Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists 15:44 - Jun 4 with 9767 viewsValerie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34832023

It will be interesting see him squirm out of his views on this after yesterday.

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 22:46 - Jun 5 with 1578 viewsHeadmaster

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 22:24 - Jun 5 by Yossarian

I'm going to have to agree with you. Sadly. I wonder where we'd be with a shadow cabinet that contained Andy Burnham, Liz Kendall, Yvette Cooper and Hilary Benn instead of Diane Abbott and Emily Thornberry? Mind you, if McCluskey hadn't stuck his nose in David Milliband would be looking at his third term......
We can but dream.

Liz Kendall and Hillary Benn? These people are the reason why Corbyn is leader of the Labour Party in the first place!
Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 23:01 - Jun 5 with 1558 viewsKilkennyjack

corbyn is not against shoot to kill if needed to keep people safe.

Jezza has not damaged our police forces like Theresa the Appeaser has ....

Beware of the Risen People

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 23:19 - Jun 5 with 1546 viewsYossarian

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 22:46 - Jun 5 by Headmaster

Liz Kendall and Hillary Benn? These people are the reason why Corbyn is leader of the Labour Party in the first place!

With respect you are wrong. Liz Kendall stood against him and Benn was appointed shadow foreign secretary by Corbyn and the resigned. If you want to know who is responsible for him being elected, look at the dull kents in the PLP who nominated him on the ballot and also Len McCluskey who put his massive union vote behind him.
One of those idiots in the PLP who signed Corbyn's nomination and then didn't actually vote for him was Huw Iranca-Davies. I was in school with him when he was just plain Huw Davies and he was as thick then as he clearly is now. Mind you, he didn't hang around long after his master stroke. He got himself elected at that other talking shop and you often see him sitting behind Carolyn like an imbecilic nodding donkey. Labour collectively shot itself in the foot....exactly like it did in the 1980s.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 23:21 - Jun 5 with 1544 viewsYossarian

Should have said Carwyn- Ferkin IPad...

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 23:23 - Jun 5 with 1541 viewslondonlisa2001

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 23:19 - Jun 5 by Yossarian

With respect you are wrong. Liz Kendall stood against him and Benn was appointed shadow foreign secretary by Corbyn and the resigned. If you want to know who is responsible for him being elected, look at the dull kents in the PLP who nominated him on the ballot and also Len McCluskey who put his massive union vote behind him.
One of those idiots in the PLP who signed Corbyn's nomination and then didn't actually vote for him was Huw Iranca-Davies. I was in school with him when he was just plain Huw Davies and he was as thick then as he clearly is now. Mind you, he didn't hang around long after his master stroke. He got himself elected at that other talking shop and you often see him sitting behind Carolyn like an imbecilic nodding donkey. Labour collectively shot itself in the foot....exactly like it did in the 1980s.

Gowerton boy then?
Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 00:02 - Jun 6 with 1510 viewsKilkennyjack

No police cuts in Scotland though. God bless Saint Nicola.

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 01:20 - Jun 6 with 1487 viewsKerouac

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/813329/Jeremy-Corbyn-ISIS-backers-NOT-pro

He said all of these things in the House of Parliament, although I am sure that somebody very clever....so much more clever than the likes of me...will be along shortly to claim that this is obviously all bollocks because the article is from the express
[Yawn]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 11:33 - Jun 6 with 1434 viewsmajorraglan

This thread started off about Jeremy Corbyn's views on "Shoot to kill". I posted a link to an article in the Guardian earlier in the thread which explains the position with regards to "reasonable force" and police firearms officers and anyone else using force have to comply with that legislation. They are held to account

The Telegraph online has an article that says Theresa May backs "Shoot to kill", I can't see with the law as it is now how a shoot to kill policy would be lawful. The IPCC investigate the police use of firearms and the emphasis would be on reasonable force, firearms officers operating a "Shoot to Kill" policy without some real top level cover will find themselves under investigation for criminal offences.

The police work on a "shoot to stop" basis and "reasonable force" would allow the taking of someone's life in the most extreme cases. Do the police need a "Shoot to kill" policy or something is it political shenanigans... you can draw your own conclusions.

Edit -typos
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 12:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 11:38 - Jun 6 with 1431 viewsBrynmill_Jack

To the OP - Corbyn squirming? If that's the case Teresa must be squirming x1000!

No wonder she won't speak to more than 3 people and a cow in Wrexham this morning!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 11:57 - Jun 6 with 1420 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 11:38 - Jun 6 by Brynmill_Jack

To the OP - Corbyn squirming? If that's the case Teresa must be squirming x1000!

No wonder she won't speak to more than 3 people and a cow in Wrexham this morning!

There was a big chicken there .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 12:06 - Jun 6 with 1410 viewsLohengrin

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 11:38 - Jun 6 by Brynmill_Jack

The other way of looking at it is courting the rural vote which, as I've said umpteen times on here, Labour conspicuously fail to do. Does it even have any extra-urban organisation?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 15:10 - Jun 6 with 1370 viewsHeadmaster

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 23:19 - Jun 5 by Yossarian

Corbyn was elected leader by the party members, the vast majority of which wanted a change from the centrist Neoliberalism that had dominated the party since Blair. The other candidates, including Liz Kendall, and much of the PLP, including Hillary Benn, represent the exact opposite of what the members wanted. You can disagree with that of course, but that is the reason why Corbyn won (and also won again in the 2016 leadership contest by a larger margin).

This is not dissimilar to what happened in the United States. Bernie Sanders' rise in popularity against the Democratic establishment happened for the same reasons. I would even argue he would have been the Democratic nominee if it weren't for the shenanigans of the DNC in their favouring of Hillary Clinton (as shown by the Wikileaks emails).

So, with both Labour and the Democrats, we are left with a situation where the party members want change towards the left, while the establishment of each party want the status quo. Again, you don't have to like it, but that's how it is.
Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 19:26 - Jun 6 with 1351 viewsKilkennyjack

Corbyn against police shoot to kill at terrorists on 01:20 - Jun 6 by Kerouac

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/813329/Jeremy-Corbyn-ISIS-backers-NOT-pro

He said all of these things in the House of Parliament, although I am sure that somebody very clever....so much more clever than the likes of me...will be along shortly to claim that this is obviously all bollocks because the article is from the express
[Yawn]

This is obviously all bollocks as it comes from the Express.....

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024