Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JPT 10:39 - Mar 20 with 2422 viewsColDale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/19/premier-league-in-negotiations-fo

Just seems a bit pointless to me. I usually regard the JPT as an unnecessary distraction at the best of times but it's another round and it'll be hard pushed to show that it'll be taken seriously. Barnsley v Oxford would certainly have more appeal that Barnsley v Southampton U21.

Also think its something of a slippery slope to a widely marketed U21 league. Read something last week about the PL being in talks to selling TV deals for such a league which will undoubtedly hit the FL's TV deal.
JPT on 11:16 - Mar 20 with 2335 viewszxcvbnm

Not really a fan of the jpt. This idea damages the credibility of the competition though. Hopefully kicked into touch

Poll: Best loanee keeper

JPT on 12:05 - Mar 20 with 2245 viewsAtThePeake

It's the only cup final we'll ever get a chance of playing in.

I really have no idea why the club/fans don't take it more seriously.

Tangled up in blue.

JPT on 12:12 - Mar 20 with 2224 viewsrobbowood

An utter farce if it comes about

The sooner the PL bring back the equivalents of the old Central League (north west and midlands) and Football Combination (south of england) the better. These were the competions for the top two divisions reserve teams and they played on Saturday afternoons and on the main grounds when the first team was away. Only then will PL under-21 players get some proper competitive football and playing in the JPT will be virtually meaningless

For those Dale fans not old to remember our Reserve team, who weren't strong enough to play in the Central League (against Utd, City, BWFC, Villa etc) played against e.g. Bolton A and/or Bolton B in what I think was called the Lancs League in which there were two divisions
JPT on 12:16 - Mar 20 with 2211 viewsroccydaleian

JPT on 12:05 - Mar 20 by AtThePeake

It's the only cup final we'll ever get a chance of playing in.

I really have no idea why the club/fans don't take it more seriously.

But what do you think of the U21 thing? It's a big no thanks from me.
JPT on 12:19 - Mar 20 with 2196 views1mark1

The PL should be sending their young players to play in League 1 and 2, get far better experience .

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

JPT on 13:14 - Mar 20 with 2104 viewsAtThePeake

JPT on 12:16 - Mar 20 by roccydaleian

But what do you think of the U21 thing? It's a big no thanks from me.

Agreed. It would make a mockery of a competition that is already treated with contempt.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024