Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? 16:30 - May 24 with 8411 viewsdonkeylabour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-36371081

When Clegg and Cameron were getting slaughtered for something very similar, was that homophobic?

I mean really, to me it's a sign of how weak minded and precious we're becoming as a society that he has to apologise for this.

Modern feminists seem to want it all, equality but special treatment as well. Just say shut up you tw@ if it offends you and move on.

Faux outrage does my head in.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:19 - May 26 with 1818 viewsHighjack

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 01:29 - May 26 by Humpty

I feel your pain brother.

It's f*cking hard being a man these days.

Absolutely. I'm so gorgeous I can't even walk down the street without being wolf whistled at and getting my arse slapped by hoards of women. It's a living nightmare.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:20 - May 26 with 1824 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:13 - May 26 by blueytheblue

I'd doubt she really thought before she spoke tbh. Most Z list celebrities have the IQ of a deceased stoat.

I also suspect if someone referrred to her as "chocolate woman" she may have reacted to that.

Context, I suppose? If it was one of our boozed-up denizens of the East Stand doing it then it's more than likely; if it came from some good-looking black singer then probably not.

As things stand she clearly didn't mean to give offence, they certainly didn't appear to take any. What's the fuss about?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:22 - May 26 with 1814 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:19 - May 26 by Highjack

Absolutely. I'm so gorgeous I can't even walk down the street without being wolf whistled at and getting my arse slapped by hoards of women. It's a living nightmare.

I wondered what Nick Kamen was up to these days?

Hello there.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 16:11 - Jun 5 with 1687 viewsdonkeylabour

Ali's passing has made me think back to this topic again.

The wit and banter he had was tremendous, I don't know how he could survive in the modern era though because he could be very cruel as well and his experience with women was legendary.

For example his views on race and racial divides, that is pretty out there for todays very sensitive souls.

Look at our 'stars' now they're a joke, zilch personality. Zero rock stars in the true sense because it's hard in the modern World to be a character.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 16:26]

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:54 - Jun 5 with 1660 viewstrampie

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 16:11 - Jun 5 by donkeylabour

Ali's passing has made me think back to this topic again.

The wit and banter he had was tremendous, I don't know how he could survive in the modern era though because he could be very cruel as well and his experience with women was legendary.

For example his views on race and racial divides, that is pretty out there for todays very sensitive souls.

Look at our 'stars' now they're a joke, zilch personality. Zero rock stars in the true sense because it's hard in the modern World to be a character.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 16:26]

Imperialist countries are used to giving it but they cant take it when the joke is on them, they don't like being laughed at.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:56 - Jun 5 with 1659 viewsdonkeylabour

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:54 - Jun 5 by trampie

Imperialist countries are used to giving it but they cant take it when the joke is on them, they don't like being laughed at.

Here's another example, I totally agree with the sentiment because it's true..

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/sorry-but-racist-jokes-are-funny/

'bigotry. Not only is this untrue, it’s also counterproductive. By treating black and Asian people with kid gloves and lobbying on our behalf for innocuous jokes to be outlawed, they are making us special cases and differentiating us from the rest of society. '

Nail.Hit.Head
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 17:59]

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:05 - Jun 5 with 1645 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:56 - Jun 5 by donkeylabour

Here's another example, I totally agree with the sentiment because it's true..

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/sorry-but-racist-jokes-are-funny/

'bigotry. Not only is this untrue, it’s also counterproductive. By treating black and Asian people with kid gloves and lobbying on our behalf for innocuous jokes to be outlawed, they are making us special cases and differentiating us from the rest of society. '

Nail.Hit.Head
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 17:59]

Ooh you're so un-PC. How impressive. I bet you call a spade a spade as well. Hot stuff

Poll: Tory leader

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:26 - Jun 5 with 1631 viewstrampie

Donkeylabour if a stand up comedian makes a joke about Welsh, Irish, Scots he is likely to get away with it, one making a joke about the English and watch out as they seem far more likely to take offence, perhaps they are not used to it, Israeli's, crickey be prepared to be labelled, Americans seem to get very upset.

I watched an old episode of Dads Army only the other week on the box about the Yanks over in Blighty wartime, jokes [facts] about them being late for two World wars etc, I mentioned that on here [about being late for 2 world wars] and that Dav poster had a meltdown, mention of them not paying taxes and being terrorists to the crown [Boston tea party and fighting the Brits] and meltdown, anyway the joke at the end of that Dads Army episode went something like this, a Yank officer was told 'the only thing you charged in the war........was the interest on the money you lent us'. [the old ones are the best as they say]
Something I admit had always made me take notice is all the German surnames that lots of Americans seem to have, must have been noticed by the show makers also as the Americans name in the show was Schultz, some joke was made by the Brits about it being confusing over who's who etc. lol.

