Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Bony signed? 22:41 - Aug 31 with 7594 viewsHugeEnkins

It's all gone quiet. One hell of a medical.
Has Bony signed? on 23:27 - Aug 31 with 1153 viewswhoflungdung

Frankly,if they make a good profit t,we stay up and we are then sold to people with real money I d be happy..ish

We re stuck with the owners and Jenkins and until both are gone we ll have this bitchfest.

Selling out is ok in my eyes but it's to whom.

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Has Bony signed? on 23:32 - Aug 31 with 1106 viewsairedale

Has Bony signed? on 23:21 - Aug 31 by GTCJack

Bony 2. What a strange choice of number

Are you saying that Bony is number2? You should've seen Schecter!
Has Bony signed? on 23:34 - Aug 31 with 1077 viewsJackSkellington

Has Bony signed? on 23:18 - Aug 31 by keeptrundlingon

I tell you what chaps. I don't care who disagrees with me here. But this evening I've faced the horrible truth which is that the board are going to use this club as their own private ATM. I was so hopeful this morning that we would get Sanches, Bony, Chadli and possibly Arias too. Clement told us he was looking to get two players in. Well we will get Sanches and Bony but we have lost Llorente. They owe us a player really.

Also why have we no ambition?

In:
Mesa £11m
Clucas £15m
Bony £12m
Sanches £4.5m

Total: £42.5m

Out:
Cork: £10m
Gomis: must be at least £3m
LLorente: £12m
Sigurdsson: £40

Total: £65m

Net spend: - £22.5m

We had a great chance here to push on and have a great little squad but I fear it's all about profit and nothing else. I'm furious.

Sky have been saying that we did put in a bid of £17m for Chadli, but it was rejected by WBA because they wanted "closer to £26m". Personally I'd say £17-18m would be about right. No one is ever going to pay £26m for Chadli, WBA are totally taking the píss with that valuation. Can't blame our board for that one, they'd have been slagged to high hell on here if we'd paid £26m for him.
Has Bony signed? on 23:39 - Aug 31 with 1051 viewsmacthejack

Has Bony signed? on 23:25 - Aug 31 by keeptrundlingon

You are right it's even worse , £27.5m profit. Disgusting.

Well we don't know the exact costs but yes we can assume that we made a 20-30mil profit.

We made a sizeable profit last summer and many people, myself included, were echoing the same sentiments you've expressed in this thread but then that money was used in January.

I'm still sceptical of the new board but I really don't believe they're the antichrist that some on here make them out to be. Dr Winston put it pretty well in another thread.
Has Bony signed? on 23:47 - Aug 31 with 1006 viewskeeptrundlingon

Has Bony signed? on 23:39 - Aug 31 by macthejack

Well we don't know the exact costs but yes we can assume that we made a 20-30mil profit.

We made a sizeable profit last summer and many people, myself included, were echoing the same sentiments you've expressed in this thread but then that money was used in January.

I'm still sceptical of the new board but I really don't believe they're the antichrist that some on here make them out to be. Dr Winston put it pretty well in another thread.

Fair point but I feel we only spend in January because we were up shit creek without a paddle. Realistically we should be spending money at least some transfer windows. You could even put together a case for us spending another £20 mil on top of the surplus £20-30m.

If all the money is going to be sensibly reinvested in the facilities, stadium etc then fine but I seriously doubt that will happen. I hope I'm wrong and that we have a great season.
Has Bony signed? on 23:48 - Aug 31 with 1000 viewsHugeEnkins

Has Bony signed? on 23:39 - Aug 31 by macthejack

You crazy number men. Stick to the crunching. Right now it's the Wilfred hour 👌
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024