Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post 16:16 - Feb 3 with 2959 viewsmingul

Hello to all, my name is Vlad, and I am Romanian football collector of tickets and programmes and a passionate football historian. I have started working on a project in the past year regarding my favorite club's (Steaua Bucharest) friendlies throughout the years. Having done a bit of research, I have found out that Steaua played a a friendly match against Swansea back in 2002. The reason I am writing to your forum is to kindly ask if perhaps some of the older fans have been to that match, since I am interested very much in more information about it.

I have managed to find the programme of the match (which is in my collection) but at this moment I would also be delighted to find a ticket stub from that game. Furthermore, any photos or video highlights would be absolutely wonderful since I have never seen anything from this match.

Looking forward for a reply and a help from a fellow football collector,

Thank you in advance,
Vlad
sportarchive@yahoo.com

P.S. I would like to mention that I am returning to your forum with this message as past experiences showed me that some people might see my message and could help, hope it does not cause any upsets. If an admin can delete the previous ones, I have no problems with that! Thanks!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 16:17]
Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 16:42 - Feb 3 with 2917 viewsmagicdaps10

I was at the game.

I remember Steaua were absolutely fantastic or we were terribly if not both.

Didnt Steaua win 1-0?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 16:51 - Feb 3 with 2885 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City 0-1 Steaua Bucharest

Match details:
Swansea City: Freestone, Jenkins, D Smith (Howard, 54), O'Leary, J Smith (Mumford, 88), Theobald, Mumford (Phillips, 58), Murphy, Thomas (Watkin, 60), Reid (Cusack, 75), Wood (Williams, 60) Subs (not used): Cole

Steaua Bucharest: Nae, Dumitru, Miu (Mutica, 78), Ghionea (Piturca, 73), Radoi (Mieila, 24), Panc (Stoica, 64), Bostina (Ngassam, 80), Raducana (Oprita, 56), Ogararu (Trica, 52), Paraschiv (Neaga, 65), Lita (Aliuta, 59) Subs (not used): Lung, Bordeanu, Roland

Referee: Simon Jones;
Attendance: 2,576
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 16:52]

#backtojack

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 17:44 - Feb 3 with 2809 viewsmingul

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 16:42 - Feb 3 by magicdaps10

I was at the game.

I remember Steaua were absolutely fantastic or we were terribly if not both.

Didnt Steaua win 1-0?

Yes, with a late goal by Neaga if my research shows well. You wouldn't happen to still have the ticket stub (if you are not a collector), would you?

Regards and thanks so much for the reply,

Vlad
Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 18:04 - Feb 3 with 2775 viewsHighjack

Remember at full time one of their defenders jumped in the north bank and started hugging everyone. Never found out why.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 18:50 - Feb 3 with 2714 viewsmingul

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 18:04 - Feb 3 by Highjack

Remember at full time one of their defenders jumped in the north bank and started hugging everyone. Never found out why.

:) Some video highlights would be actually fantastic. Would love to see that :)
Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 19:46 - Feb 3 with 2613 viewsslate_dk

Hi Vlad

This is not about the Swansea game; but my Danish team AGF meeting Steaua in the Cup winners cup in 1992.
Having first played AIK Stockholm; we drew Steaua in the next round. I remember standing in the east end of the old stadium; seeing the tiny Steaua players come running fast towards our goal; with the ball flying around like a pinball... thinking "oh dear this does not end well.." but somehow our defence managed to break it down again and again.
At the end it was 3-1 and unfortunately we got a bit complacent and it ended 3-2.

21/10-1992
10' 1-0 Søren Andersen
17' 2-0 Torben Christensen
64' 2-1 Ion Vladoiu
80' 3-1 Martin Nielsen
89' 3-2 Ilie Dumitrescu

I listened to the return match on the radio. It was 0-1 with 10 minutes to go, but ended 2-1.

4/11-1992
10' 0-1 Torben Christensen
81' 1-1 Silvian Cristescu
89' 2-1 Ion Vladoiu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aarhus_Gymnastikforening

Ah I just spotted your old thread (2010) on morethanaclub.dk... and the youtube link to the Bucarest game... first time I have seen the goals
Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 19:53 - Feb 3 with 2591 viewsmingul

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 19:46 - Feb 3 by slate_dk

Hi Vlad

This is not about the Swansea game; but my Danish team AGF meeting Steaua in the Cup winners cup in 1992.
Having first played AIK Stockholm; we drew Steaua in the next round. I remember standing in the east end of the old stadium; seeing the tiny Steaua players come running fast towards our goal; with the ball flying around like a pinball... thinking "oh dear this does not end well.." but somehow our defence managed to break it down again and again.
At the end it was 3-1 and unfortunately we got a bit complacent and it ended 3-2.

