Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things will soon be sorted. 18:23 - Jan 14 with 5187 viewsperplex

Huw and our wonderful scouts have got the wheels in motion, we have the Dutch sick note for new attacking options, the beast Carrol to bulk up our midfield and exciting Yearly relegated full back Olsson about to join so it`s just a matter of time before things will start to pick up.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 18:26]
Things will soon be sorted. on 20:48 - Jan 15 with 1025 viewsjasfan

The board is often credited with making sound managerial appointments and this I believe is somewhat justified, especially in relation to that of the "cheap option" in Roberto Martinez who transformed the football team's professionalism and style. However subsequent appointments have been made more by accident than design. Brendan Rodgers was appointed after two candidates John Hughes and Paul Tisdale had declined an offer of the manager's job. The intervention of John Toshack meant that Michael Laudrup who had four good players lined up was appointed, and not HJ's preferred choice Ian Holloway.

What all our successful managers (promotion or cup winning) since 2003 have had in common is a significant influence in player acquisition, that enabled them to build a team capable of playing their chosen style. In the last two seasons the board have appointed several managers in short succession without these attributes, and this has has resulted in a squad short on quality and no distinct style of play. Hopefully the new manager will be allowed sufficient say in the choice of players we recruit in the remainder of the window.
Things will soon be sorted. on 20:53 - Jan 15 with 1006 viewsNOTRAC

Excellent post Jasfan

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Things will soon be sorted. on 21:00 - Jan 15 with 971 viewsjack2jack

Things will soon be sorted. on 19:57 - Jan 15 by ManBearSwan2

As was I

I know
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024