Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol Rovers Saturday 17:52 - Jul 20 with 2045 viewsmax936

Any Bristol based Jacks on here, gonna come up Saturday for game and thinking of stopping over lads birthday treat, near ground will be ok if area is safe ish or best alternative, coming up Saturday morning by train, can't doing traffic that way over a weekend

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 20:35 - Jul 20 with 1969 viewswhiterock

Not sure what the area is like, was rough around Eastville years ago
When was the last time we played the gas?
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 20:41 - Jul 20 with 1951 viewsmax936

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 20:35 - Jul 20 by whiterock

Not sure what the area is like, was rough around Eastville years ago
When was the last time we played the gas?

I can't remember to be honest, my Father took me and my Browd up there for an evening match about a million years, there was a speedway track there then.

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 20:43 - Jul 20 with 1945 viewsSwanzay

The Mem is based on at the top end of Gloucester Road which has a plethora of querky wonderful pubs, however they are further towards to city centre. The stadium is in Horfield and in my mind there is not much around there, especially for a night out. However if you go futher down towards the Arches on Gloucester Road you will be spoilt for choice for pubs and the harbour is only a short walk from there too, which again is full of pubs.

Bristol is a great night out, enjoy Max.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 20:44]
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 20:51 - Jul 20 with 1917 viewsmax936

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 20:43 - Jul 20 by Swanzay

The Mem is based on at the top end of Gloucester Road which has a plethora of querky wonderful pubs, however they are further towards to city centre. The stadium is in Horfield and in my mind there is not much around there, especially for a night out. However if you go futher down towards the Arches on Gloucester Road you will be spoilt for choice for pubs and the harbour is only a short walk from there too, which again is full of pubs.

Bristol is a great night out, enjoy Max.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 20:44]

Sounds great Lads not a pub goer though, just my luck, we'll leave him in the hotel and me and the Mrs will go

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 20:57 - Jul 20 with 1909 viewsSwanzay

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 20:51 - Jul 20 by max936

Sounds great Lads not a pub goer though, just my luck, we'll leave him in the hotel and me and the Mrs will go

I would suggest bus No 73 to the arches runs until 11pm, they run around every 10 minutes. Not sure where you hotel is, but if it outsite of the city boundary which from that area is Filton before you going into South Glous. Taxi drivers slap a huge charge and some can be reluctant to take you.

From there you can easily pub crawl into the center and harbourside and enjoy the banksy graffiti etc, btw pubs aint cheap around here.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 21:05]
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 21:07 - Jul 20 with 1886 viewsastonian_the_jack

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 20:57 - Jul 20 by Swanzay

I would suggest bus No 73 to the arches runs until 11pm, they run around every 10 minutes. Not sure where you hotel is, but if it outsite of the city boundary which from that area is Filton before you going into South Glous. Taxi drivers slap a huge charge and some can be reluctant to take you.

From there you can easily pub crawl into the center and harbourside and enjoy the banksy graffiti etc, btw pubs aint cheap around here.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2016 21:05]

Gloucester Road as mention has a large mix of pubs especially around the area called The Arches. Google sainsburys Gloucester Road and around there generally

Town is excellent especially Kings Street, a lot of craft beer and ales! Lively with decent atmosphere, great at night time. Get a taxi to the ground from G Road unless you're happy with a bus

There is a pub called The Wellington near the stadium but not sure on away day policy
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 22:35 - Jul 20 with 1807 viewsJackFish

Would stay clear of the Wellington and the Vic near the ground, plenty of pubs further down Glos Road to drink in. Plenty of places to go for a drink in the evening all the way from the there to the bottom of Stoke's Croft too, and King Street as mentioned has some really cool bars. Gets very busy on a Saturday night though.
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 11:39 - Jul 21 with 1666 viewsmax936

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 22:35 - Jul 20 by JackFish

Would stay clear of the Wellington and the Vic near the ground, plenty of pubs further down Glos Road to drink in. Plenty of places to go for a drink in the evening all the way from the there to the bottom of Stoke's Croft too, and King Street as mentioned has some really cool bars. Gets very busy on a Saturday night though.

Thank you all for your input, but lad as changed his mind now, so it's all off

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 11:55 - Jul 21 with 1646 viewsbathgatejack

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 11:39 - Jul 21 by max936

Thank you all for your input, but lad as changed his mind now, so it's all off

does he often do that
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 12:35 - Jul 21 with 1619 viewsmax936

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 11:55 - Jul 21 by bathgatejack

does he often do that

he's at a funny age

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 12:57 - Jul 21 with 1602 viewsdna

Going up by train - change at Cardiff, Portsmouth train stops at Filton Abbey Wood (nearest station to the ground)

Couple of quid cheaper if you book to Cardiff, then Cardiff to Filton
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 18:03 - Jul 21 with 1508 viewsJackFish

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 12:57 - Jul 21 by dna

Going up by train - change at Cardiff, Portsmouth train stops at Filton Abbey Wood (nearest station to the ground)

Couple of quid cheaper if you book to Cardiff, then Cardiff to Filton

Montpelier (by the arches) is probably closer than Abbeywood, good luck getting there from Swansea though! About a 45 minute walk down from Filton to the ground.
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 10:16 - Jul 22 with 1341 viewsdna

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 18:03 - Jul 21 by JackFish

Montpelier (by the arches) is probably closer than Abbeywood, good luck getting there from Swansea though! About a 45 minute walk down from Filton to the ground.

Cheers, as you say Filton is easier to get to - forecast is ok and we're getting there early, so a stroll with a pub stop on the way and maybe a taxi back - £10 to Parkway??
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 12:20 - Jul 22 with 1304 viewsPolskijack

I'm flying over tonight and will be at the game. Looking forward to seeing all the new signings.
Bristol Rovers Saturday on 12:56 - Jul 22 with 1287 viewsastonian_the_jack

Bristol Rovers Saturday on 10:16 - Jul 22 by dna

Cheers, as you say Filton is easier to get to - forecast is ok and we're getting there early, so a stroll with a pub stop on the way and maybe a taxi back - £10 to Parkway??

uber your best bet, £10-£12 I reckon
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024