Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baston - where is he? 17:06 - Dec 12 with 4735 viewsAussieSwan

Apologies if posted elsewhere but what is going on with our 15million man?

There have been rumours he's injured, rumours he's been dropped, rumours he's unsettled and is looking for a move back to his homeland (a la Paloschi), and rumours he just wants out to anywhere that's willing to take him

Does anyone have a clearer idea? I do find it staggering that he hasn't been given a proper run to try and conjure up some form given how much we forked out on him. At the moment he's being judged as a bust, but strikers in general seem to take longer to find their feet at new clubs

I'm not suggesting we drop Llorente but just wanted to know why Baston has been MIA of late

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Baston - where is he? on 17:18 - Dec 12 with 3865 viewsMrSwerve

He's missing his mam.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Baston - where is he? on 17:19 - Dec 12 with 3855 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

goal scorer can't get in our match day squad .

Bizarre stuff indeed , I don't swallow this home sick rumour either .
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 17:36]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Baston - where is he? on 17:22 - Dec 12 with 3835 viewsNogginthenog

He should cast a net to find a different club. I'll get my coat.
Baston - where is he? on 21:55 - Dec 12 with 3424 viewsicecoldjack

Seems to be all kinds of stories.Rumours are that a move in January is on the cards,maybe back to spain , his agent wants him out of the club ,homesick etc,etc .

All I know is the guy has hardly kicked a ball, incredible we pay £15m quid for a player yet don't seem to know how to fit him in ! Why sign somebody that doesn't really fit ?

Only seen him on you tube and looked like the kind of player that needs plenty of support around him, that's him pretty much fooked here !
Baston - where is he? on 22:26 - Dec 12 with 3290 viewsFar_Post

If fitness is the problem you would assume he would get a run out for the under 23s to build him up for the first team.

Our 2 form strikers at the moment however are Llorente and McBurnie so i fully support Bobs decision to put these 2 in the match day squad. Baston will need to wait for his opportunity.

Blog: The C Word

Baston - where is he? on 22:27 - Dec 12 with 3281 viewsLoyal

Earning far too much for doing far too little.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Baston - where is he? on 22:32 - Dec 12 with 3254 viewsJJJack

The guy has played about 430 mins in the Prem.....less than 5 full games. Puts things in perspective a bit because however poor he may have been - we've actually hardly seen him play yet.
Baston - where is he? on 22:43 - Dec 12 with 3203 viewsNOTRAC

Lately we seem to have made a habit of paying big money for players we obviously didn't need.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Login to get fewer ads

Baston - where is he? on 22:44 - Dec 12 with 3201 viewsjackrabbit

I just hope the £15m price is heavily structured and dependent on number of appearances, goals scored, etc. From what I've seen I'd question his commitment - he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else. A lot of money for very little return. Very disappointing.
Baston - where is he? on 23:08 - Dec 12 with 3102 viewsdobjack2

Baston - where is he? on 21:55 - Dec 12 by icecoldjack

Seems to be all kinds of stories.Rumours are that a move in January is on the cards,maybe back to spain , his agent wants him out of the club ,homesick etc,etc .

All I know is the guy has hardly kicked a ball, incredible we pay £15m quid for a player yet don't seem to know how to fit him in ! Why sign somebody that doesn't really fit ?

Only seen him on you tube and looked like the kind of player that needs plenty of support around him, that's him pretty much fooked here !

Why sign someone that doesn't fit in? Ask the head of recruitment he's got good st that.
Baston - where is he? on 18:37 - Dec 13 with 2709 viewsEasternJack

Baston - where is he? on 23:08 - Dec 12 by dobjack2

Why sign someone that doesn't fit in? Ask the head of recruitment he's got good st that.

I agree, should have gone with that lad with dreadlocks...

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Baston - where is he? on 18:41 - Dec 13 with 2686 viewsmacthejack

The whole signing's been a bit weird. Remember how long his f*cking medical took. There were a few rumours around then that he almost failed.
Baston - where is he? on 19:05 - Dec 13 with 2589 viewsFlashberryjack

Baston - where is he? on 22:32 - Dec 12 by JJJack

The guy has played about 430 mins in the Prem.....less than 5 full games. Puts things in perspective a bit because however poor he may have been - we've actually hardly seen him play yet.

