Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed 22:57 - Dec 17 with 3441 viewsswansmad

Enough said really.
New owners appointed Bob for marketing reasons to US tv market and possibly keeping contacts close to chest for trustworthy reasons....... but it has spectacularly failed.

Now, in order to protect your investment I would urge you to change course and appoint an experienced PL manager who could hopefully keep us up and invest in new players in the january transfer window.

It's clear to everyone who loves this club, that decisive action is required.
I urge you all board level to make positive decisions and help our club which is currently in dire straits.
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:00 - Dec 17 with 3433 viewsGowerjack

This orthodoxy about clueless Bob being apponted for marketing reasons....

I mean seriously

What the f uck is all that about?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:06 - Dec 17 with 3397 viewsjack2jack

Unfortunately, it wasn't a gamble, it was planned as soon as the new owners walked in the door,it is a decision that thus far has failed, and will continue to fail.
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:09 - Dec 17 with 3385 viewsBloodyhills

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:00 - Dec 17 by Gowerjack

I mean seriously

Do you seriously think he was appointed for football reasons and if not why do you think he was appointed?

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:11 - Dec 17 with 3376 viewsdobjack2

I mean seriously

If people don't believe that he was appointed because of his coaching abilities then they will speculate about why he was appointed. The swans becoming americas sweethearts with an American manager as a marketing ploy is one of those theories.
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:15 - Dec 17 with 3346 viewsporschejack

Bob is here to stay , and you'll all turn up week after week , get used to it .
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:41 - Dec 17 with 3272 viewsGowerjack

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:09 - Dec 17 by Bloodyhills

Do you seriously think he was appointed for football reasons and if not why do you think he was appointed?

F ack me no.

Is that what I said?

I don't think so.

I was questioning the widely held belief that Clueless Bob would make us some red hot USA sports sensation.

Despite all the evidence tonthe contrary.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:51 - Dec 17 with 3229 viewsWxmJax

We were between 40/1 and 50/1 to go down before the season began and I'm sad to say that I thought of having a bet on it simply because I was worried about what might happen under the new owners when they took the reins. Sad to say I was on to something.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:59 - Dec 17 with 3195 viewsClinton

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:15 - Dec 17 by porschejack

Bob is here to stay , and you'll all turn up week after week , get used to it .

All true, I'll be there Boxing Day.
COYS

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Login to get fewer ads

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 01:57 - Dec 18 with 3080 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:51 - Dec 17 by WxmJax

We were between 40/1 and 50/1 to go down before the season began and I'm sad to say that I thought of having a bet on it simply because I was worried about what might happen under the new owners when they took the reins. Sad to say I was on to something.

Perhaps some of our old and new directors thought those odds to good to ignore and splashed a couple of hundred grand on that scenario. After doing their utmost to ensure it becomes reality by sh*t recruitment and applying a rank amateur to preside over it. Perhaps Bradley's on a relegation bonus.

100,000 X 40 = 4 million . Easy money!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 03:31 - Dec 18 with 3023 viewsMyFinalHeaven

I mean seriously

It's clear as fvcking day that the appointment of Bradley was for marketing reasons. How you can't see this is beyond me. Why else was he appointed? Levien and Kaplan had never even met Bradley prior to them appointing him. But they know absolutely nothing about football and he was practically the only American manager they knew of, and in their infinite wisdom, thought he could actually be the man to achieve what they so desperately wanted--to make us the soccer darlings of their native USA and use us to galvanize support of the sport there, something that Lerner, Hicks, Short, and Gillet all tried and failed to do. No doubt both those cvnts Levien and Kaplan were hoping to be memorialized by the American press with JTAK type documentaries and features.

The yanks aren't particularly bright. They've proved this time and time again since they took us over. The plan was to appoint a familiar American name with the hope of attracting American viewership and support. Levien blabbed on and on in his first press conference on how he'd love to "tap into the American market." While I'm not averse to trying to attract American fans, appointing Bradley was ABSOLUTELY not the way to do it. In fact, it was just about the worst and most stupid fvcking way possible.

