Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies 12:33 - Feb 21 with 9718 viewsperchrockjack

Some on Hre will be aware my missus had advanced breast cancer three years ago. She s been left with lymphodaemia which is a pain but it's a better option than succumbing to this fookn curse.

Recently ,she found a lump in the same place and we both thought,here we feckn go again.

She s been examined today and it's a benign cyst . I want to shag and sing anyone now.

She was seen by her GP and was at the cancer hospital at Clatterbridge within two weeks. Today she had a mammogram ,untrasound and its sorted . Have to say our NHS here is terrific and we re in a good place for treatment of cancer strikes. I know others areas are less fortunate

Purpose of this post is ,ladies, any doubt whatever ,get checked. Fellas too. I have a good chum in Huddersfield who has advanced prostrate . He s possibly left it too long .

I don't care how many times its repeated . Examine yourself . Each other ,come to a
that.

For those out there with it and undergoing chemo, stay positive and be brave and front it out.

Thanks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 19:41 - Feb 24 with 2114 viewsSwanzay

I lost my mum last year to cancer, horrific, as Ive probably mentioned on here from initial diagnosis she only lasted 7 months, it was that rapid and a huge wake up call for me, that we are only here once and how life can change in an instant!
I wish everyone who is directly effected by this terrible disease, family and friends positive vibes!
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 20:00 - Feb 24 with 2089 viewsbiggar

Horrific disease and my thoughts are with anyone who’s currently suffering from the illness and/or knows someone battling the damn thing. I just hope we can somehow find a complete cure for the thing.

Had testicular cancer myself in 1998 when I was just 24. At the time I didn’t seem overly concerned, mainly because I was young and felt invincible! The toll it took on my friends and family was huge though. It literally affects anyone. Have had a couple of scares since and it’s always in my head that maybe it will return but it’s certainly made me appreciate everything I have had and still have.

I know you’ve heard it all before but it’s always important to do self checks (male and female) and see a doctor if there’s anything that concerns you!
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 21:25 - Feb 24 with 2053 viewsbiggar

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 19:41 - Feb 24 by Swanzay

I lost my mum last year to cancer, horrific, as Ive probably mentioned on here from initial diagnosis she only lasted 7 months, it was that rapid and a huge wake up call for me, that we are only here once and how life can change in an instant!
I wish everyone who is directly effected by this terrible disease, family and friends positive vibes!

Down arrowed by mistake. Apologies
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 21:52 - Feb 24 with 2047 viewsswanforthemoney

A message for your Mrs, Perch. My old Mam had a breast and lymph nodes removed about 15 years ago, she's still going strong at the age of 84. She took the tamoxifen for years and everything's stayed away.
I hope your good lady has a similarly positive outcome.
Good luck to you both.

I stand in the North Stand

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 22:05 - Feb 24 with 2045 viewsSwanzay

As men we tend to shy away from this, "It will never happen to me" scenario. Cancer is REAL, it doesn't discriminate! My life certainly turned upside down as a result last year, from being in work, to leaving to becoming a carer. Im so glad I did!
10/11 times a night I would have to get up in a night became a norm towards the end, cleaning storma bags exploding in order to make her feel comfortable or simply didnt have the energy , or just simply could no longer get into a comfortable position, cancer simple takes away dignity and I wouldn't wish it on anyone!
Mum certainty didnt deserve that!
Its taught me YJBs were are only here once, make the most and get yourselves checked out, don't be shy!
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 01:05 - Feb 25 with 2008 viewstheloneranger

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 08:59 - Feb 24 by Lord_Bony

Immunotherapy is the way forward.

A targeted approach for killing cancer cells and tumours.

Basically,the bodies immune system is retrained to go looking for the bad guys. Cancer is a powerful adversary in that it can mask itself with a protein coating so the white blood cells (the good guys) just ignore it.

It is becoming more precise in research labs,the hope is one day soon it can be used much more effectively in targeting cancer.

It's far better for the bodies own defence systems to eliminate disease than relying on toxic treatments such as chemo which can have some really bad,debilitating side effects.

There are many targeted therapies being worked on atm,just another weapon in the fight against this disease.

Myself personally,I still go to the gym a few times a week and play in a band so not all bad. Feeling pretty normal actually apart from the chemo occasionally. There's a possibility if things don't work out I can go on a trial at Southampton university later this year for immunotherapy trials.

http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2016/03/03/new-immunotherapy-discovery-c

A really good and interesting insight into immunotherapy and the advances being made in the treatment of cancer.

A good article below showing the centres doing trials

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/cancer-research-uk/key-research-centres/

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 17:48 - Feb 25 with 1950 viewsLord_Bony

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 01:05 - Feb 25 by theloneranger

A really good and interesting insight into immunotherapy and the advances being made in the treatment of cancer.

A good article below showing the centres doing trials

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/cancer-research-uk/key-research-centres/

Nice one Ger.

Immunotherapy is getting a lot of attention and funding for research worldwide at the moment in the fight against cancer.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 10:45 - Feb 26 with 1884 viewswaynekerr55

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 17:48 - Feb 25 by Lord_Bony

Nice one Ger.

Immunotherapy is getting a lot of attention and funding for research worldwide at the moment in the fight against cancer.

Good luck Lord!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 21:17 - Feb 26 with 1830 viewsswan65split

sorry for the lateness, only just seen this post as Ive been away,
My wife was lucky enough to have been talking to someone who had breast cancer, who warned about regular checking and she then found a lump, that was diagnosed as Cancer, and has had a mastectomy NHS were fantastic in their care and treatment.
Its a sod of an illness, my wife regularly does the exercises she has to do,
Just glad everyone is doing ok, keep the fight , chin up and lets beat this bathplug.
Serious post. bit personal but gotta be done...FAO Ladies on 23:44 - Feb 26 with 1802 viewsDJack

Those undergoing a fight with this pernicious blight I salute you and wish you and your families all the best.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024