Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Season's TV Deal 21:16 - Feb 3 with 4519 viewsbonymine

Watching a stream of Everton v Geordies the commentator just said that to put next year's mega TV deal into context, the team which finishes bottom of PL will receive £99 million PLUS £64 million in parachute payments......

......Bayern Munich received £54 million for winning the Bundesliga !!!

Crazy,crazy money .....we want some of that please.

🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Next Season's TV Deal on 21:28 - Feb 3 with 3556 viewsChief

And Bayern will still do better in the champions league than any English side. Crazy

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Next Season's TV Deal on 21:33 - Feb 3 with 3518 viewsSwanzay

Its wrong wrong wrong, the only people to benefit from it will be the players with thier higher wage demand and agents, nothing will trickle down to the lower leagues, the premier league will become one big utopia of money men in for making money without a passion or love for the game and its heritage or its ground roots future of young kids with aspirations and dreams.

The german model is far more genuine than ours, it will end in disater in years to come!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 21:34]
Next Season's TV Deal on 21:37 - Feb 3 with 3467 viewsAyewSerious

Its a meaningless figure and totally pointless, bordering in criminal.

It may as well be a gazillion up front and a gazillion parachute payments, the club still wont see any of it in reality.
Next Season's TV Deal on 21:52 - Feb 3 with 3334 viewsfelixstowe_jack

At least the TAX man will rub his hands 45% of the players wages.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Next Season's TV Deal on 21:57 - Feb 3 with 3291 viewsSwanzay

Next Season's TV Deal on 21:52 - Feb 3 by felixstowe_jack

At least the TAX man will rub his hands 45% of the players wages.

Yes like he does with google and amazon.....
Next Season's TV Deal on 21:58 - Feb 3 with 3278 viewsDyfnant

'We want some of that please' indeed we do, if we stay up then all ticket prices need to reduce

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Next Season's TV Deal on 22:02 - Feb 3 with 3239 viewsNookiejack

Dont forget the taxman also charges Employer's NI. I think it is currently about 13.8% of players wages?

Looks like it cost us £9.6m in last years accounts - which is quite a remarkable figure.
Next Season's TV Deal on 22:14 - Feb 3 with 3130 viewsjamieswan78

A player earning 2 million per year pays 46% in tax and NI and then the employer pays another 14% on top.
Login to get fewer ads

Next Season's TV Deal on 10:52 - Feb 4 with 2709 viewsPrivate_Partz

Next Season's TV Deal on 21:33 - Feb 3 by Swanzay

Its wrong wrong wrong, the only people to benefit from it will be the players with thier higher wage demand and agents, nothing will trickle down to the lower leagues, the premier league will become one big utopia of money men in for making money without a passion or love for the game and its heritage or its ground roots future of young kids with aspirations and dreams.

The german model is far more genuine than ours, it will end in disater in years to come!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2016 21:34]

Spot on and its a massive dilemma for me. The wages are obscene but I don't want us to lose our status as it brings so much prestige and investment to the area plus it pi$$es off lots of people in the Cardiff media and government.
If the bubble bursts I hope we are in the best position to ride out the storm.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 11:09]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Next Season's TV Deal on 11:05 - Feb 4 with 2679 viewstomdickharry

Stay up this season and we should benefit from the huge increase in TV money provided we invest wisely. The bubble will not burst as there is so much interest in PL football all over the world that the TV money could continue to increase,the foundation of Sky is PL football without it they would disappear.
Next Season's TV Deal on 11:27 - Feb 4 with 2629 viewsSkipTheJack

It doesn't matter how high the TV revenue gets, the intense competition between clubs will always ensure that players' wages swallow it all up.

It would be much better for football in this country if the TV revenue was at least 80% lower. That would be enough to invest in facilities without alienating fans, encouraging clubs to go deep into debt, and creating an appallingly unhealthy gap in finance between the top two divisions.

Parachute payments are another thing that should never have been introduced. If the drop in income is too great for any club to survive relegation then the Premier League should have dramatically increased the cash flowing down to ALL Championship clubs.