430 minutes and struggling to make the bench, lets hope our scouts watched him more than that.

Because at £15 million, you could hardly call him a bargain.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Baston - where is he? on 19:22 - Dec 13 with 2524 viewsairedale

He must be on a big wage too. If he's not going to figure for us perhaps we have done a deal with him on his wages?
Baston - where is he? on 19:49 - Dec 13 with 2426 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I've heard through the grape vine Bobs not happy with him .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Baston - where is he? on 20:12 - Dec 13 with 2369 viewsPegojack

Baston - where is he? on 19:49 - Dec 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

FFS! Our record signing and he can't even get on the bench. A club of our size simply can't afford to spunk £15 million on a player who can't make the grade.

If we go down this season, this will be one of the major reasons why. Huw Jenkins and the scouting team, hang your heads in shame.
Baston - where is he? on 20:17 - Dec 13 with 2342 viewsperchrockjack

Herder fords quite simple post puts ours case to pillory Jenkins to the fore.

15 m is a fair wedge and deluded have be spent on a fit, ready to rock player to move us forward.

I cannot think of any club who have effectively thrown money away as we have.

It's not the fault of any take over, nor any yanks.

Sheer incompetence

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Baston - where is he? on 20:23 - Dec 13 with 2312 viewsBournedore

Bloke down the pub says Curtis wasn't a fan from the start. Apparently he wasn't impressed at all after Baston's first few training sessions...
Baston - where is he? on 20:26 - Dec 13 with 2291 viewsmonmouth

Baston - where is he? on 20:17 - Dec 13 by perchrockjack

Herder fords quite simple post puts ours case to pillory Jenkins to the fore.

15 m is a fair wedge and deluded have be spent on a fit, ready to rock player to move us forward.

I cannot think of any club who have effectively thrown money away as we have.

It's not the fault of any take over, nor any yanks.

Sheer incompetence

And yet, there he still is, saying we might need 'one or two additions'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Baston - where is he? on 20:32 - Dec 13 with 2260 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed.

A bigger cretin would be hard to find.

I'm truly sorry I couldn't help out.

Jenkins has made money which is fine but he could have made the club so much more

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Baston - where is he? on 09:33 - Dec 14 with 1983 viewsLegend83

If you watch the Match Day Cam video (very good incidentally) on the official site, you can see him and Ki with the squad and he looks pretty chipper so hopefully it's just a fitness thing and not an unhappiness thing.

There may be rumours but I'm sorry, you don't score 18 goals for the smallest team in La Liga by being shite. He might not be right for our system, but his stats and youth honours with Spain prove he is a talent.
Baston - where is he? on 10:00 - Dec 14 with 1953 viewsDewi1jack

Baston - where is he? on 19:49 - Dec 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

No grapevine.
We're not happy with Bob and even less with the new and old owners so completing the circle then.

Unless the bloke is injured he should at least be on the bench.
No striker can score if the service to him is a shambles and we've only seen him fleetingly.
If Borja is refusing to play/ train/ do as he's told then don't pay him. Fine him the 2 weeks wages allowed under the rules.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Baston - where is he? on 10:08 - Dec 14 with 1916 viewsWhiterockin

Baston - where is he? on 20:23 - Dec 13 by Bournedore

Bloke down the pub says Curtis wasn't a fan from the start. Apparently he wasn't impressed at all after Baston's first few training sessions...

I heard this as well. Curt showed him three times how to plug the kettle in and every time he forgot to tun it on.....

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Baston - where is he? on 10:10 - Dec 14 with 1910 viewsNookiejack

That's why you get £500k a year plus package plus bonuses for getting player recruitment right - as don't appear to be responsible for anything else.
Baston - where is he? on 10:12 - Dec 14 with 1902 viewsjasper_T

He's always looked like he's trying when he's come on to me. Not a lot he can do when he's stuck out on the left wing though, is there? He's a 6'3 goalscorer.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024