Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee 20:40 - Jan 13 with 2679 viewsrobld002

Wow where do they find these guys... Curt looked like he wanted to hit him as he was going down the tunnel. Interesting to see Adrian tucker our ex GK coach nearby too!
Referee on 20:42 - Jan 13 with 2642 viewsA_Fans_Dad

That must be grounds for an FA review of the Red Card, surely?
Referee on 21:14 - Jan 13 with 2510 viewsAquinas

I have watched hundreds/thousands of football matches and never have I hoped that someone comes on and thumps the ref/ the ref breaks his ankle, until today.

If anyone on this forum was as incompetent in their day job as the ref they would be sacked.

When a doctor messes up they can be sued by the party who suffered loss/pain. Same with Lawyers, car drivers etc etc. Never have I seen a more blatant example of a referee being solely liable for us losing the game. Will there be any repercussions on the ref? Of course not, 'its a tough job'.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2016 21:14]
Referee on 21:33 - Jan 13 with 2403 viewsblaine_scfc

Referee on 20:42 - Jan 13 by A_Fans_Dad

It will be overturned but the damage has been done. I have no doubt in my mind we would be taking home three points today without that decision.

It's an absolute sickener
Referee on 21:37 - Jan 13 with 2362 viewsEasternJack

Worst display of refereeing I've seen in a long time.

Their first goal was offside
Ayew kicked the ground and get a penalty for it
Red card was farcical
Defoe's 2nd was offside

Without the above, it looks like we would have won this one comfortably.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Referee on 21:42 - Jan 13 with 2303 viewsoldcob

Referee on 21:37 - Jan 13 by EasternJack

Worst display of refereeing I've seen in a long time.

Their first goal was offside
Ayew kicked the ground and get a penalty for it
Red card was farcical
Defoe's 2nd was offside

Without the above, it looks like we would have won this one comfortably.

If ever there was a case for a T.V ref, this is it.
Referee on 21:49 - Jan 13 with 2215 viewscanhecatchit

I take i t Aquinas, that you were not at the cup match a few years ago then when we lost in extra time to Scunthorpe after the ref sent off 4 Swans players and when we had an injury to Idrizaj that the ref made him come back on to the pitch and sit down on the half way line near the tunnel, otherwise he would have had to abandoned the match.
Now he was a referee that everyone wanted to get at and cause serious damage, myself included

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Referee on 21:51 - Jan 13 with 2173 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Referee on 21:49 - Jan 13 by canhecatchit

I take i t Aquinas, that you were not at the cup match a few years ago then when we lost in extra time to Scunthorpe after the ref sent off 4 Swans players and when we had an injury to Idrizaj that the ref made him come back on to the pitch and sit down on the half way line near the tunnel, otherwise he would have had to abandoned the match.
Now he was a referee that everyone wanted to get at and cause serious damage, myself included

Oh yes! Quite a few wanted to slap him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Referee on 21:52 - Jan 13 with 2152 viewsAquinas

My memory isn't great, but I remember a game where it was quite low scoring, possibly 0-0 and it looked like fans were about to invade the pitch and batter the ref. If it is the same game, then yes I remember. I wasn't at the game but I was on this forum reading the matchday thread and everyone was going nuts. I actually thought of that game when I was posting on this thread. But in the grand scheme of the things this could cost us PL survival. A loss to scunthorpe pales in comparison.
Login to get fewer ads

Referee on 21:55 - Jan 13 with 2118 viewsswan65split

Ref and that linesman 2nd half should be sacked, probably cost an industry millions!!!!
Referee on 21:57 - Jan 13 with 2079 viewsLandore_Jack

Officials are a disgrace to football. Absolutely shocking.

#backtojack

Referee on 22:01 - Jan 13 with 2013 viewsjackrabbit

They only scored 1 legitimate goal - by Van Aarnolt - and that was due to some cowardice by Fernandes - turning his back to a shot and having it deflect off his back. He did the same thing with the same result earlier in the season. Otherwise all 3 of Defoe's goals - especially the first 2 -were offside. Rangel's effort was played on by a defender. It was probably more legitimate than Defoe's goals.

I think Curt must have run over a black cat, because Lady Luck deserted us big time tonight. The officials were a disgrace, not just the ref but the linesmen also - caught daydreaming and cost us the game. Well done the team. You deserved better.
Referee on 22:04 - Jan 13 with 1962 viewsSheffieldjack

Referee on 22:01 - Jan 13 by jackrabbit

They only scored 1 legitimate goal - by Van Aarnolt - and that was due to some cowardice by Fernandes - turning his back to a shot and having it deflect off his back. He did the same thing with the same result earlier in the season. Otherwise all 3 of Defoe's goals - especially the first 2 -were offside. Rangel's effort was played on by a defender. It was probably more legitimate than Defoe's goals.

I think Curt must have run over a black cat, because Lady Luck deserted us big time tonight. The officials were a disgrace, not just the ref but the linesmen also - caught daydreaming and cost us the game. Well done the team. You deserved better.

Bang on!
Referee on 22:09 - Jan 13 with 1911 viewsploppy

Referee on 22:01 - Jan 13 by jackrabbit

Agree with all that except the comment about Rangel's "goal". You can't be played onside by a deflection - it has to be a deliberate pass. So it was rightly ruled out.
Referee on 22:12 - Jan 13 with 1882 viewsEasternJack

I recall Monk started off that downfall as well

c*nt

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Referee on 22:14 - Jan 13 with 1846 viewsjackrabbit

Referee on 22:09 - Jan 13 by ploppy

Agree with all that except the comment about Rangel's "goal". You can't be played onside by a deflection - it has to be a deliberate pass. So it was rightly ruled out.

We'll let 'em of that one then. I thought if it was touched by a defender, it made you onside. I am obviously mistaken. Mea culpa.
Referee on 22:25 - Jan 13 with 1720 viewsBloodyhills

Referee on 20:42 - Jan 13 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, you;d think so but that won't change the result.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Referee on 22:34 - Jan 13 with 1587 viewsangryjack

convinced they dont want us in premier league because we welsh
Referee on 22:36 - Jan 13 with 1554 viewsraynor94

Referee on 22:34 - Jan 13 by angryjack

convinced they dont want us in premier league because we welsh

Aye that's right it's a conspiracy

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Referee on 22:37 - Jan 13 with 1519 viewsWxmJax

Only heard game on Radio 5 but they said Andre Marinas was supposed to ref tonight. Also said how shocking he was, and not just one observer but several.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Referee on 22:38 - Jan 13 with 1503 viewsangryjack

Referee on 22:36 - Jan 13 by raynor94

Aye that's right it's a conspiracy

well some decisions that go against us makes me think
Referee on 22:42 - Jan 13 with 1449 viewsfelixstowe_jack

They should never have given the match to a novice referee who has only done two premier league matches. If there was any doubt Mariners fitness they should have got a proper referee down.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Referee on 22:43 - Jan 13 with 1400 viewsJack123

Even the Sunderland fans..although they won, still saying how shit he was..! And I did see one post on rtg saying we were the better side.

libera nos a malo

Referee on 22:44 - Jan 13 with 1395 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Referee on 22:37 - Jan 13 by WxmJax

Only heard game on Radio 5 but they said Andre Marinas was supposed to ref tonight. Also said how shocking he was, and not just one observer but several.

Makes it even harder to take in my eyes - always thought Marriner is one of the better ones

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Referee on 22:49 - Jan 13 with 1337 viewsMrSwerve

There's two massive fking screens...time to show the bloody replays for the ref to look at.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024