Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are in a big hole 17:18 - Oct 28 with 2837 viewsrockn

I haven't posted for a while and I'm so sad to say I've become apathetic towards the Swans. I never thought it would happen, but it has sadly.

We have lost our identity we have become a slave to finance. We have basically taken the view 17th is fine every year, just keep the £££ rolling in. Let them eat cake.

It's dire, we have been dire now for years it goes back to the appointment of Garry Monk who started the slow decline towards monotonous sh1te 'pragmatic' football. When you start abandoning your footballing traditions it isn't long before you end up like all the rest.

I've argued for years with people from here regarding style of football and many even during our glory days would argue for more 'pragmatic' football as we were too offensive. I've always believed this to be wrong, we don't have the fanbase or financial backing to be just 'another club' our success was built on sound finances, shrewd appointments and attacking, dynamic football that took a RISK.

What we've become over several seasons now is a team that fears defeat. It's like a cricket captain who won't declare too soon because the other team could get the runs. No not for me, it's all about taking the initiative showing some belief and having some principles. Yes, if that means we lose so be it but I would rather we actually went for it not become a slave to the premier league.

It is time for some wholesale changes and to rediscover what made us proud to be Swans fans, it's time to get this club off its apathetic backside and start believing in itself again. If this won't happen then we need to make wholesale changes in personnel.

This is not based on today but several years now. Get it sorted.
We are in a big hole on 17:20 - Oct 28 with 2812 viewsTheResurrection

Rock,

Thanks for your first post in a while and for all the years where you could be arsed...

But now fack off and stop trying to bring the rest of everyone down to your low mood

This isn't facking therapy - go and get it if you need it.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

We are in a big hole on 17:22 - Oct 28 with 2785 viewsrockn

We are in a big hole on 17:20 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Rock,

Thanks for your first post in a while and for all the years where you could be arsed...

But now fack off and stop trying to bring the rest of everyone down to your low mood

Your post is symptomatic of what I'm talking about.
We are in a big hole on 17:25 - Oct 28 with 2764 viewsYossarian

We are in a big hole on 17:22 - Oct 28 by rockn

Your post is symptomatic of what I'm talking about.

Yeah- there were one or two lunatics that stayed in the Fuhrer Bunker till the bitter end. They believed the fairy tales too.....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

We are in a big hole on 17:41 - Oct 28 with 2683 viewsBytholWyn

Great post rockn, Pretty much sums up my feelings about the whole period since Garry Monk was appointed. Even in the season we managed 8th place the warning signs were clearly there. It boils down to appointing pragmatic managers time after time in sharp contrast to the idealists who preceded them. We had a brand of football that was great to watch and successful - what more do you want? I can at least partly understand the mistake with Monk - who would have thought that a player schooled under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup would favour such a dismal pragmatic approach? Mind you, you would have thought that a probing interview would clarify Monk's thoughts on the game and exposed his lack of enthusiasm for tiki taka. In any event , with every subsequent appointment we've made the same mistake over and over again. Which makes me conclude that the appointments of Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup were more down to luck than judgement. That, or their free availability.

The most important transfer window in football, the managerial one, never closes. There's no excuse for not getting the right manager in - but it takes a willingness to spend a bit of money to prise the high-end idealist managers that we need away from their clubs. We should have gone for Eddie Howe back in the day, and may well need to fork out a few millions to get our hands on someone like Jokanovic in the not too distant future. Will we though? Or will we continue to be cheapskates in the most important market of all?
We are in a big hole on 17:49 - Oct 28 with 2633 viewsrockn

We are in a big hole on 17:41 - Oct 28 by BytholWyn

Great post rockn, Pretty much sums up my feelings about the whole period since Garry Monk was appointed. Even in the season we managed 8th place the warning signs were clearly there. It boils down to appointing pragmatic managers time after time in sharp contrast to the idealists who preceded them. We had a brand of football that was great to watch and successful - what more do you want? I can at least partly understand the mistake with Monk - who would have thought that a player schooled under Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup would favour such a dismal pragmatic approach? Mind you, you would have thought that a probing interview would clarify Monk's thoughts on the game and exposed his lack of enthusiasm for tiki taka. In any event , with every subsequent appointment we've made the same mistake over and over again. Which makes me conclude that the appointments of Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup were more down to luck than judgement. That, or their free availability.

The most important transfer window in football, the managerial one, never closes. There's no excuse for not getting the right manager in - but it takes a willingness to spend a bit of money to prise the high-end idealist managers that we need away from their clubs. We should have gone for Eddie Howe back in the day, and may well need to fork out a few millions to get our hands on someone like Jokanovic in the not too distant future. Will we though? Or will we continue to be cheapskates in the most important market of all?

