Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone remember the Red Star...... 23:22 - Feb 6 with 4732 viewsHark_Now_Hear

Belgrade friendly at the vetch?
Wasn't that 8-1?
1981 I think it was.

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 23:23 - Feb 6 with 4721 viewsepaul

It was a sunny sat afternoon we was behind the goals double decker

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 23:31 - Feb 6 with 4696 viewsEbo

Perch didn't go as he wouldn't pay money to watch Communists

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 23:33 - Feb 6 with 4690 viewsTNT

Saw us put eight (that's '8' for byron and any cardiff fans reading) past Hartlepool in a league match in the late '70's. Another eight (8) tonight. Not forgetting twelve (12) against Sliema Wanderers in The Cup Winners Cup.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 00:21 - Feb 7 with 4637 viewsBloodyhills

It was 7-1. Valentine's Day 1981
Was on North Bank.

They were pretty good at the time, losing to Internatazionale 2-1 in the quarter finals of the European Cup

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 09:35 - Feb 7 with 4497 viewssP7qupUf

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 23:33 - Feb 6 by TNT

Saw us put eight (that's '8' for byron and any cardiff fans reading) past Hartlepool in a league match in the late '70's. Another eight (8) tonight. Not forgetting twelve (12) against Sliema Wanderers in The Cup Winners Cup.

The Hartlepool game was on April Fool's Day. Curt and Robbie both got hatricks and I think Pat Llly and Danny Bartley got the others.
Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 09:40 - Feb 7 with 4484 viewsperchrockjack

No John but I was in Jugoslavia when Red Star played Dinamo Zagreb and the match saw players ,police ripping into each other .Shortly afterwards full scale war .. Tito certainly kept the lid on it

No opposition see

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 09:44 - Feb 7 with 4480 viewsexhmrc1

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 09:40 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

No John but I was in Jugoslavia when Red Star played Dinamo Zagreb and the match saw players ,police ripping into each other .Shortly afterwards full scale war .. Tito certainly kept the lid on it

No opposition see

were you the policeman ripping into people with your truncheon like it is claimed you admitted to doing to the miners or were you Maggie's spy out there
Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 13:01 - Feb 7 with 4360 viewsCleddau

7-1 on Valentine's Day. Beautiful day weather wise with only a few thousand in attendance as I recall.

I think we were the last game of around five fixtures in a two week period they had.

Also think it was Ante's debut for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 19:05 - Feb 7 with 4283 viewsDewi1jack

My daughter has all my old programmes and my granddaughter was asking me who they were a couple of weeks ago, along with Sliema Wanderers and Monaco when she looked at the titles.

2 grandkiddies have already attended a few matches
5 to go!!
Fugme this football lark as a granddad is going to get very expensive.
Especially if they all want seasies as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 19:14 - Feb 7 with 4267 viewsbonymine

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 09:35 - Feb 7 by sP7qupUf

The Hartlepool game was on April Fool's Day. Curt and Robbie both got hatricks and I think Pat Llly and Danny Bartley got the others.

I was in Benidorm on holiday on the day of the Hartlepool game and me & the old man went to watch Benidorm play in the Spanish League and .....they won 8-0 !!

Incredible coincidence so when we got back to our hotel and phoned home to find out that the Swans had won 8-0 as well we were gobsmacked 😂

I did later witness the Sliema Wanderers 12-0 slaughtering at the Vetch and our own 8-0 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield in that FA Cup reply in 1990 so seen both ends of the spectrum supporting the Swans 😂😂

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 21:15 - Feb 7 with 4162 viewsAguycalledJack

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 19:14 - Feb 7 by bonymine

I was in Benidorm on holiday on the day of the Hartlepool game and me & the old man went to watch Benidorm play in the Spanish League and .....they won 8-0 !!

Incredible coincidence so when we got back to our hotel and phoned home to find out that the Swans had won 8-0 as well we were gobsmacked 😂

I did later witness the Sliema Wanderers 12-0 slaughtering at the Vetch and our own 8-0 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield in that FA Cup reply in 1990 so seen both ends of the spectrum supporting the Swans 😂😂

8-1 at anfield
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 21:16]
Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 21:26 - Feb 7 with 4147 viewsDewi1jack

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 21:15 - Feb 7 by AguycalledJack

8-1 at anfield
[Post edited 7 Feb 2018 21:16]

Aye
Grobbelaar missed an easy save.

Even the Mickeys wanted our scorer thrown back into the ground

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 21:35 - Feb 7 with 4133 viewsTNT

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 21:26 - Feb 7 by Dewi1jack

Aye

He's one of a small, elite, number of Jacks to score at Anfield! Took his goal well, and the celebration was none too shabby, tbf!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 22:08 - Feb 7 with 4096 viewsSTID2017

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 21:26 - Feb 7 by Dewi1jack

Aye

One of the Guarino brothers from Bishop Vaughan as I recall

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 11:39 - Feb 9 with 3926 viewsProfessor

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 23:33 - Feb 6 by TNT

Almost inconceivable that a game in the equivalent of the Europa League could be 12-0. Ian Walsh scored a hat trick off the bench. The reserves won 5-0 in the second leg.

Still seething about the Panathaniakos game at the Vetch though. Must be nearly 30 years on too. At least I did not get smacked about and wrongfully arrested in the away leg as a number did. Doug Sharpe's finest hour as Chairman sticking by the fans IMHO.
Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 12:26 - Feb 9 with 3894 viewssomersetsimon

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 13:01 - Feb 7 by Cleddau

7-1 on Valentine's Day. Beautiful day weather wise with only a few thousand in attendance as I recall.

I think we were the last game of around five fixtures in a two week period they had.

Also think it was Ante's debut for us.

If I remember correctly it was a free weekend for us as it was FA Cup day (5th round) and we'd lost in an earlier round.
Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 14:10 - Feb 9 with 3839 viewsCleddau

Anyone remember the Red Star...... on 12:26 - Feb 9 by somersetsimon

If I remember correctly it was a free weekend for us as it was FA Cup day (5th round) and we'd lost in an earlier round.

Yes, it was Cup weekend. We were out after getting walloped at The Vetch in that weird game against Middlesboro.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024