Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window 04:49 - Jan 31 with 4017 viewsFerrieBodde

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer-

PC: "I will not be on the phone when the game is on, I am confident we are wrapped up on everything."

=/

Not sure if we did enough in this window to stay up. We could really use a right back, a defensive midfielder, and perhaps another centre half.
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 04:59 - Jan 31 with 4010 viewsBloodyhills

I thought we desperately needed a CB and defensive midfielder. Lets hope we stay up. Crossing fingers.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 05:24 - Jan 31 with 3984 viewsFerrieBodde

We seriously need to replace Naughton. The guy's been a COMPLETE liability, and I'm really surprised that we didn't go out and get a new right back. I've seriously lost track of all the goals he's been directly responsible for thus far this season. He literally can NEVER stop the cross or block a shot.

It's incredible how in all the 3 seasons he's been here he's never been able to establish himself as the undisputed starter and has been routinely outplayed and kept on the bench by the guy he was intended to replace. The fact that we bought a guy who is unable to displace a 34 year old on his last legs and nearing retirement is shocking.

When managers, fans, and pundits alike talk about English players being overpriced and overrated, they're talking about players like Naughton. Spurs must have been laughing all the way to the bank that they got £5m for him.
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 05:38 - Jan 31 with 3965 viewsNOTRAC

We have let in 31 goals in the last 11 games.
Alfie Mawson has been central defender in 8 of those games and in those games we have had 20 goals scored against us.It is no better when he has been dropped.In fact it is worse with 11 goals against us in 3 games.
And we don't need a new central defender?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 05:42 - Jan 31 with 3959 viewsTom1912

Mawson should have been signed for the future. Would have been good for him to be an understudy to Williams for a few years and instead we've dropped him in at the deep end as a replacement. Loads of potential but I think we could have really done with getting an experienced pro in. Hard to do in January though especially with the loan market.
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:05 - Jan 31 with 3785 viewspremierjack

I don't think we need a new CB, our whole team has been shocking under BB, we didn't defend from the front, our midfield was pathetic so it's no surprise that our unorganised defence would concede goals every week when they are under constant pressure. Then confidence drops, the whole team gave up and the manager had no way of changing anything.

With our new attacking/midfield players we should see more of the ball, create more chances and generally give the other team something to worry about so they can't just all keep coming forward for 90 minutes. That will give our more organised defence under PC a breather, more confidence and we will start picking up results.

I honestly believe that you could have picked any CB in the world to play for us under BB and it wouldn't have made any difference!!!

We will stay up.
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:28 - Jan 31 with 3746 viewsNOTRAC

Our win against Liverpool saw our worst possession rate of the season at26%.
Under Bradley we lost 4-1 to West Ham and had 51% of possession.Likewise against West Brom we had 57% of possession.
There is no real signs that our defence will be capable of turning things around with Clement here than previously .In the last two games we have conceded 6 goals.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:28 - Jan 31 with 3741 viewsLoyal

So basically then Huw signed all the January transfer players that we already had sorted near enough before Clement came in. He needs to think, as I said he needs to think before he talks.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:37 - Jan 31 with 3716 viewsLandore_Jack

Disappointed to be honest. In my opinion we need a right back, centre back and a defensive midfielder. Possibly another striker since Borja is struggling.

#backtojack

Login to get fewer ads

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:41 - Jan 31 with 3696 viewsmagicdaps10

Think clement is just saying what he has been told. No way will he be happy with with no defensive signings eccept for Olsson.

Another Huw transfer window.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:43 - Jan 31 with 3683 viewsAnotherJohn

I was feeling positive after Liverpool, but much less so now, as I thought a central defender and RB should have been near the top of the priority list. Tonight and the game against Leicester are crucial now. Lose those and I don't think we''ll stay up.
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:48 - Jan 31 with 3656 viewsmagicdaps10

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:43 - Jan 31 by AnotherJohn

I was feeling positive after Liverpool, but much less so now, as I thought a central defender and RB should have been near the top of the priority list. Tonight and the game against Leicester are crucial now. Lose those and I don't think we''ll stay up.

Think that as much as the liverpool was fantastic, think it was a blessing in disguise for the board just brfore the window.....a naive move by the board if they dont deliver what we 100% desperately need.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 10:30 - Jan 31 with 3518 viewsDafyddHuw

This has been a really difficult window for the club.

They must have been torn between spending serious money to stay up, with the (real) possibility of going down and consequently being saddled in the Championship with players on Prem money, or to go for £5M buys, hoping to fill enough gaps to keep us up but if we don't then the club would still be solvent.

Easy to sit back and criticise.
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 12:17 - Jan 31 with 3398 viewssnork44

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 10:30 - Jan 31 by DafyddHuw

This has been a really difficult window for the club.

They must have been torn between spending serious money to stay up, with the (real) possibility of going down and consequently being saddled in the Championship with players on Prem money, or to go for £5M buys, hoping to fill enough gaps to keep us up but if we don't then the club would still be solvent.

Easy to sit back and criticise.

