Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. 21:59 - Feb 13 with 4766 viewsLoyal

That's how I see it.
Today was confirmation.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 22:01 - Feb 13 with 3208 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sums it up for me
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 22:07 - Feb 13 with 3177 viewsmorningstar

Just imagine your lying in bed struggling to get to sleep when all of a sudden the Nolan Sisters walk into your bedroom dressed in white laced top stockings and suspenders. Now sleep well my son, bless you.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 22:18 - Feb 13 with 3110 viewsLoyal

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 22:07 - Feb 13 by morningstar

Just imagine your lying in bed struggling to get to sleep when all of a sudden the Nolan Sisters walk into your bedroom dressed in white laced top stockings and suspenders. Now sleep well my son, bless you.

I'm going back in the garden to watch the neighbours.
Cheers mate, I was hoping for an early night !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 22:33 - Feb 13 with 3047 viewswestside

why wait until 86 minutes before we start showing any urgency ?
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 23:11 - Feb 13 with 2958 viewsDavillin

I must have been watching a different game!

I saw desire, intelligence, pace, and bottle for 90 minutes -- from the Swans in case someone wants to get cute.

I will not blame anyone, but I saw the goal coming when Cork was stranded alone between two big strikers. Williams had his area covered, but I don't know where Fernandez was -- perhaps covering another opponent out of camera.

I seems to me that Cork saw it, too, and covered back but couldn't take on two strikers at the same time.

All that said, Southampton played well enough to take advantage of the rub of the green and win a hard-fought game.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 23:15 - Feb 13 with 2932 viewsLeonisGod

Disagree. That was always going to be tough.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 06:05 - Feb 14 with 2779 viewsJethroJack

What a load of old bollox.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 06:27 - Feb 14 with 2756 viewsLoyal

Sample the goals scored today by the likes of Stoke, incisive passing, taking players on, good crosses and goals. Anyone who thinks this standard we are at is acceptable yesterday has more than bollox to talk about,

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 07:29 - Feb 14 with 2724 viewsLord_Bony

We are not an aggressive team. That's what worries me with these big games coming up is we are missing a cohesive fighting spirit especially in the midfield.

We ve got to be strong over the next few weeks and really want this,if the fighting spirit is not there,certainly wasn't yesterday,then who knows where it will take us.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 08:04 - Feb 14 with 2678 views50pencehead

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 07:29 - Feb 14 by Lord_Bony

We are not an aggressive team. That's what worries me with these big games coming up is we are missing a cohesive fighting spirit especially in the midfield.

We ve got to be strong over the next few weeks and really want this,if the fighting spirit is not there,certainly wasn't yesterday,then who knows where it will take us.

How anyone watching yesterday can say we played well or are up for the fight amazes me. Ayew is a passenger when played wide, we have shoehorned him into the team for too long either play him up front or not at all. Cork is too ponderous on the ball, time and time again he takes 3 touches when 1 will do, he has a touch of the Shaun Chappells about him. Alberto looks like an £8m Bauza and Taylor.....don't get me started on this clown, can't defend, can't attack, it shows how bad Frankie Tabs must have been if he couldn't get in our team instead of him, he is stealing a living as probably the worst full back in the PL.

Apart from that all is rosy, enjoy Valentine's Day people, 💋

Feet like a Toblerone

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 08:11 - Feb 14 with 2665 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 23:11 - Feb 13 by Davillin

I saw desire, intelligence, pace, and bottle for 90 minutes -- from the Swans in case someone wants to get cute.

I will not blame anyone, but I saw the goal coming when Cork was stranded alone between two big strikers. Williams had his area covered, but I don't know where Fernandez was -- perhaps covering another opponent out of camera.

I seems to me that Cork saw it, too, and covered back but couldn't take on two strikers at the same time.

All that said, Southampton played well enough to take advantage of the rub of the green and win a hard-fought game.

Good summary Dav - fits with my view from the East stand too, a few random observations :-

1. Cork was good, one of his best games for me.
2. Fede, for a big guy, is too easily brushed off the ball & seems to have a poor ability to recognise danger - lost Long twice for free headers & got owned by Pelle in the 1st half.
3. Tayls & Ayew on the left looked like strangers, to be fair to Tayls it looked more Ayew's fault than his.
4. Paloschi runs about & chases/closes down ok but we seem to have no clue on how to use his strengths.
5. Siggy works a decent shift!
6. At home Leon + Cork is too defensive a set-up in a winnable game.
7. When Ash missed that header from a Siggy free kick in the second half he 'went missing' for a while - did recover it at the end but for 10/15mins he was in his own head!

In summary my feeling all game was we had been set-up to stop Southampton & hope to nick something - my only crumb of comfort on that thought was Guidolin's very clear disappointment post match so maybe that wasn't his plan.

