Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement speaks 21:16 - Feb 2 with 14158 viewsHeadmaster

I'm not subscribed, so can't read the full article, but here's the link anyway.

"Paul Clement interview: Swansea had eight midfielders but no left back — it was a headache"

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/paul-clement-interview-swansea-had-eight-midf
Clement speaks on 21:38 - Feb 3 with 1610 viewsWatchman

Clement speaks on 02:10 - Feb 3 by bringbacklaudrup

Those comments are seem overly harsh for someone who created a minor miracle at the end of last season.

Clement is a competent manager, but his main weakness seems to be that he doesn't seem to be able to improvise as well as Carvalhal when lacking resources. But there are not so many of these managers, so he is no worse than most. The players brought in during the winter transfer window last season were ready to contribute upon arrival. The fact that players like Carroll were fit enough to play even when he got so little playing time at Spurs is an indication of how good the conditioning programme at Spurs is. But the problem is that while some of these players arrive at Swansea in good shape, the training during the off- and pre-season and competitive season doesn't seem to be ideal, so these players experience difficulty maintaining their form at the start of the next season. If the likes of Carroll or Olsson left Swansea early in this transfer window for another Premier League club, it seems unlikely they would have the impact they had last season upon their arrival at Swansea. This would indicate that the problem is with Swansea's ability to keep players in peak condition.

Has Clement spent so long at clubs having plentiful resources that he is at a loss of what to do when those resources are severely lacking? Even if this is the case, it doesn't mean that he's any worse than say a Mourinho, who would probably have experienced similar frustrations at a team such as Swansea, as he has often proven lack of ability to make do without high levels of talent.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2018 2:10]

He is a technical coach not a manager

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Clement speaks on 00:29 - Feb 4 with 1544 viewsTheResurrection

Clement speaks on 21:02 - Feb 3 by jacksfullaces

Clement is obviously playing to the crowd and keeping his career afloat, yet I'm surprised at some of the reactions on here to him basically saying he was dealt a bad hand. Bony is crocked, Gylfi wasn't replaced, there has been some awful wheeler dealing. and the investment model we have is weak, as it doesn't appear to be supported by any reasonably scouting system/strategy.

OK, he was negative, and we were spiralling in the end, but he's entitled to say most of the other stuff, good luck to him, he instilled a bit of belief in the squad when he came in last year. It's just he seemed to retreat into himself when the real pressure mounted.

Unbelievable how anyone can defend this kunt.

Who hasn't he blamed in that bitter and twisted epitaph of a failed manager.

Money
Chairmen X 2
Journalists
Noise
Recruitment
Players
Fans

The bloke was a chancer and that interview has meant he'll be likely to get another managers job soon.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement speaks on 02:07 - Feb 4 with 1507 viewsLoyal

Lets be honest, once on the managers merry go round they all are.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Clement speaks on 08:53 - Feb 4 with 1432 viewsItchySphincter

Clement speaks on 14:31 - Feb 3 by Darran

Some even hold a press conference.

Lol. First thing I thought it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Clement speaks on 15:29 - Feb 4 with 1358 viewsjacksfullaces

Clement speaks on 00:29 - Feb 4 by TheResurrection

Unbelievable how anyone can defend this kunt.

Who hasn't he blamed in that bitter and twisted epitaph of a failed manager.

Money
Chairmen X 2
Journalists
Noise
Recruitment
Players
Fans

The bloke was a chancer and that interview has meant he'll be likely to get another managers job soon.

what a world eh?

people have different opinions.

what was your opinion of the bony signing BTW?
Clement speaks on 18:19 - Feb 4 with 1302 viewsNirvana

Clement speaks on 14:08 - Feb 3 by TheResurrection

I disagree

This lies in the hands of Clement. We spent big on Mesa and Clucas, he wanted them, he signed them off, he ruined them.

