Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza 19:13 - Jan 31 with 1958 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If Francesco keeps us up and the style of play keeps us all thrilled and enjoying our football once more, what kind of set up do you all think he should go for?

I'm in favour of a 3-5-2 formation but that does leave us with a few headaches. For one none of our current full backs are capable of the demanding attacking and defending role (not to mention the stamina required) to plqy this role effectively. So that's two class wing backs needed with AR, KN and NT retained as back up.

Also where does this leave our wingers? Ayew isn't a winger and therefore doesn't count and Routledge is more tha capable of playing both out wide and in central areas but what of the likes of Barrow and Montero ? Barrow I'd like to keep as he is definitely one for the future but if a good offer comes in for Jeff perhaps we shoulf take it.

Central midfield we have plenty of cover, although I would like to see a creative passing quarter back type brought in like Bojan Krkic (or similar) and maybe another striker to keep the front two on their toes.

Any thoughts? Firstly on whether you would be happy with that formation and secondly what players would you like to see arrive (and leave) ? I hope this manager breaks the 18 month curse that we have been suffering because I really think with his age and experience he could keep us competitive in this division for some years to come. He seems delighted to be here and grateful that we've given him a shot at the PL.

Francesco's Barmy Army!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 19:20 - Jan 31 with 1898 viewsSwan91

I would like to see a 3-5-2 formation as we have alot of midfielders but I can imagine not many players will be here next season. I can imagine us selling ayew for about £20million and then these other players leaving:

gomis
Eder
Tabanou
montero

and we need to look at the ages of these players:
britton
Routledge (31)
Rangel

so I can imagine us changing the squad quite alot
The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 20:03 - Jan 31 with 1661 viewsOldjack

First half at Everton we were excellent ,closing down, attacking footy ,second half went on the defensive it seemed ,i didn't like that one bit ,and were very lucky to take all three points ,i hope Franco sorts out this worrying problem

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 20:10 - Jan 31 with 1610 viewsoldcob

The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 19:20 - Jan 31 by Swan91

I would like to see a 3-5-2 formation as we have alot of midfielders but I can imagine not many players will be here next season. I can imagine us selling ayew for about £20million and then these other players leaving:

gomis
Eder
Tabanou
montero

and we need to look at the ages of these players:
britton
Routledge (31)
Rangel

so I can imagine us changing the squad quite alot

A lot of midfielders? At present we are playing Ki, Cork, Siggy and Leon. If one of these four is injured who steps in? Grimes is next in line. Do you think he's ready and mature enough for a relegation battle?
The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 20:38 - Jan 31 with 1504 views2bzapt

It will most like be a 3-4-1-2 from next season as Guidolin favours this formation. We could play Paloschi and ayew up top with siggy playing a shadow striker role. As for our wingers, routledge can play a central role so can barrow but I think our problem will be wtf do we do with montero?
The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 21:34 - Jan 31 with 1322 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 20:38 - Jan 31 by 2bzapt

It will most like be a 3-4-1-2 from next season as Guidolin favours this formation. We could play Paloschi and ayew up top with siggy playing a shadow striker role. As for our wingers, routledge can play a central role so can barrow but I think our problem will be wtf do we do with montero?

Perhaps Montero should be sold (preferably abroad) and buy to good wingbacks with the proceeds. I still think we are short of a good playmaker to pul the strings for us.
I'm not sure about selling Gomis as he may well thrive plying up top with Paloschi, Ayew and Siggy can rotate in the AM role . May need a new CB. Chico anyonne???

The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 21:38 - Jan 31 with 1297 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 20:03 - Jan 31 by Oldjack

First half at Everton we were excellent ,closing down, attacking footy ,second half went on the defensive it seemed ,i didn't like that one bit ,and were very lucky to take all three points ,i hope Franco sorts out this worrying problem

Therein lies the problem with the high press game Alan, it knackers out the players. We should be ok with a few new faces and a tailored training regime to fit these tactics. It seems Monk trained the boys too hard, leaving them stale and tired for match days

The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 21:51 - Jan 31 with 1225 viewsOldjack

The Francesco Guidolin Summer Transfer Bonanza on 21:38 - Jan 31 by Brynmill_Jack

Therein lies the problem with the high press game Alan, it knackers out the players. We should be ok with a few new faces and a tailored training regime to fit these tactics. It seems Monk trained the boys too hard, leaving them stale and tired for match days

For the whole of the second half ?not to mention a tea break ,I also found Taylor getting skinned time and time again allowing those crosses to fly in by a very good winger another worry .It's early days yet i know Franco likes his teams on the front foot. Hopefully he'll sort it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024