Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. 20:19 - Jul 5 with 11638 viewsJackBishop

I was in Cardiff today at a conference and had to sit with a bunch of local noises. The conversation was about Cardiff and how the lack of a club in the Prem was hampering raising the profile of the city. They were listing the advantages they had over the Swans of a bigger ground, larger fan base and a more populous hinterland. Plus Cardiff is the capital city and is more prosperous and a bigger economic hub.
Eventually I was asked where I was from and I was able to say the home of the only Premier club in Wales and I have a season ticket. I was described as lucky and my parentage doubted. They are really not happy with the situation!!
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:04 - Jul 6 with 2130 viewsOldjack

''Some people tell me that Swansea is the enemy, Swansea for Pete's sake!

"There is nothing wrong with Swansea but is that the extent of our ambition?

"Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they will say so, if Swansea fans are Welsh and want to see top class football in Wales, then they should recognise that Cardiff City is the only Welsh club with a cat in hell's chance of making it.'' cracks me up does this every-time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:06 - Jul 6 with 2122 viewstaffpunk

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:04 - Jul 6 by Oldjack

''Some people tell me that Swansea is the enemy, Swansea for Pete's sake!

"There is nothing wrong with Swansea but is that the extent of our ambition?

"Swansea will never be a big club and if they are honest with themselves they will say so, if Swansea fans are Welsh and want to see top class football in Wales, then they should recognise that Cardiff City is the only Welsh club with a cat in hell's chance of making it.'' cracks me up does this every-time

And sadly some high profile supporters fell for it, mostly the ones who only started going when Hamman took over.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 20:09]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:11 - Jul 6 with 2110 viewsTNT

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:20 - Jul 6 by taffpunk

Whatever turns you on Pencoed Plastic, been working in your town as well this week. Off topic, it's got a really small shopping centre for the size of the place hasn't it, never mind easy enough to pop on the train to the big City for your treats!

Hope you've got a big shop by your house. Maybe it'll compensate for you having a small (and shrinking) football club.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:14 - Jul 6 with 2107 viewshammy

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 08:32 - Jul 6 by monmouth

I love the description. Swansea the authentic interesting partner, Cardiff the bimbo.

I like Bristol too, spend a lot of time there for work, but I prefer Cardiff to visit. I like the park and some of the open spaces. Plus it has the purple poppadom, which I think is the finest Indian restaurant within easy range. It annoys me how much money has been poured in, but I think they've done a decent job. It's a decent day out.

You are right that it will never have any soul. It does feel a bit like one of those converted ghastly gastropubs, with its manufactured bay and its sham castle. I do think the football club and the w*anky "entitled capitol" attitude of the populace colours people's views of the actual city though.

Ah the Purple Poppadom, bloody marvellous restaurant 😀

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:35 - Jul 6 with 2074 viewstaffpunk

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:11 - Jul 6 by TNT

Hope you've got a big shop by your house. Maybe it'll compensate for you having a small (and shrinking) football club.

I live in Pentre in the Rhondda, there are enough shops for the size of the place.

I'm not that bothered if the Bluebirds are small, big or shrinking...
I support my nearest Professional Football League Club, simple as that. I see no reason why any true football fan would do any different. I've supported them when they were rock bottom, and when they've been doing reasonably well, I can't see me ever stopping.

If I was born in, or lived near Swansea when I was a youngster, I'd be supporting you through thick and thin. The same would apply if it was Scunthorpe!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:51 - Jul 6 with 2049 viewsDDCH

Have you ever noticed the Bridgend/Pyle/Cornelly/Porthcawl cardiff supporters are always really weird? I have worked down that way and they are usually the strange kid who used to eat crayons in school.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:57 - Jul 6 with 2029 viewsJennyLohnrose

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 18:01 - Jul 6 by taffpunk

TBF mostly interesting comments. I remember reading the excellent Jackmail fanzine back in the day, your crowds were a fair bit less than ours at the time, the Editor didn't care, as he was proud that your support came mostly from Swansea, and he didn't really want people from the Valleys and elsewhere supporting yourselves.

Though it certainly doesn't drive myself or anyone I know 'bonkers' it isn't surprising how times have changed, success is sadly everything in today's world.

IMO you should support your nearest Professional football League team, obviously you now have people who don't agree following yourselves, I blame the parents.
Sadly due to the lack of expansion they'll never get to see an actual game.
Your Premiership 'plastics' will soon go back to 'supporting' Liverpool and Man U.
Good luck next season, I hope you lose every game

Jackmail was indeed an excellent read. Though the editor was actually from Port Talbot not Swansea. Pretty sure he didn't really care where Swansea supporters came from! Btw, we're talking late 80s / early 90s here. Think you'll find there wasn't much difference between both club's support at this time.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 21:09 - Jul 6 with 2002 viewslonglostjack

You never used to see anybody wearing a Swans shirts in Cwmbran or Abergavenny. Thankfully those days are long gone !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 22:46 - Jul 6 with 1926 viewsGeoffThom

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:35 - Jul 6 by taffpunk

I live in Pentre in the Rhondda, there are enough shops for the size of the place.

I'm not that bothered if the Bluebirds are small, big or shrinking...
I support my nearest Professional Football League Club, simple as that. I see no reason why any true football fan would do any different. I've supported them when they were rock bottom, and when they've been doing reasonably well, I can't see me ever stopping.

