Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Size of club 14:31 - Jul 22 with 7632 viewstreboethjack

We all know this has been done to death over the years but having just seen someone discussing it in the Joe Allen thread it got me thinking, how long do we have to be competing at this level (having won a major cup) before we start climbing the ladder in terms of club size? and what else to we need to do other than expand.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Size of club on 12:45 - Jul 23 with 1441 viewsWxmJax

Size of club on 12:02 - Jul 23 by ChrisSCFC

Average home league attendance : 21,667

A couple of massive away following's from teams local to Leeds to bring it above the 20K.

It'd be like us getting 7K in the Championship, shit.

Maybe the draw of super Garry Monk will sell out Elland Road...

http://www.wafll.com/leeds-statistics/leeds-2015-16.html

There you go, massive away followings from the local teams, Burnley, Charlton and Brentford, yet only 900 more than average for the Sheff Wed game. Probably something to do with Sheffield being so far from Leeds.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Size of club on 12:47 - Jul 23 with 1438 viewsChrisSCFC

Size of club on 12:43 - Jul 23 by raynor94

In the early sixties Burnley were arguably the best team in the country, percentage wise to population they are a fantastically supported club, Swansea has never had that level of support, the doldrums, rugby, as I said 70000. against 250000, we won't match their intensity

I'm aware of the history and no we almost certainly never will I just hope we can get more within our catchment supporting us is all.
Size of club on 12:49 - Jul 23 with 1434 viewsChrisSCFC

Size of club on 12:45 - Jul 23 by WxmJax

http://www.wafll.com/leeds-statistics/leeds-2015-16.html

There you go, massive away followings from the local teams, Burnley, Charlton and Brentford, yet only 900 more than average for the Sheff Wed game. Probably something to do with Sheffield being so far from Leeds.

The people staying away because of the ownership doesn't hold much water when they're packing ER for the visits of Arsenal & Man U.

They're staying away because they're shit.
Size of club on 12:50 - Jul 23 with 1431 viewsraynor94

Size of club on 12:47 - Jul 23 by ChrisSCFC

I'm aware of the history and no we almost certainly never will I just hope we can get more within our catchment supporting us is all.

And I 100% agree, the situation is definitely improving among the kids these days, as far as shirts go long May it continue

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Size of club on 12:51 - Jul 23 with 1429 viewsChrisSCFC

Size of club on 12:50 - Jul 23 by raynor94

And I 100% agree, the situation is definitely improving among the kids these days, as far as shirts go long May it continue

True.
Size of club on 13:02 - Jul 23 with 1413 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Size of club on 12:43 - Jul 23 by raynor94

In the early sixties Burnley were arguably the best team in the country, percentage wise to population they are a fantastically supported club, Swansea has never had that level of support, the doldrums, rugby, as I said 70000. against 250000, we won't match their intensity

We should be aiming to doubleour attendance eventually. The whole of West Waes is ours and the Valleys as far as Gwent are turing over to us. We need a ground of at least 33,000.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Size of club on 13:28 - Jul 23 with 1391 viewsraynor94

Quite agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Size of club on 15:40 - Jul 23 with 1341 viewsGlyn1

If the stadium isn't completely full, people regard it as a badge of shame and I've never understood why. No-one is congratulating Southern Railway for continually running at 100% capacity for example.

Expand the stadium in stages to 35,000 and expect it to be mainly 80% full (i.e. 28,000 spectators) and completely full only for the biggest matches. People will be able to sit with their family, kids will have a better chance of watching their heroes, and people can make a last minute decision to watch a match and still have a reasonable chance of getting a ticket.

I really don't see a problem doing that.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 15:42]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Size of club on 16:34 - Jul 23 with 1319 viewscrix

this whole debate on what is a 'big club' really is hard to put an actual finger on. personally ive always sort believed it was about history as in the success of a club over its entirety. growing up I used to watch grandstand and world of sport (I'm 47 now by the way) and the football segments on each and it was quite clear who the big clubs were back then just by listening to they way certain clubs were spoken about and such.
things have changed quite a lot since the advent of the premier league and as such the 'big club' parameters seem to of changed too. take Chelsea for example ok they had a little bit of success in ye olde days but they were never spoken about with the same affection as a Bolton or a wolves for example. but enter the roman empire and lets face it they are considered to be a 'big club' now. they have had a lot of success in the roman years and as a result now have a massive world wide following and ergo now a 'big club' status.
so how do we become a big club? well its not going to happen over night unless a mega billionaire is going to jump in and pump in his hard cash willy nilly and buy up all the talent around, well that's not on the immediate horizon with the events of yesterday is it:) so is expanding our stadium going to turn us into a 'big club'? quite honestly no. we definitely need to do it but its not going to give us a 'big club' title on its own. if we are going to ditch the small time we need to win stuff and on a regular basis, then as a result we get global interest and then we start getting spoken about (eventually) as a big club.
so lets not worry about our small club badge of honour as we are stuck with it for now at least.
Size of club on 16:41 - Jul 23 with 1309 viewsPozuelosSideys

Size of club on 15:40 - Jul 23 by Glyn1

If the stadium isn't completely full, people regard it as a badge of shame and I've never understood why. No-one is congratulating Southern Railway for continually running at 100% capacity for example.

Expand the stadium in stages to 35,000 and expect it to be mainly 80% full (i.e. 28,000 spectators) and completely full only for the biggest matches. People will be able to sit with their family, kids will have a better chance of watching their heroes, and people can make a last minute decision to watch a match and still have a reasonable chance of getting a ticket.

I really don't see a problem doing that.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2016 15:42]

I hope you're not compring the Swans to Southern Railways. They are complete fhuckwits. The players wouldnt turn up, we wouldnt kick off until midnight and youll be paying £150 a ticket for ony 75 minutes of game time :)

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Size of club on 16:58 - Jul 23 with 1292 viewsWxmJax

Size of club on 12:49 - Jul 23 by ChrisSCFC

The people staying away because of the ownership doesn't hold much water when they're packing ER for the visits of Arsenal & Man U.

They're staying away because they're shit.

But they didn't play ManU or Arsenal last season. You keep changing your point and losing. Give it a rest and go get a beer I'm on the kronenburg.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Size of club on 18:04 - Jul 23 with 1255 viewsOldjack

Size of club on 21:38 - Jul 22 by ItchySphincter

They're not in the Prem though are they dumbo so what's your point?
[Post edited 22 Jul 2016 22:48]

they are big clubs ,you thick tw*t and always will be ,fuk me there's one born every minute aye

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024