Even Bradley and Donovan could hardly contain themselves when Bob was made the manager. Both of them talked to the press about what a "big opportunity" this was for soccer in America.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 3:38]

Come on you Swans.

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 07:16 - Dec 18 with 2916 viewsSwaneeRiver

IMHO Bob was offered and took the dream job to get the chance to manage in the Premiership.
We've all done thing (taken the wrong job, married the wrong woman, bought the wrong house, etc) which in hindsight you realise you've made a big mistake and for the sake of all concerned you have admit it and give it up as a bad job, or someone does it for you.
This has to happen this week - either Bob has to be man enough to admit he's out of his depth or the club has to make that decision for him.
He came with the best intentions on his part, but enough is enough.
Sorry Bob, it has to end now.
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 08:19 - Dec 18 with 2773 viewsJinxy

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 07:16 - Dec 18 by SwaneeRiver

IMHO Bob was offered and took the dream job to get the chance to manage in the Premiership.
We've all done thing (taken the wrong job, married the wrong woman, bought the wrong house, etc) which in hindsight you realise you've made a big mistake and for the sake of all concerned you have admit it and give it up as a bad job, or someone does it for you.
This has to happen this week - either Bob has to be man enough to admit he's out of his depth or the club has to make that decision for him.

I imagine he'll wait to be pushed in order to be paid off. Sadly, football management is one of few positions that reward failure (handsomely too), even more so than actually remaining in the job.
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 22:25 - Dec 19 with 2546 viewsLandore_Jack

There is an online petition:

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/bradley-out/sign.html#se

#backtojack

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 22:32 - Dec 19 with 2504 viewsymaohyd

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 07:16 - Dec 18 by SwaneeRiver

Spot on, although he aint going to jack it in and say goodbye to a severance payment. In principal though, agree with you entirely.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 22:36 - Dec 19 with 2466 viewsJango

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 23:51 - Dec 17 by WxmJax

We were never anywhere near odds that high. I've got a tenner on Leicester to get relegated at 50/1 and that was the day they won the league. Swans have always been around 4/1 or less
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 22:39 - Dec 19 with 2451 viewsLeonWasGod

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 22:32 - Dec 19 by ymaohyd

Spot on, although he aint going to jack it in and say goodbye to a severance payment. In principal though, agree with you entirely.

He's not going to walk and he's not going to be pushed any time soon. Get used to it everyone!

It sounds very much like we're going to blunder through the next transfer window and by the time they do get rid it will be far too late. And the next guy will then have zero chance. Hope I'm wrong, but that's my prediction.
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 22:43 - Dec 19 with 2428 viewstwintownjack

"The yanks aren't particularly bright"
Discuss - No, don't bother
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 22:45 - Dec 19 with 2400 viewsymaohyd

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 22:39 - Dec 19 by LeonWasGod

He's not going to walk and he's not going to be pushed any time soon. Get used to it everyone!

It sounds very much like we're going to blunder through the next transfer window and by the time they do get rid it will be far too late. And the next guy will then have zero chance. Hope I'm wrong, but that's my prediction.

The buyout and everything connected to it has been a disaster.

The new owners communication with the fans, decision making etc etc has been as bad as everything has been good during our premier league years.

I'd love to see Bob turn it around, seems a good bloke who is giving it everything. As you say though, he's here to stay which I find utterly incredible.

To make matters worse HJ is still around. Just wish he would do the decent thing and just fu ck off.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 12:00 - Dec 20 with 2166 viewsDafyddHuw

I mean seriously

What?

Is there a PS award for "thickest post of the year"?
Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 14:20 - Dec 20 with 2061 viewsNookiejack

Time's Up Bob - Gamble Failed on 22:36 - Dec 19 by Jango

We were never anywhere near odds that high. I've got a tenner on Leicester to get relegated at 50/1 and that was the day they won the league. Swans have always been around 4/1 or less

Is 5/6 good value at the moment?

We look certainties unless we don't get cut adrift by Jan transfer window and we can then make 3 quality signings to tighthten up our defence and strengthen our midfield.

5/6 looks good value as maybe should be 1/3 or 2/5?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024