Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide 13:28 - Nov 7 with 25029 viewsYossarian

Just being reported by BBC Wales political correspondent Nick Servini that Carl Sergeant has committed suicide after being sacked following allegations of misconduct by various women. Very sad.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:29 - Nov 7 with 7377 viewsLoyal

Hello Les 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:30 - Nov 7 with 7383 viewsNOTRAC

Sometimes the accused need support, not just the accusers.
Sacked without the chance of defending himself.
What happened to the idea that a person is innocent until proved guilty.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 13:34]

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:34 - Nov 7 with 7346 viewswestside

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5058193/Labour-politician-suspended-sex-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/carl-sargeant-dead-allegations-wale
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 13:39]
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:53 - Nov 7 with 7213 viewsDarran

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:30 - Nov 7 by NOTRAC

Sometimes the accused need support, not just the accusers.
Sacked without the chance of defending himself.
What happened to the idea that a person is innocent until proved guilty.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 13:34]

Got be honest my first thought last week was why sacked and not suspended pending an inquiry. I though that was odd.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:55 - Nov 7 with 7253 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:53 - Nov 7 by Darran

Got be honest my first thought last week was why sacked and not suspended pending an inquiry. I though that was odd.

Yes, strange. Unless there was overwhelming evidence?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 13:56]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:56 - Nov 7 with 7230 viewsLoyal

I had a dead mp thread before Yossa, im appalled.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:00 - Nov 7 with 7211 viewsYossarian

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:56 - Nov 7 by Loyal

I had a dead mp thread before Yossa, im appalled.

Sorry Loyal! I thought I was bloody quick!
Very sad- even if he would have been found to have behaved badly, he leaves a wife and two children. Got to feel for those kids- and all the chattering classes going on the telly to pontificate need to think about the innocent people who inevitably get caught up in all of this- like the kids.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:06 - Nov 7 with 7186 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 13:55 - Nov 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

Yes, strange. Unless there was overwhelming evidence?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 13:56]

The fact that he denied it and pledged to clear his name suggests that sacking was premature.

If he had pleaded guilty then fair enough.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:10 - Nov 7 with 7170 viewsYossarian

I can’t help thinking there’s a whiff of McCarthyism about all of this:
“Have you now, or have you ever made a clumsy pass at an attractive woman, or have you now or at any time in the past complimented a female about he hair, clothes or her general appearance?
Have you ever embraced a female colleague in the workplace?”

Can we genuinely succeed in finding the sensible middle ground here?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:20 - Nov 7 with 7137 viewswestwalesed

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:10 - Nov 7 by Yossarian

“Have you now, or have you ever made a clumsy pass at an attractive woman, or have you now or at any time in the past complimented a female about he hair, clothes or her general appearance?

No, we can't, because to suggest that there might be a middle ground or to suggest that there are two sides to every story immediately brands you a "victim shamer".

The truth is that Mr Seargeant, as odious an individual as I found him on TV, is the first death of this absurd witch-hunt. We now have a situation where a leading politician has killed himself rather than get a fair hearing by his Party. Its disgraceful and people really need to think about where this is going.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:21 - Nov 7 with 7136 viewssquarebear

But suicide? Suicide?

If he’d done nowt then presumably he’d have been able to clear his name. To do this just does terrible harm to his loved ones, plus also his accusers.

Why, man? Were you that vain that your ego couldn’t take the shame of being found out? Were you so sensitive that even being subject of media scrutiny was too much to bear? Was the loss of your cabinet role too damaging to your pride? Or was this the last desperate act of a man broken by the sins of his past - a warning shot over the heads of any future would-be accusers. “Keep it zipped or whoever you accuse might kill themselves too”?

Just a terrible, heart-breaking thing to do. Rest in peace man, but you’re a git for having done this.
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:21 - Nov 7 with 7131 viewslondonlisa2001

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:10 - Nov 7 by Yossarian

Forgive me Yossarian, but someone has not been unceremoniously sacked by his own party and taken his life over an accusation that they've complimented a woman on her general appearance.

It's very, very sad for his family and I feel really sorry for them.
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:25 - Nov 7 with 7060 viewsDarran

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:21 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

Forgive me Yossarian, but someone has not been unceremoniously sacked by his own party and taken his life over an accusation that they've complimented a woman on her general appearance.

What happened Lis?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:34 - Nov 7 with 7076 viewsNOTRAC

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:21 - Nov 7 by squarebear

But suicide? Suicide?

If he’d done nowt then presumably he’d have been able to clear his name. To do this just does terrible harm to his loved ones, plus also his accusers.

Why, man? Were you that vain that your ego couldn’t take the shame of being found out? Were you so sensitive that even being subject of media scrutiny was too much to bear? Was the loss of your cabinet role too damaging to your pride? Or was this the last desperate act of a man broken by the sins of his past - a warning shot over the heads of any future would-be accusers. “Keep it zipped or whoever you accuse might kill themselves too”?

Just a terrible, heart-breaking thing to do. Rest in peace man, but you’re a git for having done this.

