Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Run-In 09:44 - Mar 5 with 5628 viewslancasterswan

I'm not normally one to do this sort of thing, but the fixture list and the table as it stands have thrown out some interesting permutations when I looked last night.

Although nothing is a given obviously, I reckon West Brom have had it, they are too far adrift unless a miracle happens. Stoke have a really tricky run in with Man City, Everton, Arsenal and Spurs their next games. If those results go to form (Arsenal ??? :-) ) then they too will be losing touch with the pack. That leaves one space to fill in the drop zone. We are not safe by any means and have some tough fixtures ourselves.

The upcoming Huddersfield and West Brom journeys are critical and we need to find some away form from somewhere. Our next home game may not be until mid April unless the Southampton game is slotted in somewhere beforehand.

On the bright side Man City could have wrapped up the title as early as 7th April, the same time we travel to West Brom. When we travel to Manchester on Sunday 22nd it will be two days before the first leg of the Champions League Semis and one would give City an excellent chance of being there.

Far too many Ifs and Buts really, but is is proving to be a fascinating season.
The Run-In on 09:57 - Mar 5 with 5575 viewsmonmouth

Feel filthy saying it but I am a ManUre fan tonight. If Palace lose then I reckon we may only need to scrape together 7 or 8 more points. A win at Hudds would put us in sight of the finish line and there is no reason at all why we can't do that, as long as we go out with the right attitude. Lose that and we are right back in the bloody mixer, so lets not eh.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Run-In on 11:39 - Mar 5 with 5429 viewssherpajacob

You can't rule out stoke beating Everton and Arsenal.

It's vital we don't lose the 6 pointers, this plus the odd win would keep us up.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The Run-In on 11:45 - Mar 5 with 5408 viewsswanforthemoney

The Run-In on 11:39 - Mar 5 by sherpajacob

It's vital we don't lose the 6 pointers, this plus the odd win would keep us up.

Agreed a sticky run in like Stokes might get easier as ManC cement the top spot and the like of Everton and Arsenal have less and less to play for. Once the other champs league spots are confirmed, the other top sides are going to start to lose motivation.

I stand in the North Stand

The Run-In on 12:02 - Mar 5 with 5352 viewsFireboy2

The Run-In on 11:39 - Mar 5 by sherpajacob

Exactly sherpa

Atm arsenal and everton are poor

And we just cannot lose against the likes of huddersfield and soton
The Run-In on 12:17 - Mar 5 with 5301 viewsmonmouth

The Run-In on 12:02 - Mar 5 by Fireboy2

Exactly sherpa

Atm arsenal and everton are poor

And we just cannot lose against the likes of huddersfield and soton

Everton could still have a brush with Arse-twitch Central if they are going to lose to teams like Stoke. After all if we were to beat them we would only be one point behind them and no one would be saying we were safe with 33 or 34 points. I think the pressure on Dullardyce from their fans will mean they have to put the effort in anyway, even if they get to 40, which I think they will. Arsenal will probably be fine at the Emirates, but the away matches are worrying, the way they are just imploding.

Anyway lets just nail down the points we need and get the popcorn out and watch all that stuff.

The Run-In on 12:28 - Mar 5 with 5257 viewsPegojack

I'm taking some comfort from my prediction spreadsheet which, after the weekend's results, is showing us finishing on 40 pts, well away from trouble.

The bottom three final positions are:

Huddersfield 31
Soton 32
WBA 34
The Run-In on 12:30 - Mar 5 with 5247 viewsmonmouth

The Run-In on 12:28 - Mar 5 by Pegojack

I'm taking some comfort from my prediction spreadsheet which, after the weekend's results, is showing us finishing on 40 pts, well away from trouble.

The bottom three final positions are:

Huddersfield 31
Soton 32
WBA 34

Am I reading that right? You think Huds will only get one point from 9 games?

The Run-In (n/t) on 12:39 - Mar 5 with 5203 viewsPegojack

The Run-In on 12:30 - Mar 5 by monmouth

Am I reading that right? You think Huds will only get one point from 9 games?

Sorry, computer glitch due to the programmer putting the WBA v Huddersfield result in as a home win. I've sacked him.

It should read:

WBA 31
Soton 32
Huddersfield 34

This is dependent on us getting a point next Saturday!
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 12:42]
Login to get fewer ads

The Run-In on 12:54 - Mar 5 with 5152 viewslancasterswan

...another factor is goal difference. If we do lose games, it is vital we don't cave in and lose by a hatful. GD played a part in overtaking West Ham on Saturday. Stoke and Huddersfield are badly placed here at the moment.

Fabianski's performance this season has been crucial and his defence has to play its part, heads held up, even if we are losing a game by a single goal.
The Run-In on 13:58 - Mar 5 with 5004 viewsJethroJack

To the OP, we won't be travelling to Man City on Sun 22 April.
We have a date with destiny that weekend....semi-final at Wembley
The Run-In on 14:01 - Mar 5 with 4978 viewsLeonWasGod

The Run-In on 13:58 - Mar 5 by JethroJack

That'd do me. Finishing 12th in the league and winning the FA Cup will make this a pretty good season in the end.
The Run-In on 15:11 - Mar 5 with 4830 viewsJethroJack

The Run-In on 14:01 - Mar 5 by LeonWasGod

That'd do me. Finishing 12th in the league and winning the FA Cup will make this a pretty good season in the end.

Yes...even getting to where we are now in the league & cup ain't a bad effort from the worst squad in the Premier League (allegedly!!).

Carlos...YJB 😁
The Run-In on 15:30 - Mar 5 with 4791 viewslancasterswan

The Run-In on 13:58 - Mar 5 by JethroJack

...steady boy, you're creating a fixtures backlog what with Southampton too....
The Run-In on 20:12 - Mar 5 with 4512 viewsJethroJack

The Run-In on 15:30 - Mar 5 by lancasterswan

...steady boy, you're creating a fixtures backlog what with Southampton too....

That's ok, we can play City few days before the CL final.
The Run-In on 20:22 - Mar 5 with 4475 viewsjacksfullaces

and palace go 1 up against man utd.

no easy fixtures. I mean we beat arsenal and liverpool.

and funny how when others play everton it is a hard fixture but when we play them its home win.

week by week, game by game, situation by situation. momentum is on our side still.
The Run-In on 20:57 - Mar 5 with 4391 viewsAl_Bundy

I think we can muster 7 points at home from the remaining games

Question is can we get 3 or 4 points away from home?
The Run-In on 21:52 - Mar 5 with 4313 viewsShonky

Utd come from 2-0 down to go 3-2 up in last min.
And its over. Lets hope that knocks the stuffing out of Palace.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2018 21:54]

Its just a ride...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024