The Premier League stinks!
Next Season's TV Deal on 11:54 - Feb 4 with 2582 viewssully49

I've always called it obcene but this much money is far worse than id'e ever believed.
Surly the FA could make every kind of effort and speak to Sky and have 1, 2 or as little as 3% to use in the grass roots, which is probably mean the 3rd and 4th divisions in real terms.
As far as our share of that obcene money, top of the list must be increasing the seating in the stadium, this we pay back the capital fairly quickly, speculate to accumulate.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Next Season's TV Deal on 12:01 - Feb 4 with 2567 viewsDyfnant

Next Season's TV Deal on 11:54 - Feb 4 by sully49

I've always called it obcene but this much money is far worse than id'e ever believed.
Surly the FA could make every kind of effort and speak to Sky and have 1, 2 or as little as 3% to use in the grass roots, which is probably mean the 3rd and 4th divisions in real terms.
As far as our share of that obcene money, top of the list must be increasing the seating in the stadium, this we pay back the capital fairly quickly, speculate to accumulate.

The clubs should be obliged to spend a certain % on youth development. No point for South Wales in a percentage going into a central pot for idiots like the FA to distribute.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Next Season's TV Deal on 12:03 - Feb 4 with 2557 viewsacejack3065

The Premier League bubble will burst one day, guaranteed. On that day we can expect to see a dramatic shift in the footballing order.

The best thing the club can do to protect ourselves from the worst of it is to ensure that we are living within our means. In the meantime, we need to use this money to invest in the future of the football club. That's why having a top notch academy is vital. When the money runs out for transfers we will be in a better position to replace players from within the club. Southampton have been pretty remarkable at it.

If the worst comes to the worst and we had to survive on academy prospects like Portsmouth have had to, we will have a good pool of talented youngsters to draw from. That's something we didn't have five years ago.
Next Season's TV Deal on 12:08 - Feb 4 with 2548 viewsNookiejack

Next Season's TV Deal on 12:03 - Feb 4 by acejack3065

The Premier League bubble will burst one day, guaranteed. On that day we can expect to see a dramatic shift in the footballing order.

The best thing the club can do to protect ourselves from the worst of it is to ensure that we are living within our means. In the meantime, we need to use this money to invest in the future of the football club. That's why having a top notch academy is vital. When the money runs out for transfers we will be in a better position to replace players from within the club. Southampton have been pretty remarkable at it.

If the worst comes to the worst and we had to survive on academy prospects like Portsmouth have had to, we will have a good pool of talented youngsters to draw from. That's something we didn't have five years ago.

The thing is the Premier League is a Global league.

Each squad has say 25 players and there are 20 teams = 500 players in total.

So low probability that you are going to find 25 players in the Swansea area of sufficient talent and quality - to compete at this Global level.
Next Season's TV Deal on 12:16 - Feb 4 with 2521 viewsacejack3065

Next Season's TV Deal on 12:08 - Feb 4 by Nookiejack

So low probability that you are going to find 25 players in the Swansea area of sufficient talent and quality - to compete at this Global level.

I was talking about IF the Premier League money bubble goes burst.

If that happens we might not be in a position where we are looking to compete but just survive financially. If the TV money stopped rolling in we would be up sh*t creek without a paddle or a chequebook. That's a fact.

If that day came then we would have little to no money to pay out big wages or bring players in on big transfers. We'd be wheeling and dealing, and most likely relying on our academy.
Next Season's TV Deal on 12:22 - Feb 4 with 2501 viewstomdickharry

Next Season's TV Deal on 12:16 - Feb 4 by acejack3065

I was talking about IF the Premier League money bubble goes burst.

If that happens we might not be in a position where we are looking to compete but just survive financially. If the TV money stopped rolling in we would be up sh*t creek without a paddle or a chequebook. That's a fact.

If that day came then we would have little to no money to pay out big wages or bring players in on big transfers. We'd be wheeling and dealing, and most likely relying on our academy.

Get the feeling from this thread that everybody would be happy if the bubble bust.
Next Season's TV Deal on 13:23 - Feb 4 with 2421 viewsMattG

OK, here's a thought.

Players want to play in the PL. However, there are only 20 PL teams so, to an extent, supply exceeds demand.