To suggest that by committing suicide he is confirming his guilt is ridiculous.
No one knows why he did this. A person can commit suicide for many reasons.
The balance of his mind has obviously been affected, but whether this was because of guilt or false accusations, no one can say.
Apparently he wasn't even told what the allegations were, and his statements vigorously denied wrongdoing.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:37 - Nov 7 with 7012 viewsDarran

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:34 - Nov 7 by NOTRAC

The balance of his mind has obviously been affected, but whether this was because of guilt or false accusations, no one can say.
Apparently he wasn't even told what the allegations were, and his statements vigorously denied wrongdoing.

I agree Mate. People should think before they post.

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:00 - Nov 7 with 6989 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Who knows what will come out of the inevitable inquest into his death.

Possibly he was contacted for his comments on a story that a newspaper was about to run.
Possibly he was innocent and couldn't live with the situation. I suspect the former is more likely but it's all speculation. Tragic all round.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:38 - Nov 7 with 6881 viewslondonlisa2001

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:25 - Nov 7 by Darran

What happened Lis?

Absolutely no idea Darran.

But you don't get sacked for an accusation of complimenting a woman. And Carwyn went out of his way to clarify that it was a sacking, not a resignation.
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:40 - Nov 7 with 6822 viewsDarran

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:38 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

Absolutely no idea Darran.

But you don't get sacked for an accusation of complimenting a woman. And Carwyn went out of his way to clarify that it was a sacking, not a resignation.

I see.

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:46 - Nov 7 with 6844 viewsNeath_Jack

Here we go, time to blame the women again...

Another wonderful thread in the making.

Oh i know, of course you're not going to blame them, it's us poor snowflakes that's the problem with this country. PC gone maaaaaaad and all that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:49 - Nov 7 with 6835 viewsacejack3065

Met Carl several times and he was always a great bloke and great to be around. It's a shame it's ended this way and he will be missed by many who worked in and around Welsh politics.
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:49 - Nov 7 with 6832 viewsYossarian

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:21 - Nov 7 by londonlisa2001

Lisa- I can’t say and you cannot say anything with certainty. If you look at my previous post, I am scrupulously non-judgemental about whether he may or may not have behaved badly. You apparently presume he has because he was ‘unceremoniously sacked’ and you have attributed my later musings to his sacking. Clearly you can’t wait to rush to judgement over this man. You reserve your compassion for his family but none for him. I feel sorry for the women he may have behaved badly towards, for him and his family. It is a tragedy and if people with agendas think before they rush to judgement then at least a little good might eventually emerge from a tragedy that does no one credit.

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:51 - Nov 7 with 6777 viewsDarran

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:46 - Nov 7 by Neath_Jack

Here we go, time to blame the women again...

Another wonderful thread in the making.

Oh i know, of course you're not going to blame them, it's us poor snowflakes that's the problem with this country. PC gone maaaaaaad and all that.

People can’t help themselves on here. Why they can’t just leave it untill the facts come out is beyond me.

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:59 - Nov 7 with 6798 viewssquarebear

I didn’t suggest that at all. I voiced rhetorical questions.
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:05 - Nov 7 with 6785 viewslondonlisa2001

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 15:49 - Nov 7 by Yossarian

Lisa- I can’t say and you cannot say anything with certainty. If you look at my previous post, I am scrupulously non-judgemental about whether he may or may not have behaved badly. You apparently presume he has because he was ‘unceremoniously sacked’ and you have attributed my later musings to his sacking. Clearly you can’t wait to rush to judgement over this man. You reserve your compassion for his family but none for him. I feel sorry for the women he may have behaved badly towards, for him and his family. It is a tragedy and if people with agendas think before they rush to judgement then at least a little good might eventually emerge from a tragedy that does no one credit.

"I can’t help thinking there’s a whiff of McCarthyism about all of this:

Your list reads as an attempt to trivialise the behaviours that have led to a series of suspensions and, in this case, a sacking.

In this case, I am not judging the man - I haven't made an assumption about his guilt. I simply said that you do not get sacked for complimenting a woman. Because you don't.

The only one that's rushed to a judgment here are those that immediately assume that this man's death is indicative of a witch hunt, or McCarthyism, or similar. Again, your post assumes that there are women that he 'may have behaved badly towards'. You are assuming it's nothing more than that. As you said, you don't know that, so why make the assumption?

Rather than trivialise the accusations, why not wait to find out what's happened?
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 16:06]
Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 16:16 - Nov 7 with 6737 viewsLoyal

Carl Sergeant apparently commits suicide on 14:00 - Nov 7 by Yossarian

Sorry Loyal! I thought I was bloody quick!
Very sad- even if he would have been found to have behaved badly, he leaves a wife and two children. Got to feel for those kids- and all the chattering classes going on the telly to pontificate need to think about the innocent people who inevitably get caught up in all of this- like the kids.

You were quick ✌
Agree 're the kids etc, awful, as I said I hope none of those allegations are false.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024