Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread 11:44 - Dec 12 with 37616 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 19:04]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:16 - Dec 14 with 1603 viewslondonlisa2001

It's quite interesting mind watching the team after a few weeks away as you see it with fresher eyes and I was starting with a relatively clean slate in what I was expecting.

I'm not joking when I say that I think Leighton James, after a few, with Jimmy behind him, would do a better job than Montero, who is frankly, taking the p*ss, and Taylor who is lacking any semblance of ability. And I don't mean in their day, I mean now. Our left side must be the worst in certainly the top two divisions if not three.

I'm as unhappy about Bradley as anyone, but there isn't a manager alive or dead who could get this squad looking anything other than relegation fodder.
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:17 - Dec 14 with 1587 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:16 - Dec 14 by londonlisa2001

It's quite interesting mind watching the team after a few weeks away as you see it with fresher eyes and I was starting with a relatively clean slate in what I was expecting.

I'm not joking when I say that I think Leighton James, after a few, with Jimmy behind him, would do a better job than Montero, who is frankly, taking the p*ss, and Taylor who is lacking any semblance of ability. And I don't mean in their day, I mean now. Our left side must be the worst in certainly the top two divisions if not three.

I'm as unhappy about Bradley as anyone, but there isn't a manager alive or dead who could get this squad looking anything other than relegation fodder.

So basically what you're saying is Jenkins is A c*nt

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:20 - Dec 14 with 1558 viewsDracan66

Montero ! I thought the guy must be injured for him not to chase down the balls but it looks like he threw the toys out of the pram and gave up!!! Where's the steel in our side...most of it is contained within two thirty something's that are in the twilight of their careers.

HJ lies at the route of our downfall in the extremely poor transfer dealings and should hang his head in shame whilst we peer into the abyss !
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:20 - Dec 14 with 1558 viewsSwansNZ

Look on the bright side, all other results tonight were good for us.

Maybe, just maybe, there will be 3 teams sh1tier than us.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:21 - Dec 14 with 1557 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:17 - Dec 14 by Smellyplumz

So basically what you're saying is Jenkins is A c*nt

I obviously wouldn't dream of using such language, but yes, yes I am...
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:21 - Dec 14 with 1551 viewsSwanseajill

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:02 - Dec 14 by morningstar

Yeah, like that's gonna happen like! As you said earlier in the thread, we are so down!

I'm beginning to have to agree with you mate, but it will be all kicking and screaming along the way for me.
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:27 - Dec 14 with 1493 viewsmorningstar

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:08 - Dec 14 by monmouth

And if Bradley takes no blame as sonme seem to be arguing, why have a manager at all? He/the coaching team are simply not getting the best out of these players. But even if they did I still think we'd be in the shit. Too many flakes in the team with a catastrophic error in them, including Fabianski. Sigurdsson was a load of old arse too, even when we were playing well.

Clasey was right in his throw away remark earlier, the manager and too many of the players are simply not up to scratch. I'd add coaches , scout, agent sources and Chairman. Lower league, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.

Anyway, who knows, anything can happen. I don't think it will. Just about down and out. Goal difference almost always tells you who will be relegated. Ours is laughable.

Oh, Clasey was right now was he! But when i suggested the exact same thing before the game had even kicked off, you called me a pussy and told me too man up! Rightio then! All hail fvckin Clasey is it, who actually up arrowed your post! Never mind poor old morningstar who could also see it coming all through the game! This is all about the POTY awards inniit!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 22:29]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:30 - Dec 14 with 1466 viewsSmellyplumz

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:21 - Dec 14 by londonlisa2001

I obviously wouldn't dream of using such language, but yes, yes I am...

I would I hate the c unt with a burning passion.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:33 - Dec 14 with 1445 viewsSwanseajill

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:27 - Dec 14 by morningstar

Oh, Clasey was right now was he! But when i suggested the exact same thing before the game had even kicked off, you called me a pussy and told me too man up! Rightio then! All hail fvckin Clasey is it, who actually up arrowed your post! Never mind poor old morningstar who could also see it coming all through the game! This is all about the POTY awards inniit!

Well you are a big pussy.😳😺
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:37 - Dec 14 with 1417 viewsmonmouth

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:27 - Dec 14 by morningstar

Yeah, but then again I bothered to read Claseys post.

Lorraine's got you nailed mun.

I think you should be POTY anyway.

If Lisa withdraws.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 22:38]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:40 - Dec 14 with 1386 viewsClinton

Firstly, there's actually two teams below us, unbelievable as it may seem we can scrape through this. Looking like three from the current bottom five I reckons.
Secondly, just wondering if given some training and practice we should try three at the back especially away from home. Amat, Mawson, FF/VDH. Regardless of what most of you guys think of FF that looks highest quality we have at the back. Go Wayne left. And maybe (tin hat) Nathan on the right as wing backs. Maybe that is Plan C but worth a try against some teams? Lovely if we had some different strategies for different teams. Horses for courses type thing.
Keep your peckers up folks.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:47 - Dec 14 with 1345 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:37 - Dec 14 by monmouth

If Lisa withdraws.

Withdraws what?

What have I done?

Edited - I've just realised what POTY meant. Sorry. Not with it this week so had no idea what you were talking about, I thought I was being asked to withdraw a comment that I couldn't remember making!!
[Post edited 14 Dec 2016 22:50]
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:49 - Dec 14 with 1325 viewsKerouac

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 21:57 - Dec 14 by shandyjack

the balls into the box were of such high quality they took the keeper out of the equation

I'll give you the 2nd.

