Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... 10:48 - Apr 19 with 8248 viewsjustanillusion

........the club adorn the website with adverts enticing the towns students to turn up at Spotland tonight and pay £1 to cheer their team on, the club appearing to be in touch with this core group of potential fans recognising their limited budgets sixth formers and apprentices survive on, and then in yesterdays Season Ticket news tell the same fans "If you want more you can have it but cough up prices of £296, £259, £222" deluded pricing for young people on no doubt min wage and meagre part time hours of work!

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/student-night-watch-dale-for-just-1-30
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 10:26 - Apr 20 with 1631 viewslurker

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 10:22 - Apr 20 by dingdangblue

I hope you are going to pay back the admin fee they forgot to charge you for your free ticket this season!!
Its a great deal for me because my son has turned 8 last week - but like you said Why advertise it as FREE? £10 for the season is a cracking price - but don't dress it up as something that it isn't.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 10:27]

I only have a credit card so I'll be ok
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 11:17 - Apr 20 with 1558 viewsnordenblue

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 10:18 - Apr 20 by lurker

Then advertise it as such, instead of saying it is free!

It cost 0p per game for a kid 7 or under with a season ticket to get in last year. Decent price freeze that!
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 10:19]

However they dress it up or play with words the amount it equates to per game is still ridiculously cheap,if they'd said from the start season tickets for 10 pound per child people would be skipping through hoops about it now.

They've now upped the age bracket so we can't really complain too much about that either,you wouldn't moan if your kid was older and now fell into the "free" group?

There's always an option in all of this,I think personally the price for all adults is far too dear so pick and choose which games I go over a season.
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 12:12 - Apr 20 with 1501 viewsrobbowood

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 15:30 - Apr 19 by justanillusion

"Like it or not the club has to be run on business lines with as much money as possible being given to the manager to give us every chance of success on the pitch. I would all our season tickets to be £100 cheaper but not at the expense of the club being £100,000 plus worse off for the coming season before a ball has been kicked"

Robbowood your business acumen is short sighted to say the least!

By making the price as stupid as they have for the 16 -21 age group the growth of this core section of fans is damaged beyond repair.
The mantra of football clubs is to wean supporters into the ritual of attending matches whilst young then you hopefully have them for life, our club wants to attract them to Spotland aged under 11 keep them until 16, then with deluded pricing scare em off and hope they return when they are earning a decent butty ....no continuity.......Oldham student tickets £160, Bury U23's £150....proper clubs them when it comes to retaining and growing your young fan base!

I humbly bow to your superiority over me when it comes to business accumen!!
The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 12:28 - Apr 20 with 1474 viewsrobbowood

The hypocrisy angers me Re: Student night tonight... on 15:01 - Apr 19 by roccydaleian

You're missing the point, as has the club. We don't know how much worse of the club would be because they've not tried anything different while having a great opportunity to, who knows if we'd be worse of anyhow, it could have been a great success offering season tickets at a heavy discount. I guess we'll never know now.

I agree the dilema of any football club is knowing how to price the cost of season tickets for various age groups (and match day prices) without losing income. The club obviously felt it could not take a risk by selling season tickets as heavily discounted prices otherwise they surely would have done

To quote Donald Rumsfeld "The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024