He then went out and thought he could actually build a team around a 19 year old kid (WHAT??????) who hadn't played for a season and was clearly damaged.

This is gross negligence and nothing to do with recruitment in general.

You mean the same 19 year old kid you (and your little "friend") were creaming yourself over, thread after thread, "tiny cock"??

The same "gross negligence" you hailed over and over and over again??

"WHAT???????"

You really are an "embarrassment", as you're so fond of saying. You know absolutely nothing about football, it's so painfully clear to everyone on here.

You need to spend more time with your family, less on here making a fool of yourself. It's going to haunt you later in life, "mark my words".
Clement speaks on 20:47 - Feb 4 with 1268 viewsTheResurrection

Clement speaks on 18:19 - Feb 4 by Nirvana

You mean the same 19 year old kid you (and your little "friend") were creaming yourself over, thread after thread, "tiny cock"??

The same "gross negligence" you hailed over and over and over again??

"WHAT???????"

You really are an "embarrassment", as you're so fond of saying. You know absolutely nothing about football, it's so painfully clear to everyone on here.

You need to spend more time with your family, less on here making a fool of yourself. It's going to haunt you later in life, "mark my words".

I honestly didn't expect to see you on here again.

Mesa has gone back, the Swans have 11 points out of the last 18 including wins over Liverpool and Arsenal and a great draw away at Leicester.

Clucas is showing what he's capable of and the squad isn't as bad as you made out. Also, your inane drivel on random players the whole world around who have systematically failed to live up to any sort of Nirvana expectation has shown you up to be the fraud you are.

Yeah. I was over the moon excited with Sanches. I never professed to "watch a lot of German football" though, in between my James Bond lifestyle of great job, hotel rooms and Thai "birds"

I was also over the moon with Bony who has had some terrible luck. It's a concern his injuries have caught up with him and there was plenty saying that on here before we brought him in, so hindsight will show he wasn't a good signing for us, and my hopeful wishes were wrong.

I will say though when he did play in the Premier league for us he was more than doing a job and if he had got up to speed I still would've been hopeful for him getting to ten goals. He should be on 4 now if it wasn't for a ridiculous refereeing decision to cancel it out.

I'm gutted for him, I'm gutted for Fer and I'm gutted for SCFC.

You, the Yank nobody, you're not even a Jack, you're a nonentity with a tiny cock and lifetime subscription on Arab Match.com

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement speaks on 20:52 - Feb 4 with 1258 viewsNirvana

Clement speaks on 20:47 - Feb 4 by TheResurrection

I honestly didn't expect to see you on here again.

Mesa has gone back, the Swans have 11 points out of the last 18 including wins over Liverpool and Arsenal and a great draw away at Leicester.

Clucas is showing what he's capable of and the squad isn't as bad as you made out. Also, your inane drivel on random players the whole world around who have systematically failed to live up to any sort of Nirvana expectation has shown you up to be the fraud you are.

Yeah. I was over the moon excited with Sanches. I never professed to "watch a lot of German football" though, in between my James Bond lifestyle of great job, hotel rooms and Thai "birds"

I was also over the moon with Bony who has had some terrible luck. It's a concern his injuries have caught up with him and there was plenty saying that on here before we brought him in, so hindsight will show he wasn't a good signing for us, and my hopeful wishes were wrong.

I will say though when he did play in the Premier league for us he was more than doing a job and if he had got up to speed I still would've been hopeful for him getting to ten goals. He should be on 4 now if it wasn't for a ridiculous refereeing decision to cancel it out.

I'm gutted for him, I'm gutted for Fer and I'm gutted for SCFC.

You, the Yank nobody, you're not even a Jack, you're a nonentity with a tiny cock and lifetime subscription on Arab Match.com

... or next time just say you've been wrong about everything and you haven't got the slightest clue about football, "tiny cock".

And then move on. It'll save you a lot of time and effort, surely.

Now about that "family time" that means so much to you...
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 20:57]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024