Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We were doing better under Curtis 18:10 - Feb 13 with 2198 viewsskacrazy

Performances were much better.

If I'm totally honest and go with my head, if we perform for the rest of the season like we did today then we might as well face it we will be going down. That performance today was back to the levels when Monk was sacked with an entertainment value of zero.
We were doing better under Curtis on 18:14 - Feb 13 with 2179 viewsjackjackjackjack

Well, that honeymoon didn't last long.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

We were doing better under Curtis on 18:15 - Feb 13 with 2165 viewsPhil_S

Under Curtis the players had something to prove to save their places under a new manager

New manager is now here and therefore place is secured again

Effort goes down as a result
We were doing better under Curtis on 18:19 - Feb 13 with 2124 viewsskacrazy

Don't get me wrong. I am behind the manager. I hope he turns it around and is with us next season.

It's the players that are p@ssing me off because we all know they can do better.
We were doing better under Curtis on 18:27 - Feb 13 with 2054 viewsjojaca

We were doing better under Curtis on 18:19 - Feb 13 by skacrazy

Don't get me wrong. I am behind the manager. I hope he turns it around and is with us next season.

It's the players that are p@ssing me off because we all know they can do better.

This game could be the turning point for our manager to make all sorts of changes to personal and tactics. We still playing the same way Curtis had us playing. The new manager did say when he first took over he did not want to make many changes, but after today's game I think we will see bigger changes for better or worse.

Even when you know, you never know?

We were doing better under Curtis on 18:28 - Feb 13 with 2051 views3swan

We were doing better under Curtis on 18:19 - Feb 13 by skacrazy

I'm not sure we can anymore.

I posted about a week ago that we have always been strong because the sum of the parts became a strong unit.

That balance has now gone, we look lopsided and lack invention
We were doing better under Curtis on 19:30 - Feb 13 with 1850 viewsjackedup

Too much scoreboard-based comments today. The performance was actually not as bad as people make it seem. S'ton hasn't conceded a goal in over nine hours of play, so it was always going to be difficult to score.

The biggest problem this season is the woeful level of conditioning that most of the players have. Conceding so many goals after the hour mark is a tell-tale sign of that.

Guidolin cannot just snap his fingers and improve this aspect. This is down to Monk and his staff, who didn't possess anywhere near the level of qualification and expertise needed to get the players fit enough to succeed at this level.

I'm sure that Guidolin has noticed it too, and fortunately I can see gradual improvements. Unfortunately, when the team is playing its familiar tiki-taka style which is more physically taxing than the Monk approach, there is always the risk of conceding late until the fitness level drastically improves.
We were doing better under Curtis on 19:34 - Feb 13 with 1812 viewsmonmouth

We were doing better under Curtis on 19:30 - Feb 13 by jackedup

Too much scoreboard-based comments today. The performance was actually not as bad as people make it seem. S'ton hasn't conceded a goal in over nine hours of play, so it was always going to be difficult to score.

The biggest problem this season is the woeful level of conditioning that most of the players have. Conceding so many goals after the hour mark is a tell-tale sign of that.

Guidolin cannot just snap his fingers and improve this aspect. This is down to Monk and his staff, who didn't possess anywhere near the level of qualification and expertise needed to get the players fit enough to succeed at this level.

I'm sure that Guidolin has noticed it too, and fortunately I can see gradual improvements. Unfortunately, when the team is playing its familiar tiki-taka style which is more physically taxing than the Monk approach, there is always the risk of conceding late until the fitness level drastically improves.

Bollocks. I'm one of the more positive coves. It was shit. Total, utter, complete shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We were doing better under Curtis on 19:35 - Feb 13 with 1796 viewslondonlisa2001

We were doing better under Curtis on 19:30 - Feb 13 by jackedup

Southampton barely broke sweat to beat us.

You had the sense they could up gears at any point. My anger has little to do with performance levels (as bad though we were) - everything to do with the players' attitudes which were awful. Talk about a bunch of players that believe they are too good to go down.
Login to get fewer ads

We were doing better under Curtis on 19:41 - Feb 13 with 1758 viewsjackedup

Yes, but when you compare the early stages of the Guidolin reign with the Monk era, you can see some very noticeable things.

Swansea are no longer content to just allow their opponents to pass the ball around and get into their passing rhythm. It seems that they usually win the ball back in under 5 seconds. This characteristic is something that you can see with Pochettino's and Hiddink's sides, and in the long run, it will pay dividends.

The major problem now is the conditioning level. It takes much time and work to significantly improve one's level of conditioning, and unfortunately, by the time they attain much better fitness, the season may be nearly over.

But I think Guidolin and crew will plan a very different pre-season conditioning program for next season.
We were doing better under Curtis on 19:51 - Feb 13 with 1710 viewsbarry_island

I think Guidolin and crew might be conditioning a number of new faces next season wherever we end up.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

We were doing better under Curtis on 19:58 - Feb 13 with 1674 viewsjackedup

We were doing better under Curtis on 19:51 - Feb 13 by barry_island

I think Guidolin and crew might be conditioning a number of new faces next season wherever we end up.

Based on Guidolin's history with small sides, it seems he will first look to make the players he currently has perform better. But I think there will definitely be a new fullback or two next season.

Based on his post-match comments since the Everton match, he can clearly that's Swansea's major weakness is the lack of conditioning. He said that Swansea were very good for 60 minutes against Everton, but as you recall, they were forced to park the bus for the last half hour. Last week, he pointed out that his team's fitness was better than in previous games.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 19:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024