Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out in Spain.. 09:12 - Feb 2 with 6188 viewsHuwJackBastard

We have £40mil out on loan in Spain... Discuss...
Out in Spain.. on 11:35 - Feb 3 with 2371 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Out in Spain.. on 09:49 - Feb 2 by TheResurrection

How much are we subsiding exactly?

Give Huw a ring and ask him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Out in Spain.. on 12:53 - Feb 3 with 2333 viewsjasper_T

Mesa & Sevilla getting battered 3-1 by Eibar at half-time.
Out in Spain.. on 13:09 - Feb 3 with 2311 viewsjasper_T

Subbed off on 52 after being invisible apart from an early second half booking for a horrible late challenge.
Out in Spain.. on 13:23 - Feb 3 with 2295 views34dfgdf54

Out in Spain.. on 12:53 - Feb 3 by jasper_T

Mesa & Sevilla getting battered 3-1 by Eibar at half-time.

He was awful aswell. Hiding.
Out in Spain.. on 13:39 - Feb 3 with 2273 viewsjasper_T

Hell of a performance by Eibar, mind. 5-1 now.
Out in Spain.. on 13:44 - Feb 3 with 2263 viewstrampie

I don't like to knock players but have to say Mesa was the worst player i seen in a Swansea shirt.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Out in Spain.. on 14:25 - Feb 3 with 2246 viewsicecoldjack

Out in Spain.. on 13:44 - Feb 3 by trampie

I don't like to knock players but have to say Mesa was the worst player i seen in a Swansea shirt.

That's a hell of a statement fella, remember Linton Brown playing ?

I think Mesa was a tidy player just not what we needed at the time, the club/team has no real identity or style of play these days, if he'd been playing in a Swans team under Martinez,Sousa,Rodger or Laudrup he'd probably look superb .

Shame the club has eroded it's principles to the point where footballers don't fit in anymore.
Out in Spain.. on 14:43 - Feb 3 with 2231 viewsgrabsplatter

Out in Spain.. on 22:51 - Feb 2 by bringbacklaudrup

A bigger problem than the recruitment of individual players is there doesn't seem to be a clear and cohesive strategy in recruiting the players suitable for the tactics and style the team intend to be their mainstay. There isn't a clear vision of how each player's qualities, style and skills would synergise with and complement those of the players that are already with the squad.

If one wants to see a player like Baston succeed, they need to make sure that there are players that can create space for him to run into and have the vision to supply him service in advanced positions. Baston doesn't seem to have the ability to do all these things himself at the Premier League level, as he doesn't have great strength or speed. Even someone like Berbatov having superior skills cannot succeed consistently without players with superior movement and passing ability. Swansea simply didn't have the players necessary to complement Baston.

Mesa seems to have been a Money-Ball type of signing who was recruited mostly on the basis of his passing statistics. There seems to be something missing in the algorithm, because any player's individual statistics are uninformative if there isn't adequate analysis of many other factors: such as the abilities of his teammates and the styles and strengths of the teams in La Liga in general. There doesn't seem to have been enough analysis of how the characteristics that would make Mesa successful at Las Palmas would be transferable to Swansea and the Premier League.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 22:52]

Excellent post
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024