Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Regrets 11:01 - Dec 18 with 3870 viewsDarran

Does anyone else think some of the ex-board members/sellouts regret selling to the Yanks?

As brutal as it sounds if things continue in this manner it's surely going to be very difficult for them and their families to go to the Liberty for many years to come.
Not being able to go and watch Swansea City play live is sure to be life changing for some.

(This post has nothing to do with violence either)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Regrets on 13:14 - Dec 18 with 1100 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

They took us as far as they could & then blew it all.

I'd be gutted , i mean how much money do people want.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Regrets on 13:27 - Dec 18 with 1062 viewsjackofalltrades

I don't see why they would regret selling out to the Yanks. They knew exactly what they were doing and got what they wanted. I would hope that there are a lot of decisions that they do bitterly regret mainly centring around appalling player and manager recruitment and non recruitment. But as the same mistakes were repeated time and again - with the cheap option being the common denominator -I am probably being charitable and the reality is they don't give a stuff.
Regrets on 13:35 - Dec 18 with 1037 viewsmonmouth

If they regret it, it will be for the same reason that they did it. Narrow, introspective, personal self-interest.

That is, because they fear the repercussions, and not because of the act itself. Like apologising for being caught rather than what you did.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Regrets on 13:35 - Dec 18 with 1031 views3swan

Regrets on 11:02 - Dec 18 by Shonky

I would think its the Yanks who have the regrets. The old board tucked them up. They(Yanks) seem a lot more genuine than the outgoing mob.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 11:03]

"They(Yanks) seem a lot more genuine than the outgoing mob."

I have contempt for what the sellers have done, but let's not big up the buyers.

Their first action was to ignore and hide the sale from a 21% shareholder.......................is that action more genuine
Regrets on 13:37 - Dec 18 with 1023 viewsShonky

Regrets on 13:35 - Dec 18 by 3swan

"They(Yanks) seem a lot more genuine than the outgoing mob."

I have contempt for what the sellers have done, but let's not big up the buyers.

Their first action was to ignore and hide the sale from a 21% shareholder.......................is that action more genuine

Saying they seem more genuine than the sellers isn't saying much though is it? No ones bigging up anyone.

Its just a ride...

Regrets on 13:41 - Dec 18 with 1012 views3swan

Regrets on 12:55 - Dec 18 by waynekerr55

The fact that they still draw a salary and/or laud it up on social media tells me that there is zero regret whatsoever.

They have the morals of a sewer rat

Drawing a big salary say's it all to me.
They has time to think and reflect when the original sale fell through.
What they did was reflect and then go covert, does that show any thought that they would have regrets.
In addition they had months to understand the feelings after the sale was announced in March until finalization.
Regrets on 13:44 - Dec 18 with 1003 views3swan

Regrets on 13:37 - Dec 18 by Shonky

Saying they seem more genuine than the sellers isn't saying much though is it? No ones bigging up anyone.

I haven't seen anything to show that they are genuine. The actions of the sellers is there for all to see, the actions of the buyers............... is debatable to say the least
Regrets on 13:48 - Dec 18 with 986 viewsJoe_bradshaw

They're so genuine they've excluded the 21% shareholding Trust from every major decision that they've made so far.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Regrets on 13:50 - Dec 18 with 975 viewsDafyddHuw

Regrets on 13:02 - Dec 18 by porschejack

They lived a life thats full and traveled each and every highway , but more , much more than this , they did it their way.

Wetting myself here at the wittiness of your post.
Regrets on 13:56 - Dec 18 with 961 viewsDewi1jack

Regrets on 13:41 - Dec 18 by 3swan

Drawing a big salary say's it all to me.
They has time to think and reflect when the original sale fell through.
What they did was reflect and then go covert, does that show any thought that they would have regrets.
In addition they had months to understand the feelings after the sale was announced in March until finalization.

This.

Act in haste repent at leisure.
Bit easier with a few £million in the bank.

Morgan didn't have to sell either. He wasn't short of a few quid even if his Mrs wanted 50% of everything.
Would have given her around 13% of the shares they held (roughly before anyone works out the exact.)
Still left him with around 12- 13 % of the shares. Joined up with the Trust would have made the Merrycans job a bit harder.

So no.
I don't think they have any regrets and none of them should be welcome around Swansea.
That doesn't extend to the families. Although the wives were probably consulted so were also in the know.

Me.
If I'd sold the shares like they did and was watching the anger bubbling to the surface, I'd take the money, my family and start anew somewhere.
I be too worried by some of our 'eaders attacking/ going after my family.
And they're the most important to me.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Regrets on 13:58 - Dec 18 with 953 viewsShonky

yes but are they more genuine than the sellers? Dont bother replying, Im

Its just a ride...

Regrets on 14:03 - Dec 18 with 930 viewsNookiejack

The only thing they will regret is not staying up for 1 more season as then they could have argued that had passed the baton onto the Yanks. The wins against Liverpool and Chelsea towards the end of last season - against their second strings gave HJ a false sense of security and he thought he could get away without replacing Williams and Ayew. In himdsight should have at least invested in Allen and Chadli and a solid centre back.
Regrets on 16:03 - Dec 18 with 851 viewsLord_Bony

Regrets on 11:22 - Dec 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Regrets, they'll have a few but then again, too few to mention.

All together now...

"Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way"

Huw Jenkins 2016

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Regrets on 18:39 - Dec 18 with 781 viewsOldjack

I'm sure they'll be crying all the way to the bank , their choice fuk em

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Regrets on 19:03 - Dec 18 with 763 viewsLoyal

Regrets on 13:07 - Dec 18 by owainglyndwr

The Chinese wanted to also put investment into the City as well as the Swans.
But I guess these scum bags got a couple of quid more from the Americans.
They got greedy and thats the bottom line

They have 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024