Spot on.

The only part I would disagree with it that I would personally favour scouting out someone who meets the criteria we both alluded to from lower levels rather than a big money appointment. I unfortunately do not have a name, but I'd like to see us take a risk on someone like we did with Rodgers and Martinez.

We've had our pragmatic era, it's time to have some fun again and if it means going down in a blaze of glory I'd prefer that to plodding away and then eventually going down. But on the latter point, I don't believe it is a risk to play attacking football because I have a strong belief that it works.
We are in a big hole on 17:51 - Oct 28 with 2612 viewsTheResurrection

We are in a big hole on 17:41 - Oct 28 by BytholWyn

Football is forever changing you simple mug.

Where were you in the 80's and 90's??? Huh??

THAT is who the Swans are, not the tiny bit in our history just before GARRY FACKING MONK

Fack me you spoilt pair of kunts. be gone with you....

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

We are in a big hole on 17:57 - Oct 28 with 2591 viewsrockn

We are in a big hole on 17:51 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Football is forever changing you simple mug.

Where were you in the 80's and 90's??? Huh??

THAT is who the Swans are, not the tiny bit in our history just before GARRY FACKING MONK

Fack me you spoilt pair of kunts. be gone with you....

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you support brexit
We are in a big hole on 17:58 - Oct 28 with 2579 viewsTheResurrection

We are in a big hole on 17:57 - Oct 28 by rockn

I bet you support brexit

Quite the opposite

Login to get fewer ads

We are in a big hole on 17:59 - Oct 28 with 2567 viewsrockn

We are in a big hole on 17:58 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Quite the opposite

You surprise me, had you down as a brexit means brexit positive thinking type. Well done on that anyway
We are in a big hole on 18:17 - Oct 28 with 2502 viewsBytholWyn

Don't you just love a good old ad hominem attack...

Then again in the absence of any sort of reasoning ability then what can one expect?
We are in a big hole on 19:31 - Oct 28 with 2370 viewsBloodyhills

We are in a big hole on 17:20 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Rock,

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

We are in a big hole on 20:09 - Oct 28 with 2266 viewsGTCJack

I can't particularly disagree with any of that.

TheRes - we have been singing along the same hymn sheet for a few weeks now. Surprised you've taken this stance and change of heart about the direction we are going in and seemingly Clement as well. The problems are still there, the alarm bells are still ringing and I don't think we have a great deal to be positive about.
We are in a big hole on 20:24 - Oct 28 with 2233 viewsPrivate_Partz

Lots of things I agree with there but at this moment in time we can't just 'go for it'. For all the reasons you have given we are now a much poorer team. To try and stand toe to toe with many teams in this division will mean certain relegation.
For me the status we fought so hard for is more important than anything else. Not just for the club but the Swansea Bay Region as a whole.
We need to get our style back and we need to appoint the right managers and players.
For me Jenkins and the recruitment system are not fit for purpose but I would much rather rebuild as a Top flight side than one languishing in the lower division.
Change is needed however and needs to start with Jenkins being shown the door. Whilst this change takes place the football may not be as entertaining or of the highest standard but it is a price worth paying in the medium term imho.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

We are in a big hole on 20:33 - Oct 28 with 2190 viewsTheResurrection

We are in a big hole on 20:09 - Oct 28 by GTCJack

I can't particularly disagree with any of that.

TheRes - we have been singing along the same hymn sheet for a few weeks now. Surprised you've taken this stance and change of heart about the direction we are going in and seemingly Clement as well. The problems are still there, the alarm bells are still ringing and I don't think we have a great deal to be positive about.

Having a fair pop at the squad, tactics, Clement (for sure), or even Jenkins and Co. is fair game.

Making it the be all and end all of people's lives and disgust is cheap and nasty.

There's no balance to arguments, it's a lot of hot air, anger and miserable tvvats

We are in a big hole on 20:38 - Oct 28 with 2164 viewsJackfath

We are in a big hole on 20:33 - Oct 28 by TheResurrection

Having a fair pop at the squad, tactics, Clement (for sure), or even Jenkins and Co. is fair game.

Making it the be all and end all of people's lives and disgust is cheap and nasty.

There's no balance to arguments, it's a lot of hot air, anger and miserable tvvats

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

We are in a big hole on 00:29 - Oct 29 with 1953 viewsswan65split

poster is correct ressurection ////we ar fecking crap
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024