If I was born in, or lived near Swansea when I was a youngster, I'd be supporting you through thick and thin. The same would apply if it was Scunthorpe!

Pentre ? Wonder what the mileage is to Swansea from there over the top ,and the mileage to Cardiff centre ,bet there's not much in it ?
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:02 - Jul 6 with 1903 viewscontroversial_jack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:51 - Jul 6 by DDCH

Have you ever noticed the Bridgend/Pyle/Cornelly/Porthcawl cardiff supporters are always really weird? I have worked down that way and they are usually the strange kid who used to eat crayons in school.

I find the Cardiff supporters from P Talbot are really weird, very bitter too.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:12 - Jul 6 with 1882 viewsBanosswan

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 22:46 - Jul 6 by GeoffThom

Pentre ? Wonder what the mileage is to Swansea from there over the top ,and the mileage to Cardiff centre ,bet there's not much in it ?

25 miles to the liberty, 21 to CCC. Let's hope he doesn't move just up the road.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:19 - Jul 6 with 1863 viewsLoyal

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:57 - Jul 6 by JennyLohnrose

Jackmail was indeed an excellent read. Though the editor was actually from Port Talbot not Swansea. Pretty sure he didn't really care where Swansea supporters came from! Btw, we're talking late 80s / early 90s here. Think you'll find there wasn't much difference between both club's support at this time.

Was that zine something to do with Jonesy ?
Or Brydons brother ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:22 - Jul 6 with 1862 viewsowainglyndwr

I hate the scumbags but to be fair to Taffpunk the links from there to Cardiff are easier.
But they are like sheep.
In Lille watching wales fans from Blackwood tried to give it big to Steve from the railway, but walked away with thIs tails between their legs.
With loads of ENGLAND supporters laughing at them because most had never been to watch Cardiff play.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 00:34 - Jul 7 with 1820 viewsBrynmill_Jack

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:48 - Jul 5 by monmouth

I never understand why anyone conflates Cardiff, the City, with Cardiff City, the shitty. The former is a fine place to visit, eat, drink and shop in. The second is an irretrievable losing laughing-stock heap of the worst foul toley in the history of football, bar milwall. And that last point is arguable.

I was referring to the OP's colleagues and their attitude about almost being entitled to having a premier league football club solely because they live in the capital of a non sovereign nation. That's all.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 06:28 - Jul 7 with 1770 viewsglobus10

If Llanelli is a barometer of our support and our success,then as a Jack who has worked there for 11 years . When I first arrived I did see a few Cardiff jerseys and not many Swans , mostly men in their 50/60's. However in last 5 years you see the odd codger with their discreet Ccfc shirts or hats but lots of youngsters with Swans jerseys. Mind you I think all Turks are born with those hideous scarlet tops!!!!!
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 07:26 - Jul 7 with 1729 viewstaffpunk

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 23:12 - Jul 6 by Banosswan

25 miles to the liberty, 21 to CCC. Let's hope he doesn't move just up the road.

35 to the Liberty the mountain way from Pentre, 31 the Motorway way. It's 22.5 to Cardiff's ground.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 07:28 - Jul 7 with 1721 viewstaffpunk

8/9 miles difference according to Google maps, must admit I thought it was more than that.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 07:32 - Jul 7 with 1715 viewstaffpunk

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 20:57 - Jul 6 by JennyLohnrose

I'm not going to fuss to dig the Issue out, got hundreds of zines in the house from back then. The article/comments were something about how when he stands on the NB he was pleased to know that the people around him were from the Swansea area, and not from Ponty This, Ponty that, or other obscure Valley towns, words to that effect.

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 09:42 - Jul 7 with 1644 viewsUppa_Swans

On the Llanelli point, I listen to a rugby radio show quite regularly and they were speculating that our success has been a reason for the Scarlets' dwindling crowds (despite their relative progress).
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 12:14 - Jul 7 with 1572 viewsaberhugh

The key to all of this is staying in the Premier League. The longer we are there the deeper the notion is embedded that we are the team to support in Wales. However, we need to got the youngsters on board. The upcoming friendly should have been priced a lot cheaper and with a nominal charge for kids, same should apply for cup games.
If a modest steady stadium expansion could be undertaken this ensures long term support.
If we drop out of the top league none of this is so relevant we are quickly reduced to core support based on a poor economy.
Last season was a real watershed, a club our size must fight tooth and nail to retain our status.
It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 17:31 - Jul 7 with 1451 viewsPrivate_Partz

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 12:14 - Jul 7 by aberhugh

The key to all of this is staying in the Premier League. The longer we are there the deeper the notion is embedded that we are the team to support in Wales. However, we need to got the youngsters on board. The upcoming friendly should have been priced a lot cheaper and with a nominal charge for kids, same should apply for cup games.
If a modest steady stadium expansion could be undertaken this ensures long term support.
If we drop out of the top league none of this is so relevant we are quickly reduced to core support based on a poor economy.
Last season was a real watershed, a club our size must fight tooth and nail to retain our status.

Great post and absolutely spot on.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 17:45 - Jul 7 with 1440 viewsJackBishop

It drives the Scummers f*cking bonkers. on 12:14 - Jul 7 by aberhugh

Agree 100%. Top man!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024