Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your team for Man U? 16:45 - Nov 1 with 11863 viewsChrisSCFC

-------------------------Fabianski--------------

Naughton----------VDH-------Amat----------Kingsley

----------------------Cork--------Britton----------

---------------------------Sigurdsson--------------------
-----------------------Routledge-----------------

----------------------Borja----------Llorente-----------

At this stage I think going route1 would be worth a shot we can't pass to save our lives anyway, go long to a front 2 with some support behind them meanwhile offering some protection to our CB's with Leon & Cork.

Set up like we did last night and we're going to get smashed.
Your team for Man U? on 22:12 - Nov 1 with 1609 viewsMurph75

Your team for Man U? on 22:10 - Nov 1 by midswan

Fair point,however Jeff is just as likely to have a shocker as Mo.....

That may well be the case. Nothing can be as bad as Barrow's last 2 performances.
Your team for Man U? on 22:14 - Nov 1 with 1607 viewsdonkonky

Fab
Naughton Amat Mawson Kingsley
Leon
Barrow Siggurdson. Montereo
Borja
Llorente
Your team for Man U? on 22:18 - Nov 1 with 1597 viewslonglostjack

Your team for Man U? on 22:14 - Nov 1 by donkonky

Fab
Naughton Amat Mawson Kingsley
Leon
Barrow Siggurdson. Montereo
Borja
Llorente

Leeeeeon !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Your team for Man U? on 22:22 - Nov 1 with 1591 viewsJJJack

Your team for Man U? on 20:01 - Nov 1 by LeonisGod

Fab
Rangel VDH Amat Naughton
Cork
Ki Fer
Sig Routs
Borja

In that wonky midfield 5 with Routs Providing the width. We need an extra man in midfield to make up for the general crappyness, as Garry and Guidolin worked out. It won't be pretty, but we're beyond worrying about that. Barrow's best when a game is stretched or against tired defenders imo. So leave him on the bench.

I'd aGREE with your fomation. Flood the midfield and play as we did against Liverpool and Citeh.
But I'd play Britton ahead of Ki (who I would never pick) and push Cork forward with Britton sitting.
Also I'd play Naughton and Kingsley at FB , Llorente instead of Borja who doesn't hold it up enough IMO but is ok off the bench.
N/A. on 22:30 - Nov 1 with 1573 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 1:44]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Your team for Man U? on 22:59 - Nov 1 with 1554 viewslondonlisa2001

Your team for Man U? on 17:49 - Nov 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm aware. I'd argue that he is the 2nd best winger at the club who is fit to play on Saturday. Why he wasn't recalled as soon as Montero and Dyer were confirmed injured is baffling.

I'd suspect somebody did not put in a recall clause again.

Because he can't play for us anyway as he's not in our named 25, isn't under age and wasn't out of contract when the transfer window ended maybe? Or doesn't that apply if he's our player?
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:24 - Nov 1 with 1532 viewsSwanjack10

Your team for Man U? on 21:26 - Nov 1 by NeathJack

De Vries

Rangel Williams Monk Tate

Allen Britton

Dyer Dobbie Sinclair

Borini

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Your team for Man U? on 23:44 - Nov 1 with 1506 viewsNeathJack

Your team for Man U? on 17:49 - Nov 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm aware. I'd argue that he is the 2nd best winger at the club who is fit to play on Saturday. Why he wasn't recalled as soon as Montero and Dyer were confirmed injured is baffling.

I'd suspect somebody did not put in a recall clause again.

I believe much the loans between Premier League clubs, players can now only be recalled during the January window as the rules in the Football League are now the same.

I may be wrong but that is my understanding.
Login to get fewer ads

Your team for Man U? on 00:37 - Nov 2 with 1484 viewsharryhpalmer

you can't keep chopping and changing the back 4.

we need some stability there so Bradley better find his best centre back partnership fast, and then stick with it come what may.

to me VdH and Mawson is too inexperienced a duo.