The 1st he could have done better...

The 3rd (literally the same ball from the same player, aimed at the same target, 2 mins after the 2nd goal) he should have anticipated and came and punched IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:51 - Dec 14 with 1306 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:49 - Dec 14 by Kerouac

I'll give you the 2nd.

The 1st he could have done better...

The 3rd (literally the same ball from the same player, aimed at the same target, 2 mins after the 2nd goal) he should have anticipated and came and punched IMO.

At least if Fab had come to punch and missed, there was the chance of him punching Taylor. So result either way really.
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:53 - Dec 14 with 1302 viewsGriffting

Didn't particularly see it going much different tonight if I'm honest.. When a team usually accustom to playing 4 centre backs as a back four, a team averaging over 6ft with Tony Pulis at the helm away from home usually spells trouble for us.. even back in our best prem days.

I will say though, didn't see the 'stunning quality' of those crosses people are going on about. The freekick yes, but the others.. 2 Lofted balls to the back stick. Should be defending those much better. Not sure I've seen Amat win an aerial duel all season mind.
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:53 - Dec 14 with 1297 viewsKerouac

Nyom was very good tonight.
A proper hard b'stard, as is Olsson.
Wish we had a bit of that at the back.

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:57 - Dec 14 with 1270 viewsKerouac

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:51 - Dec 14 by londonlisa2001

At least if Fab had come to punch and missed, there was the chance of him punching Taylor. So result either way really.

I reckon he'd already panelled Taylor in the changing room pre-game...at least Taylor played like he'd recently been knocked unconscious.

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 23:01 - Dec 14 with 1250 viewsStarsky

Will you stop laughing all over this thread mun, we lost ffs

It's just the internet, init.

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 23:03 - Dec 14 with 1234 viewsmax936

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:53 - Dec 14 by Kerouac

Nyom was very good tonight.
A proper hard b'stard, as is Olsson.
Wish we had a bit of that at the back.

Funny thing is Nyom wouldn't have played if Dawson had been available, he was excellent fair play he had Montero in his pocket Montero knew it and lost interest pathetic, how Olsson gets away with holding in the box I don't know, they were lucky that they didn't concede two own goals though one the first half when the ball just went wide and at 3-1 when the reaction from Foster saved the other

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 23:09 - Dec 14 with 1193 viewsKerouac

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 23:03 - Dec 14 by max936

Funny thing is Nyom wouldn't have played if Dawson had been available, he was excellent fair play he had Montero in his pocket Montero knew it and lost interest pathetic, how Olsson gets away with holding in the box I don't know, they were lucky that they didn't concede two own goals though one the first half when the ball just went wide and at 3-1 when the reaction from Foster saved the other

Can't argue with any of that.

You make your own luck though. As a team we are too nice.
The likes of Nyom and Olsson will do ANYTHING to win.
Not sure our lot have got that in them.

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 23:35 - Dec 14 with 1122 viewsmorningstar

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 23:01 - Dec 14 by Starsky

Will you stop laughing all over this thread mun, we lost ffs

It's not a laugh Chris, it's a bouncy thingy. .....

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 00:15 - Dec 15 with 1042 viewsMatlock_Jack

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:53 - Dec 14 by Griffting

Didn't particularly see it going much different tonight if I'm honest.. When a team usually accustom to playing 4 centre backs as a back four, a team averaging over 6ft with Tony Pulis at the helm away from home usually spells trouble for us.. even back in our best prem days.

I will say though, didn't see the 'stunning quality' of those crosses people are going on about. The freekick yes, but the others.. 2 Lofted balls to the back stick. Should be defending those much better. Not sure I've seen Amat win an aerial duel all season mind.

The first two goals looked like balls in between two defenders focused on nothing substantive in terms of stoppage; come to think of it (and having seen the footage again), the 3rd was much the same.

Problem is: Boro may well work it in to their strategy for Saturday.

Ditto the rest, unless we learn to defend better.

Can't be giving teams free headers: not in this man's league.
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 00:34 - Dec 15 with 1012 viewsLoyal

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:37 - Dec 14 by monmouth

If Lisa withdraws.

I've had mention already that I have it wrapped up.
Like a Christmas cock 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 03:14 - Dec 15 with 895 viewsdameedna

Lets be a fair, West brom played like a bunch of cocks for the most part and we were the better side. Could have put a few away on another night.

Happy with our defence and central midfield. Mawson has has 2 good games and should benefit from a run in the side. His movement and passing was sublime but there are questions over the goals which detract from his wins.

Onwards and upwards, game could have easily gone our way.
The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 06:08 - Dec 15 with 843 viewswaynekerr55

The Official West Bromwich Albion Versus Swansea City PL Match Thread on 22:40 - Dec 14 by Clinton

Firstly, there's actually two teams below us, unbelievable as it may seem we can scrape through this. Looking like three from the current bottom five I reckons.
Secondly, just wondering if given some training and practice we should try three at the back especially away from home. Amat, Mawson, FF/VDH. Regardless of what most of you guys think of FF that looks highest quality we have at the back. Go Wayne left. And maybe (tin hat) Nathan on the right as wing backs. Maybe that is Plan C but worth a try against some teams? Lovely if we had some different strategies for different teams. Horses for courses type thing.
Keep your peckers up folks.

Training and practice?

Yes, marking and actually challenging at set pieces wouldn't go amis, never mind three at the back!!!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024