 - Jan 12 with 2193 viewsPrivate_Partz

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:54 - Jan 12 by dobjack2

Complacency- believing we are an established premiership club and don't need to do a great deal more on the pitch to stay there.

I agree with this and I would add 'off the pitch' as well. Every bit as important. We have taken our eye off the ball and need to up our game pdq.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 22:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 22:58 - Jan 12 with 2140 viewsdobjack2

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 22:21 - Jan 12 by Private_Partz

I agree with this and I would add 'off the pitch' as well. Every bit as important. We have taken our eye off the ball and need to up our game pdq.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 22:47]

I agree with you perhaps I could have written my initial post better. The complacency started off the pitch, and focus Was lost with what was happening with the management team,which appeared to be similarly complacent, and the first team squad as a result of that.
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 23:33 - Jan 12 with 2087 viewsHip

It's really simple... they recruited better and strengthen their teams during the summer transfer window. Ayew is the only player to really establish himself at the Swans. If you look at West Ham, Palace, Stoke and even Watford you'll see 2, 3 or 4 players that have come into their teams and really made a difference.
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 00:57 - Jan 13 with 2035 viewsskippyjack

Ayew - cost 6 million
Gomis - cost 6 million
Eder - cost 5 million
Tabanou - cost 3.5 million
Naughton - cost 5 million
Fabianski - cost 3 million
Emnes - cost 1.25 million
Fernandez - cost 7 million
Barrow & Grimes - cost a combined 4 million
Cork - cost 2 million
Montero - cost 3+ million
Nordfeldt - 600k

45+ million

Ayew - 6 million
Fabianski - 3 million
Fernandez - 7 million
Cork - 2 million
Barrow & Grimes - 4 million..

22 million on players considered worthy.. 22 million spunked up the wall.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 14:32 - Jan 13 with 1879 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Don't forget the crazy coaching situation, what a great way to demotivate International Players.
stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 15:08 - Jan 13 with 1848 viewsJBT95

stoke city, watford, crystal palace. on 20:46 - Jan 12 by Al_Bundy

And WBA and West Ham

For one moment there I thought you said we didn't beat WBA.

Oh you did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024