Mawson seems the better passer of the current 2. i'd bring Amat back in alongside him.

Ki stays in midfield on the last 2 games showing, with Leon alongside him.

Fer shouldn't be anywhere near the side. Lazy. slow. liability.

At least Cork tries even if he's way off form. I'd rather see Fulton in than Fer.

What is obvious is we need to get a quick central midfielder in the window.

Wingers are horses for courses.

But what amazed me at Stoke was, as poor as Mo was, why didn't Bob try switching him and see if things got better on the left side? because when Baston came on, Routs got far more joy than Mo did, and was unlucky not to have earned a pen. Who is to say Mo wouldn't have faired better against Bardsley? It was worth a spin.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Your team for Man U? on 01:23 - Nov 2 with 1466 viewsPozuelosSideys

Fabianski
Naughton? VDH Amat Kingsley
Leon Ki
Barrow Fer. Routledge??
Borja

Gylfi needs dropping. Dont care if hes our best player, his form needs him sat on the bench. Not entirely sure he'll fit Bradleys tactical preferences either.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 1:26]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Your team for Man U? on 01:50 - Nov 2 with 1456 viewsdeanscfc

Fabianski
Naughton, Amat, Fernandez, Kingsley
Ki, Fer
Barrow, Siggy, Monterro
Baston

_________

I still think that Fernandez, Amat is the best combo we've got for now at CB as the others are too inexperienced at this level. Monterro has to start playing again if fit and although Barrow had a poor game on Monday, he needs to play as he is a threat with his pace. Taylor must not start.
Your team for Man U? on 04:34 - Nov 2 with 1436 viewsskippyjack

.....................Fabianski.........................
Naughton...Amat..Mawson..Kingsley
...................Britton....Cork.....................
Barrow...............Siggy..........Montero
........................Llorente........................

On current form.. this should be the team.. Fulton deserves a crack over Britton.. we might as well start planning for relegation.

Seniors like Routledge, Rangel, Fernandez, Taylor, Ki are going backwards.. maybe some youngsters are impressing in the youth team... give them a run out..

From a technical viewpoint..

Fabianski
Amat
Siggy
Ki
Fer
Baston
Llorente
Montero

Are Premier League standard.. but they rarely show their full ability to standards required to win a game.. the others in our squad are limited

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Your team for Man U? on 04:59 - Nov 2 with 1431 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Your team for Man U? on 22:12 - Nov 1 by Murph75

That may well be the case. Nothing can be as bad as Barrow's last 2 performances.

Our situation on the wings is pretty simple and straight forward IMO.

If Montero or Barrow is playing along side Routledge, then we have to hope that guy has a great day, or we are screwed and pretty much worthless.

If Montero and Barrow are playing together, we might be OK as long as at least one of them is sharp.

Llorente and Borja each deserve a chance to play with both of them at the same time, a couple of times, before we really panic about this season.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Your team for Man U? on 08:20 - Nov 2 with 1380 viewsShonky

I read a book called The Devils Alternative once about a guy who had to make some difficult choices for the greater good.
Naughton or Rangel?
Van Der Hoof or Feddy Chuckle?
Daisy Cork or Ferki?
I managed to generate a little optimism yesterday, but when you look at the shower of shyt we have for a playing staff, its seems to have vapourised.

Its just a ride...

Your team for Man U? on 10:12 - Nov 2 with 1345 viewsjasper_T

--------Tremmel
Reid Fernandez Davies Kingsley
-----Fulton Byers
Jones Gylfi James
--------Llorente
Your team for Man U? on 11:56 - Nov 2 with 1322 viewsDafyddHuw

Does anyone still think it really matters what team we put out?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:56]
Your team for Man U? on 12:08 - Nov 2 with 1317 viewsjasper_T

Your team for Man U? on 11:56 - Nov 2 by DafyddHuw

Does anyone still think it really matters what team we put out?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:56]

Very much so. Why wouldn't it?
Your team for Man U? on 14:27 - Nov 2 with 1286 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Your team for Man U? on 19:57 - Nov 1 by Murph75

One in centre midfield?