Assuming Villa don't beat LFC today the loss wasn't too damaging but does ramp up the pressure on the Norwich/B'mouth/Villa matches (particularly if we lose twice in North London).
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 08:29 - Feb 14 with 2619 viewsAndy1300

We were awful today, no fight or desire to get out of the position we are in.
3 out of the 4 games in March are winnable, if we don't get anything from those then we deserve to go down

Number 1 team in Wales

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 09:19 - Feb 14 with 2488 viewsnavyjack

Unfortunately the away fans had it spot on when, in the 36th minute Leon scuffed a weak shot well wide,and they chanted "thats why your going down"... Oh, and hopefully a two week break will help the boys to practice throw-ins. I mean,how frustrating is it to see Neil Taylor looking for someone to throw the ball to?.every game. Excruciating.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 09:23 - Feb 14 with 2470 viewsjasper_T

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 09:19 - Feb 14 by navyjack

Unfortunately the away fans had it spot on when, in the 36th minute Leon scuffed a weak shot well wide,and they chanted "thats why your going down"... Oh, and hopefully a two week break will help the boys to practice throw-ins. I mean,how frustrating is it to see Neil Taylor looking for someone to throw the ball to?.every game. Excruciating.

No one wants it from a throw in, it's crazy. There should be at least two players buzzing about ready to play a simple touch back to the thrower like 99% of other professional teams do.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 09:58 - Feb 14 with 2397 viewsJonTheJack

We could play Southampton another 5 times in a row and the result would be identical. They have the ability to keep us at arm's length.

We are total garb in the air; it's alarming.

We would be totally fine and out of the woods by now if we just increased our tempo. It's the most frustrating aspect for me. We break away (yesterday we had 0 pace anywhere on the pitch) but we ALWAYS slow down once we get to within 10 yards of the box and then fart about for a bit before giving it to either Rangel or Null Taylor who will run out of options and put a pathetic cross in to a bunch of players who couldn't win a header if their lives depended on it.

I wish I could put money on how our phase of play will play out; I'd be f**king minted.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 11:05 - Feb 14 with 2296 viewsBLAZE

The throw in situation is comical. It's regularly joked that we're so inept at taking corners that they often end up as an attacking opportunity for the opponents.... Well that's even happening with our throw ins now too!! Painful stuff.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 14:48 - Feb 14 with 2158 viewscostalotta

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 23:11 - Feb 13 by Davillin

We didn't set the world alight fr sure... But you make good points. We were not that bad, we look nervous and as if we were playing for a nil nil or similar. It just didn't work out that way. I'm still confident we will beat the teams around us, which is what we need to do.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:03 - Feb 14 with 2132 viewsStarsky

the manager wasn't happy with our performance.
I've said on here since Curtis took over that we don't look like a relegation side.
This game, for me, we did.

It's just the internet, init.

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:10 - Feb 14 with 2108 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:03 - Feb 14 by Starsky

I've said on here since Curtis took over that we don't look like a relegation side.

Totally agree with you. I thought we did as well.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:13 - Feb 14 with 2102 viewsAngelRangelQS

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:10 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

Totally agree with you. I thought we did as well.

We looked like an average championship side to me. Which is what we'll be next season
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:17 - Feb 14 with 2087 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:13 - Feb 14 by AngelRangelQS

We looked like an average championship side to me. Which is what we'll be next season

Whatever happens hardly any of this team will be playing with us as first choice next year so it's difficult to tell how we'll be. Have long believed and said though, that it's far easier to stay in this division than to get into it. If we do go down, and let's pray we don't, we won't come back up for a while in my view.

How anyone can say that they saw desire, pace, intelligence etc for 90 minutes from us is utterly beyond my comprehension. We had none of those things, not one.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:19 - Feb 14 with 2083 viewsAngelRangelQS

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:17 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

Whatever happens hardly any of this team will be playing with us as first choice next year so it's difficult to tell how we'll be. Have long believed and said though, that it's far easier to stay in this division than to get into it. If we do go down, and let's pray we don't, we won't come back up for a while in my view.

How anyone can say that they saw desire, pace, intelligence etc for 90 minutes from us is utterly beyond my comprehension. We had none of those things, not one.

You must have left before the very end then because there was plenty of urgency in skulking off at the end, one or two aside
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:33 - Feb 14 with 2066 viewsdailew

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:03 - Feb 14 by Starsky

First time this season I don't feel confident we'll stay up.

Effort wasn't quite up to recent games.

Not even sure there's enough quality there. We've been very lucky with injuries as well this season.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:41 - Feb 14 with 2039 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:19 - Feb 14 by AngelRangelQS

You must have left before the very end then because there was plenty of urgency in skulking off at the end, one or two aside

Ironically I wasn't there - I had a work thing yesterday morning so couldn't get to Swansea on time and gave my ticket to my cousin. The stream didn't show them leaving the pitch but cut to the usual highlights (of which there were none) and stats.
Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 18:14 - Feb 14 with 1934 viewsSwaneeRiver

Swansea just haven't got the desire, intelligence pace or bottle for the fight. on 15:19 - Feb 14 by AngelRangelQS

Like a good proportion of fans who skulked off around the hour mark or not long after.
We cry out for a 30k seater stadium and yet some would rather go and watch Wales playing rugby.
No wonder the Saints fans were taking the p**s out of us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024