Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey 09:33 - Jan 29 with 14926 viewsBrierls

I'm absolutely gutted to post this, but I'm sad to inform you all that Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey passed away last night.

I've written this out a hundred times, but I still can't do the man justice. Mick was the nicest bloke you could ever meet and Dale through and through. Up until recently Mick could be seen at pretty much every Dale game, with his son David (Chaff), and whatever rabble he'd driven to the game this week. Always comically grumpy, always something to moan about, but above anything else always a top top bloke who was great to have in your company.

Cliche central but he will be missed. Massively.

Chaff has asked me to post because so many on here knew Papa Chaff, in fact he's probably given half of us a lift to an away game at some point.

RIP Papa Chaff.
Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey on 21:38 - Jan 30 with 2659 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey on 20:11 - Jan 30 by Fondles

RIP hope your alright chaff, must have been frigin death day on Friday, my dad also died.
RIP both x

RIP Mr Fondles.

Your Dads will always be with you, just close your eyes and they will be there:-)

Just try to remember that through the sh!t days. X

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey on 22:24 - Jan 30 with 2568 viewsdalenumber2

Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey on 20:11 - Jan 30 by Fondles

RIP hope your alright chaff, must have been frigin death day on Friday, my dad also died.
RIP both x

Sorry to hear that. Hope both Dads rest in peace.
Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey on 16:53 - Jan 31 with 2409 viewsSalwaDale

My condolences to you.

TBBT

Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey on 11:44 - Feb 11 with 2120 viewsChaffRAFC

Just a reminder, my Dad's funeral is tomorrow at 1pm at Rochdale Crematorium. The procession is starting from 3 Rupert Street, Meanwood, for anyone who wants to follow it to the Crem and anyone wishing to do so is to be at that address at 12:30.

Everybody is more than welcome to join us all in a drink or 10 at Studds Bar. Hot food will be provided as well.

A few people have asked me about dress code, simply put, there isn't one. We'll be suited and booted for the funeral but I'll then be in my Dale shirt for the wake but but if people want to wear them for the funeral, no offence will be taken in the slightest.

We're hoping for a good turnout so lets give him the send off he deserves.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey on 16:05 - Feb 11 with 1848 viewsParkinsGimp

Mick 'Papa Chaff' Chaffey on 21:38 - Jan 30 by SteTsGoldenBoot

RIP Mr Fondles.

Your Dads will always be with you, just close your eyes and they will be there:-)

Just try to remember that through the sh!t days. X

Agree RIP to both Dads and condolences to family and friends.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024