Love a bit of banter, me, but some people cant take it, they can say what they like about my background, where I come from, the people where I come from etc, but say some stereo types about certain groups, only certain groups mind you and watch out, I genuinely think its sad, but there you go.
If having a joke don't mention the English, Americans or Israeli's is my tip for others, me, do I care, do I ****
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 18:33]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:30 - Jun 5 with 1620 viewslondonlisa2001

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:26 - Jun 5 by trampie

Donkeylabour if a stand up comedian makes a joke about Welsh, Irish, Scots he is likely to get away with it, one making a joke about the English and watch out as they seem far more likely to take offence, perhaps they are not used to it, Israeli's, crickey be prepared to be labelled, Americans seem to get very upset.

I watched an old episode of Dads Army only the other week on the box about the Yanks over in Blighty wartime, jokes [facts] about them being late for two World wars etc, I mentioned that on here [about being late for 2 world wars] and that Dav poster had a meltdown, mention of them not paying taxes and being terrorists to the crown [Boston tea party and fighting the Brits] and meltdown, anyway the joke at the end of that Dads Army episode went something like this, a Yank officer was told 'the only thing you charged in the war........was the interest on the money you lent us'. [the old ones are the best as they say]
Something I admit had always made me take notice is all the German surnames that lots of Americans seem to have, must have been noticed by the show makers also as the Americans name in the show was Schultz, some joke was made by the Brits about it being confusing over who's who etc. lol.

Love a bit of banter, me, but some people cant take it, they can say what they like about my background, where I come from, the people where I come from etc, but say some stereo types about certain groups, only certain groups mind you and watch out, I genuinely think its sad, but there you go.
If having a joke don't mention the English, Americans or Israeli's is my tip for others, me, do I care, do I ****
[Post edited 5 Jun 2016 18:33]

You are as thick as mince fair play. And utterly unpleasant at the same time. A winning combination.
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:32 - Jun 5 with 1617 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:30 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

You are as thick as mince fair play. And utterly unpleasant at the same time. A winning combination.

I'd be interested in hearing his jokes about Israelis tbh. Never heard a joke about Israelis. Plenty about Jews mind.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:39 - Jun 5 with 1603 viewstrampie

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:30 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

Don't like Dads Army then do you Lisa ?

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:43 - Jun 5 with 1598 viewslondonlisa2001

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:39 - Jun 5 by trampie

Don't like Dads Army then do you Lisa ?

I find it very funny.
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:45 - Jun 5 with 1596 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:43 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

I find it very funny.

I was excellent at parodying the Little Englander attitudes, as Alf Garnett was at parodying racists. And indeed, Chris Morris at parodying anything.

I suspect those nuances flew over the head of somebody though.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:53 - Jun 5 with 1584 viewstrampie

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:43 - Jun 5 by londonlisa2001

I find it very funny.

The only thing they ever charged..............was interest. lol, classic.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 19:07 - Jun 5 with 1566 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:45 - Jun 5 by blueytheblue

I was excellent at parodying the Little Englander attitudes, as Alf Garnett was at parodying racists. And indeed, Chris Morris at parodying anything.

Early Alf Garnett was an excellently parody. Later series forgot the satire and it turned into Love Thy Neighbour mark two.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 19:22 - Jun 5 with 1549 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 19:07 - Jun 5 by exiledclaseboy

Early Alf Garnett was an excellently parody. Later series forgot the satire and it turned into Love Thy Neighbour mark two.

Yeah, the later stuff just was odd. Seemed like they were trying to recreate what they did earlier but trying to adapt to avoid being repetitive but just lost what made the early stuff fun.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:26 - Jun 5 with 1507 viewsLoyal

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:45 - Jun 5 by blueytheblue

I'm not sure some would see your comment as valid based on the fact Garnett was a Jew.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:36 - Jun 5 with 1497 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:26 - Jun 5 by Loyal

I'm not sure some would see your comment as valid based on the fact Garnett was a Jew.

Warren Mitchell was Jewish, Alf Garnett wasn't.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:37 - Jun 5 with 1494 viewstrampie

I seen the actor that played Garnett in a Carry on film last night or was it the night before, interesting part he took. lol.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:56 - Jun 5 with 1487 viewsLoyal

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:36 - Jun 5 by exiledclaseboy

Warren Mitchell was Jewish, Alf Garnett wasn't.

As for Alan Partridge.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:58 - Jun 5 with 1486 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:56 - Jun 5 by Loyal

As for Alan Partridge.

Aha!

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:02 - Jun 6 with 1446 viewsdonkeylabour

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 18:05 - Jun 5 by exiledclaseboy

Ooh you're so un-PC. How impressive. I bet you call a spade a spade as well. Hot stuff

Yeah, yeah as per usual you go down that line and don't open your mind to what the lady was saying.

You're the one obsessed with political correctness mate. This is a completely different topic altogether, this is about genuine liberalism and understanding what true racism is.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2016 10:03]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024