Fab

Rangel
VDH
Mawson
Kingsley

Leon
Fer

Montero
Siggy
Routs

Borja

Naughton was a bystander for 40 mins v Stoke before he went off with the sh*ts, Rangel is the only alternative (Don't even suggest Taylor at RB)

Have to keep faith with Mawson, dropping him now after an OG would destroy his confidence & he needs games at this level.

Leon needs to come in. Against SToke, we had no one to dictate the play (when we had the ball)

If Jeff is fit, he must play. Barrow had his worst game against Stoke, summed up by the one time he got in behind the LB & kicked it straight for a goal kick (like a bad glitch of FIFA).

Borja for LLorente for me. Borja will get int o the positions to score - he's got natural instinct. But we'll probaly play more long balls to LLorente to not hold up!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Your team for Man U? on 15:00 - Nov 2 with 1268 viewsTheKirkyLife

A lot of people will shoot this team down I'm sure but we need to try something.

Fabianski - I'd have no one else in goal right now. Saved us so many times.

Reid, VDH, Amat, Kingsley - Kingsley over Taylor is a no brainer. Easily one of our best crossers of the ball. Amat/VDH WORKED I cannot comprehend why Bradley wanted to try anything different. Mawson has been a positive but was so naive at Stoke. Bench player to be bedded in with cup games. Naughton had a really off day at Stoke in a season where I actually think he's been one of our better players. Rangel was garbage though, well past it now. Let's give the young lad Reid a chance. Might as well and has a point to prove against United who deemed him not good enough.

Britton, Sigurdsson, Ki - I actually thought Ki did well on Monday. Some great passes and link up play. Deserves another week. Britton in alongside him will give some defensive cover and calm for 60 minutes whilst Captain Gylfi can produce those amazing moments we need.

Barrow/Borja/Montero - We need to go for it now. Yes, Barrow had a bad game but who will he face at United? Valencia who isn't even a RB or Darmian who has an odd mistake at him. Not like we have many other options. We need Montero now, simple as. It should be Chadli in his place but there we are. Could say the same of Allen instead of Britton. As for Borja I just think he's a better striker. Llorente had a good game on Monday given how little he could get involved but he lacks pace in droves. Absolutely a post-60 minute player.

Bench: Nordfeldt, Naughton, Mawson, Cork, Fer, Routledge, Llorente
Your team for Man U? on 15:11 - Nov 2 with 1251 viewsLegend83

Fabianski - but it would be nice to see him have worldy of a game which hasn't happened for a while.

Naughton - was obviously struggling with illness so I'll give him a free pass as he was very good against Watford and has generally been decent. Rangel showed against Stoke that sadly he is past it for good.

VdH / Amat - I would return to a CB pairing that was looking decent against the likes of City. It's tough on Mawson but I think he needs to be eased in gently.

Kingsley / My dead Nan / a three-legged horse over Taylor (who plays LB in the 23s when Kingsley is not? I'd put him on the bench over Taylor).

Routledge on the right and Barrow on the left - let's do a novel thing and play the wingers on their natural sides! Particularly if it means I don't have to watch Barrow cut inside and/or Routledge cross with the outside of his boot.

Ki / Britton or Ki / Cork - I thought Ki looked very good getting us up the pitch against Stoke and also got a bit more stuck in than usual. Also has a good record against United. Has to be with Britton or Cork.

Siggy - needs to show some form so Fer on at 60 mins if it's not happening.

Borja - much better suited to the pressing game and I can't bear to watch VdH hoof it up to Llorente (even if he was pretty accurate).