I do see your point of view, but we could have loaned in an experienced defender. Unfortunately we have an egotistical idiot as a chairman, who thinks he has the Midas touch when it comes to spotting a player and won't trust a manager who has been around most of the top clubs in England and Europe. As for the Americans,they are still gibbering in the corner over their 'Golden Boy' who had the managerial talent of a one eyed Skunk !!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 12:37 - Jan 31 with 3332 viewsAngelRangelQS

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 12:17 - Jan 31 by snork44

I do see your point of view, but we could have loaned in an experienced defender. Unfortunately we have an egotistical idiot as a chairman, who thinks he has the Midas touch when it comes to spotting a player and won't trust a manager who has been around most of the top clubs in England and Europe. As for the Americans,they are still gibbering in the corner over their 'Golden Boy' who had the managerial talent of a one eyed Skunk !!

I'd have loved for us to have loaned an experienced defender but have any been available? Bearing in mind they'd have probably needed the following attributes:-

Experienced - so over 25?
A Leader
English speaking (to help with his leading/organising)
Available
Willing to come

It was probably a very difficult search. Doesnt make it any less frustrating or disappointing though
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 13:17 - Jan 31 with 3214 viewsNeath_Jack

I love the transfer deadline day meltdowns on here.

Every single window without fail.

Posters going on like they're an actual authority on these things.

Go back to your championship manager games and sign Ronaldo ffs.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 13:18 - Jan 31 with 3210 viewsvetchonian

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:28 - Jan 31 by NOTRAC

Our win against Liverpool saw our worst possession rate of the season at26%.
Under Bradley we lost 4-1 to West Ham and had 51% of possession.Likewise against West Brom we had 57% of possession.
There is no real signs that our defence will be capable of turning things around with Clement here than previously .In the last two games we have conceded 6 goals.

In the last two games yes we conceded 6 goals but look at the quality of the opposition.
2 top 4 teams, against Arsenal 2 of those were "flukey" own goals and the other 2 against a Liverpool side who had not lost of home for 12 months

The CB partnership as many have discussed needs time to settle..to date the FF,AM pairing looks good. Clement has had 2 games ...the disaster that was Bradley swopped and changed the defence and had no clue how to organise the team leading to a drop in confidence which is important. People forget that we cam into this league with no PL experience amongst our players but we had a team who had played together and full of confidence. Getting that "experiemced" CB may not be as easy as it looks......due to cost,would thay fit in do they want to be in a relegation fight?
We have to trust Clement's judgement but then it always seems to be that our managers cannot see that we have s**t players even though our fans can

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 13:22 - Jan 31 with 3174 viewsLeonWasGod

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 05:42 - Jan 31 by Tom1912

Mawson should have been signed for the future. Would have been good for him to be an understudy to Williams for a few years and instead we've dropped him in at the deep end as a replacement. Loads of potential but I think we could have really done with getting an experienced pro in. Hard to do in January though especially with the loan market.

I think he was signed for the future. I suspect we thought Amat was ready to step up alongside FF, which is understandable given his decent performances up until this season.
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 13:28 - Jan 31 with 3133 viewsLeonWasGod

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 08:05 - Jan 31 by premierjack

I don't think we need a new CB, our whole team has been shocking under BB, we didn't defend from the front, our midfield was pathetic so it's no surprise that our unorganised defence would concede goals every week when they are under constant pressure. Then confidence drops, the whole team gave up and the manager had no way of changing anything.

With our new attacking/midfield players we should see more of the ball, create more chances and generally give the other team something to worry about so they can't just all keep coming forward for 90 minutes. That will give our more organised defence under PC a breather, more confidence and we will start picking up results.

I honestly believe that you could have picked any CB in the world to play for us under BB and it wouldn't have made any difference!!!

We will stay up.

It would be great to strengthen wherever we can, but I agree with a lot of that. We won't be as bad as we have been now we've got Clement sorting us out. Hopefully the Arsenal result will be a bit of a one-off for him; that was a harsh scoreline for the performance . We certainly looked more organised at Liverpool.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy with a direct replacement for Ash and a new right back. But we should just about have enough to stay up from here. It's in our own hands.

I'm worried about Hull. There are signs they're starting to turn the corner and they've made a couple of decent signings on paper, not least the manager.
Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 13:36 - Jan 31 with 3087 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 13:28 - Jan 31 by LeonWasGod

It would be great to strengthen wherever we can, but I agree with a lot of that. We won't be as bad as we have been now we've got Clement sorting us out. Hopefully the Arsenal result will be a bit of a one-off for him; that was a harsh scoreline for the performance . We certainly looked more organised at Liverpool.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be more than happy with a direct replacement for Ash and a new right back. But we should just about have enough to stay up from here. It's in our own hands.

I'm worried about Hull. There are signs they're starting to turn the corner and they've made a couple of decent signings on paper, not least the manager.

They've cashed in on several key players of their 1st team, others are injured.
Just got thumped in the cup by Fulham - only won twice in th league since new manager has come in.
I'm not worried by them.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 14:22 - Jan 31 with 2996 viewsBonjour

Clement says that we're done signing players for this window on 13:22 - Jan 31 by LeonWasGod

I think he was signed for the future. I suspect we thought Amat was ready to step up alongside FF, which is understandable given his decent performances up until this season.

I'm sorry but anyone who thought Amat was ready to step up was seriously under the influence of some strong substance or other.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024