Would we seriously damage our chances of signing players if we were to pitch our wages at maybe 10% below the "market rate"? Where we are in direct competition for a player, I can see that might make a difference but I'm not sure that, in reality rather than just in the media, that situation genuinely arises all that often.

Another way for Swansea to do things differently, perhaps?
Next Season's TV Deal on 14:40 - Feb 4 with 2347 viewsacejack3065

Next Season's TV Deal on 12:22 - Feb 4 by tomdickharry

Get the feeling from this thread that everybody would be happy if the bubble bust.

It would be an absolute disaster for us if it happened. We'd lose our single biggest source of income.
Next Season's TV Deal on 21:32 - Feb 4 with 2191 viewsSwaneeRiver

Next Season's TV Deal on 11:27 - Feb 4 by SkipTheJack

It doesn't matter how high the TV revenue gets, the intense competition between clubs will always ensure that players' wages swallow it all up.

It would be much better for football in this country if the TV revenue was at least 80% lower. That would be enough to invest in facilities without alienating fans, encouraging clubs to go deep into debt, and creating an appallingly unhealthy gap in finance between the top two divisions.

Parachute payments are another thing that should never have been introduced. If the drop in income is too great for any club to survive relegation then the Premier League should have dramatically increased the cash flowing down to ALL Championship clubs.

The Premier League stinks!

Clubs going into debt is not a phenomenon of the PL age.
I seem to remember a certain club rising to the top around 1981, only to capitulate in a mountain of debt a few years later, and almost go out of business.
Who was that now - oh yes Swansea City !
We (and many other clubs) are far better off than back in the days when players and managers had to doth their caps to a chairman who ran the club with welded purses
Next Season's TV Deal on 22:10 - Feb 4 with 2130 viewsAngelRangelQS

Next Season's TV Deal on 12:03 - Feb 4 by acejack3065

Southamptons academy has taken years of work. They were a very much respected academy even going back 15 years, maybe more. We lost the head of our youth set up there I'm guessing in the early 90's along with a few young players who i don't think amounted to very much.

All this academy stuff is all very well and good but we also need to be seen to be giving our young players a chance and coming here being a positive move. I'm sure then we'll start attracting players from all over.... For all the money spent so far, the opportunities given to our youngsters hasn't added up to very much so far has it?
Next Season's TV Deal on 22:17 - Feb 4 with 2116 viewsClinton

Next Season's TV Deal on 12:08 - Feb 4 by Nookiejack

I just wonder if we might be able to bring on the core of a decent side, say 5 or 6.;if we do it properly.
Having said that, I reckon that Swansea's academy facilities will probably benefit the National team in future. If we bring on a lot of decent youngsters, they will probably have to go further afield to get first team football. Some will develop into internationals at other clubs.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Next Season's TV Deal on 22:20 - Feb 4 with 2103 viewsDarran

Next Season's TV Deal on 22:10 - Feb 4 by AngelRangelQS

Southamptons academy has taken years of work. They were a very much respected academy even going back 15 years, maybe more. We lost the head of our youth set up there I'm guessing in the early 90's along with a few young players who i don't think amounted to very much.

All this academy stuff is all very well and good but we also need to be seen to be giving our young players a chance and coming here being a positive move. I'm sure then we'll start attracting players from all over.... For all the money spent so far, the opportunities given to our youngsters hasn't added up to very much so far has it?

I think we lost him the year we win the league under Hollins which would make it 99.

Just saying.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Next Season's TV Deal on 22:32 - Feb 4 with 2086 viewsAngelRangelQS

Next Season's TV Deal on 22:20 - Feb 4 by Darran

I think we lost him the year we win the league under Hollins which would make it 99.

Just saying.

You're right. I meant to say early 00s, late 90s.
Next Season's TV Deal on 22:36 - Feb 4 with 2073 viewsDarran

Next Season's TV Deal on 22:32 - Feb 4 by AngelRangelQS

You're right. I meant to say early 00s, late 90s.

In 99 a fella called Wayne took over from him cant remember his last name and then in 2000 Paul Compton had the job.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024