United's defence can be utterly shite so I fancy us to score but it's what we do at the other end that will make or break us. Fab needs a stormer ala Tom Heaton...
Your team for Man U? on 15:17 - Nov 2 with 1242 viewsjasper_T

Aaron Lewis (a RB/CM normally) plays left-back for the u23s when Kingsley isn't available.

He's only just turned 18 I think. There was a youtube video of him doing 1000 keepie ups when he was a kid, so he's got more skill than Taylor for sure.
Your team for Man U? on 15:17 - Nov 2 with 1242 viewsJango

Your team for Man U? on 15:00 - Nov 2 by TheKirkyLife

A lot of people will shoot this team down I'm sure but we need to try something.

Fabianski - I'd have no one else in goal right now. Saved us so many times.

Reid, VDH, Amat, Kingsley - Kingsley over Taylor is a no brainer. Easily one of our best crossers of the ball. Amat/VDH WORKED I cannot comprehend why Bradley wanted to try anything different. Mawson has been a positive but was so naive at Stoke. Bench player to be bedded in with cup games. Naughton had a really off day at Stoke in a season where I actually think he's been one of our better players. Rangel was garbage though, well past it now. Let's give the young lad Reid a chance. Might as well and has a point to prove against United who deemed him not good enough.

Britton, Sigurdsson, Ki - I actually thought Ki did well on Monday. Some great passes and link up play. Deserves another week. Britton in alongside him will give some defensive cover and calm for 60 minutes whilst Captain Gylfi can produce those amazing moments we need.

Barrow/Borja/Montero - We need to go for it now. Yes, Barrow had a bad game but who will he face at United? Valencia who isn't even a RB or Darmian who has an odd mistake at him. Not like we have many other options. We need Montero now, simple as. It should be Chadli in his place but there we are. Could say the same of Allen instead of Britton. As for Borja I just think he's a better striker. Llorente had a good game on Monday given how little he could get involved but he lacks pace in droves. Absolutely a post-60 minute player.

Bench: Nordfeldt, Naughton, Mawson, Cork, Fer, Routledge, Llorente

I agree with the front 6 here. If all are fit go with it and stick with it for a while. As for the defence, I have no clue
Your team for Man U? on 15:42 - Nov 2 with 1217 viewsmidswan

Your team for Man U? on 04:34 - Nov 2 by skippyjack

.....................Fabianski.........................
Naughton...Amat..Mawson..Kingsley
...................Britton....Cork.....................
Barrow...............Siggy..........Montero
........................Llorente........................

On current form.. this should be the team.. Fulton deserves a crack over Britton.. we might as well start planning for relegation.

Seniors like Routledge, Rangel, Fernandez, Taylor, Ki are going backwards.. maybe some youngsters are impressing in the youth team... give them a run out..

From a technical viewpoint..

Fabianski
Amat
Siggy
Ki
Fer
Baston
Llorente
Montero

Are Premier League standard.. but they rarely show their full ability to standards required to win a game.. the others in our squad are limited

On current form ? Barrow should be pushing one for a living and not even be on the pitch....and Jeff hasn't played for what 6 weeks or so ? Hardly current form...
Your team for Man U? on 15:51 - Nov 2 with 1210 viewsLegend83

Your team for Man U? on 15:42 - Nov 2 by midswan

On current form ? Barrow should be pushing one for a living and not even be on the pitch....and Jeff hasn't played for what 6 weeks or so ? Hardly current form...

Barrow was as good against Arsenal as he was sh*t against Stoke.

Setting aside the fact there are very few other options, in the same vein as Montero, you can't really leave him out because he might do something incredible.
Your team for Man U? on 16:09 - Nov 2 with 1196 viewsSwanjack10

Your team for Man U? on 21:26 - Nov 1 by NeathJack

De Vries

Rangel Williams Monk Tate

Allen Britton

Dyer Dobbie Sinclair

Borini

Davies

Duffy Stevenson Mcarthey Colemam

James Pratley

Robinson Raynor Legg

Akinfenwa

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024