Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will 13:34 - May 9 with 3398 viewsdalestats

Lancashire or Lillis sign?

Lancashire I'd imagine has been offered a reduced deal.
Lillis dropped by hill on more than one occasion
[Post edited 9 May 2016 13:41]

Poll: Remain in the eu

Will on 13:58 - May 9 with 3318 viewsRibbleblue

Really hope Josh signs
Will on 14:06 - May 9 with 3284 viewsolympicdale

Lillis signing, is most likely predicated on him being assured a first team spot by Hill. Bringing in Castro Pereira was one of the strangest transfer decisions ever made by Hill, and one that didn't give Lillis a lot of confidence from the manager, I'd like to see him stay as he is a top keeper at this level, but it's up in the air right now.

Life is a game of fate.

Will on 14:30 - May 9 with 3221 viewsFrog

Calvin has signed
Will on 16:41 - May 9 with 3037 viewsD_Dale

Will on 14:06 - May 9 by olympicdale

Lillis signing, is most likely predicated on him being assured a first team spot by Hill. Bringing in Castro Pereira was one of the strangest transfer decisions ever made by Hill, and one that didn't give Lillis a lot of confidence from the manager, I'd like to see him stay as he is a top keeper at this level, but it's up in the air right now.

Wouldn't surprise me if Lillis's agent isn't making a few phone calls to let clubs know that Josh is available. It would be a pity if he does leave. He's still only 28, young by goalkeeper standards, and first played for Dale, on loan, in 2009, then joining us in the summer of 2012.

But for those half dozen games when Pereira was brought in, Lillis would have made 200+ league and cup appearances for Dale. In the just ended season, he still made 40 league starts, second only to McNulty who had the full 46.

Incidentally, only four other players started more than 30 league matches:

Hendo, 36 (+3 as sub)
Allen 35 (+3)
Lancashire 34
McDermott 32 (+5)
Will on 22:42 - May 9 with 2687 viewssweetcorn

Fingers crossed ollie moves on to ventures new.. He's had his time at dale for me, doesn't look up to league one football and is regularly scapegoated when we lose a game with him on the pitch. It's a recipe for disaster..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Will on 09:23 - May 10 with 2472 viewsBarryStrange

Will on 22:42 - May 9 by sweetcorn

Fingers crossed ollie moves on to ventures new.. He's had his time at dale for me, doesn't look up to league one football and is regularly scapegoated when we lose a game with him on the pitch. It's a recipe for disaster..

I'd have Lillis at our place if he fancies crossing Heywood.
Will on 09:37 - May 10 with 2437 viewsdingdangblue

Will on 14:06 - May 9 by olympicdale

The only explanation I can think for the Pereira loan is maybe Hill trying to get some sort of link with Utd with a view of taking a player or 2 on season long loans next season? With the emergency loan being stopped players will have to commit to longer loan deals? It does seem strange as Lillis had just won player of the month when he was dropped. The only other theory is with Lillis being out of contract - maybe he'd been offered a deal but was stalling - and Hill got annoyed and dropped him? This could also explain Eastham's omission too? Hill has been known to have fallen out with Agents before.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Will on 09:45 - May 10 with 2420 viewsrochedale

Will on 09:37 - May 10 by dingdangblue

The only explanation I can think for the Pereira loan is maybe Hill trying to get some sort of link with Utd with a view of taking a player or 2 on season long loans next season? With the emergency loan being stopped players will have to commit to longer loan deals? It does seem strange as Lillis had just won player of the month when he was dropped. The only other theory is with Lillis being out of contract - maybe he'd been offered a deal but was stalling - and Hill got annoyed and dropped him? This could also explain Eastham's omission too? Hill has been known to have fallen out with Agents before.

Your first explanation seems most likely, and understandable to a certain extent.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Login to get fewer ads

Will on 09:53 - May 10 with 2407 viewsKenBoon

Will on 09:23 - May 10 by BarryStrange

I'd have Lillis at our place if he fancies crossing Heywood.

He does seem to have his best games against your lot. His last two performances at Gigg Lane have been some of the best i've seen from a keeper. Not sure what he'd think of sharing the Goalkeeping position with 8 others though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024