Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budget 20:43 - Jan 1 with 2779 viewsBoss_Hog

I think it is time that fans started to question budgets and the finances being afforded to our manager. I should state that I am a KH fan, despite many mistakes this season, however the constant delving into the barrel of rejects is catching up on us; not surprisingly in my opinion.

I only choose to question budgets based on the income from the sale of Scott Hogan. I understand completely how we function as a club under normal circumstances, however the money from Brentford was not normal and should have allowed a slightly more ambitious approach than the likes of Jordan Slew and Kosi Nthle. Matt Done and the acquisition of Jordan Williams granted show ambition but not enough given income into the club in January 2017.

Am I being unfair? I don't expect gambles akin to the mob up the road, far from it but surely we cannot continue to prosper when signing players realised by clubs lower than us in the pyramid. Is it sheer madness expecting the manager to polish turds all the time and so many of our recent signings fall into this category. They weren't deemed good enough for League Two never mind the higher reaches of League One!

Anyway, answers on a post card please. For a start, does anybody know how much we actually got from the sell on clause?
Budget on 20:54 - Jan 1 with 2722 viewspioneer

The gamble was giving multi year contracts to players and management. Hogan money will be needed to help cover those contracts given the expectatiob of reduced income.
Budget on 21:15 - Jan 1 with 2637 viewskiwidale

Budget on 20:54 - Jan 1 by pioneer

The gamble was giving multi year contracts to players and management. Hogan money will be needed to help cover those contracts given the expectatiob of reduced income.

I hope your wrong about securing current players on increased contracts? We have signed several of this current bunch both players and coaching staff beyond 2018? maybe that's why there is no money for strengthening? its already been spent. I'm worried now very worried.

This is not the time for bickering.

Budget on 21:28 - Jan 1 with 2584 viewspioneer

Budget on 21:15 - Jan 1 by kiwidale

I hope your wrong about securing current players on increased contracts? We have signed several of this current bunch both players and coaching staff beyond 2018? maybe that's why there is no money for strengthening? its already been spent. I'm worried now very worried.

Others on here will have more precise details but my recollection is that McNulty and Henderson (and possibly Andrew) are among those contracted beyond this season and the management team are contracted until 2022! I could never understand these deals, particularly since the manager never seems to be on anyones short list when jobs come available.
Budget on 21:36 - Jan 1 with 2552 viewskiwidale

Budget on 21:28 - Jan 1 by pioneer

Others on here will have more precise details but my recollection is that McNulty and Henderson (and possibly Andrew) are among those contracted beyond this season and the management team are contracted until 2022! I could never understand these deals, particularly since the manager never seems to be on anyones short list when jobs come available.

Pioneer, until you mentioned it "long term contracts on increased terms" it hadn't crossed my mind that that's were the money had gone but the penny has dropped Hills contract for one will not be cheap possibly the same with Beech? and there is no way out of it.

This is not the time for bickering.

Budget on 10:01 - Jan 2 with 2164 viewsParkinsGimp

Budget on 21:36 - Jan 1 by kiwidale

Pioneer, until you mentioned it "long term contracts on increased terms" it hadn't crossed my mind that that's were the money had gone but the penny has dropped Hills contract for one will not be cheap possibly the same with Beech? and there is no way out of it.

Who in their right mind would offer extended contracts to McNulty & Andrew in the first place, god forbid increases. Along with Mr Arrogant securing a 5 year deal it just beggars belief.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024