21/10-1992
10' 1-0 Søren Andersen
17' 2-0 Torben Christensen
64' 2-1 Ion Vladoiu
80' 3-1 Martin Nielsen
89' 3-2 Ilie Dumitrescu

I listened to the return match on the radio. It was 0-1 with 10 minutes to go, but ended 2-1.

4/11-1992
10' 0-1 Torben Christensen
81' 1-1 Silvian Cristescu
89' 2-1 Ion Vladoiu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aarhus_Gymnastikforening

Ah I just spotted your old thread (2010) on morethanaclub.dk... and the youtube link to the Bucarest game... first time I have seen the goals

Yes, I am an old collector, I started with video highlights then one guy sent me a programme from the exact 1992-93 season (from the next round's bitter loss against Antwerp) and then the road from collecting programmes quickly started involving collecting the match tickets.

So far from the AGF match I have been able to find only highlights (from the two matches) and the programme from Denmark. Since I am searching for the ticket from Denmark and the full matches. By the way, I was in Aarhus last year at the SPOT Music festival and loved it, what a great city!

You had an absolutely miserable second leg, we were very lucky to qualify back in 1992!
Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 22:57 - Feb 3 with 2445 viewsLoyal

Has Mumfords Mrs had a baby boy ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 23:17 - Feb 3 with 2429 viewslancasterswan

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 17:44 - Feb 3 by mingul

Yes, with a late goal by Neaga if my research shows well. You wouldn't happen to still have the ticket stub (if you are not a collector), would you?

Regards and thanks so much for the reply,

Vlad

Hard to believe John van Zweden couldn't get you a copy of a stub from his museum :)
Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 23:27 - Feb 3 with 2405 viewsLoyal

Hello Vlad, What's the price of a good woman of a decent weight round your parts ?
I'm looking at a European tour of cities with decent cloutage, the best so far is 8 euros for a minor BJ ( I'm thinking this is more of a lick than a full blown fallation ) but it's a starting point.

I will be accompanied by my good friend Victor on this tour who is in the Guinness book of records for pineapple insertion, a lovely guy who came out five years ago in 'Fruitys' veg shop in town. If your of that persuasion Vlad I reckon ( bet ) Victor could get you a stub for a decent return. Let me know, and the very best to you in your search for a ticket stub.

I bet the nights fcking fly by in your house 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 17:44 - Feb 4 with 2178 viewsmingul

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 23:27 - Feb 3 by Loyal

Hello Vlad, What's the price of a good woman of a decent weight round your parts ?
I'm looking at a European tour of cities with decent cloutage, the best so far is 8 euros for a minor BJ ( I'm thinking this is more of a lick than a full blown fallation ) but it's a starting point.

I will be accompanied by my good friend Victor on this tour who is in the Guinness book of records for pineapple insertion, a lovely guy who came out five years ago in 'Fruitys' veg shop in town. If your of that persuasion Vlad I reckon ( bet ) Victor could get you a stub for a decent return. Let me know, and the very best to you in your search for a ticket stub.

I bet the nights fcking fly by in your house 👍

Poor troll attempt :)
Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 18:21 - Feb 4 with 2170 viewsDafyddHuw

Swansea vs. Steaua Bucharest (2002) - Friendly - Returning Post on 16:51 - Feb 3 by Landore_Jack

Swansea City 0-1 Steaua Bucharest

Match details:
Swansea City: Freestone, Jenkins, D Smith (Howard, 54), O'Leary, J Smith (Mumford, 88), Theobald, Mumford (Phillips, 58), Murphy, Thomas (Watkin, 60), Reid (Cusack, 75), Wood (Williams, 60) Subs (not used): Cole

Steaua Bucharest: Nae, Dumitru, Miu (Mutica, 78), Ghionea (Piturca, 73), Radoi (Mieila, 24), Panc (Stoica, 64), Bostina (Ngassam, 80), Raducana (Oprita, 56), Ogararu (Trica, 52), Paraschiv (Neaga, 65), Lita (Aliuta, 59) Subs (not used): Lung, Bordeanu, Roland

Referee: Simon Jones;
Attendance: 2,576
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 16:52]

How can Mumford play twice?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024