Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea way returning. 09:42 - May 12 with 7368 viewstrinityann

If you want to hit the reset button, isn't it best to have Huw Jenkins around who has experience. How can you trust unknown Americans like Pearlman who has probably never seen a football match when his job application came about.

The candidates for the job will either be in house like Britton/Rangel or Cameron Toshack, possible big gambles like Potter or return of the old folks Martinez/Laudrup.

Potter looks like the leading contender at the moment with press at the moment.
Swansea way returning. on 12:43 - May 12 with 1805 viewssainthelens

Swansea way returning. on 12:05 - May 12 by TheResurrection

You fack off you prick.

Just how many usernames have you got ?. Twisted.
Swansea way returning. on 12:48 - May 12 with 1795 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea way returning. on 10:58 - May 12 by trinityann

From my perspective and I am probably completely wrong, it looks like the Americans wanted Huw Jenkins kept on for two years for Pearlman to learn the ropes. But with the club dropping down to championship they need to lean Huw's experiences more than ever.

Can you trust someone like Pearlman in charge of our club in the championship. That gives me nightmares, I would prefer the devil you know in Huw Jenkins. I am willing to give him second chance, if 7 years in Premier League and our only major trophey doesn't deserve a second chance, what does?

Pearlman was brought in for the commercial side after Dineen’s woeful inadequacy.

The idea that he’d be in charge of rebuilding the squad is risible.
Swansea way returning. on 12:49 - May 12 with 1785 viewsSmellyplumz

Swansea way returning. on 12:48 - May 12 by WarwickHunt

Pearlman was brought in for the commercial side after Dineen’s woeful inadequacy.

The idea that he’d be in charge of rebuilding the squad is risible.

Ignore it, its a Jenkins patsy talking bollo
[Post edited 12 May 2018 13:50]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Swansea way returning. on 12:52 - May 12 with 1779 viewsjacksfullaces

Disagree vehemently (is that abuse?)

Managers get their cards after 5/6 matches, how come a chairman that has presided over at least 3 years of decline gets to stay?

Business answers on a postcard ....
Swansea way returning. on 13:02 - May 12 with 1739 viewsGowerjack

Trinityann

The answer to your op is no.

This is why..

Borja Baston £15 million
Roque Mesa £11 million
Renato Sanchez £8 million
Bony £12 million
Sam Clucas £16 million

Extended contracts to past it players
2 managers a season
Being a deceitful liar

Need I go on?

Some advice..

If you take Jenkins cock out of your mouth you may find your brain starts working.

Thank you.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 13:03]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea way returning. on 13:07 - May 12 with 1727 viewswaynekerr55

Swansea way returning. on 13:02 - May 12 by Gowerjack

Trinityann

This is why..

Borja Baston £15 million
Roque Mesa £11 million
Bony £12 million
Sam Clucas £16 million

2 managers a season
Being a deceitful liar

Need I go on?

Some advice..

If you take Jenkins cock out of your mouth you may find your brain starts working.

Thank you.

"if you take Jenkins cock out of your mouth"

Ouch!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea way returning. on 13:13 - May 12 with 1701 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea way returning. on 13:02 - May 12 by Gowerjack

Trinityann

This is why..

Borja Baston £15 million
Roque Mesa £11 million
Bony £12 million
Sam Clucas £16 million

2 managers a season
Being a deceitful liar

Need I go on?

Some advice..

Thank you.

Here's another one

The guy made a post and this is what he gets

And you all moan about abuse ?

F#cking leave it there. Complete bunch of kunts

And Blaine, do you honestly think I'd make up a username to back myself up on here mate??

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea way returning. on 13:16 - May 12 with 1690 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea way returning. on 12:08 - May 12 by TheResurrection

So this Trinity Ann has posted an opinion, not given any abuse out yet he's getting it both barrels.

Tvvats on here can't take it any other way.

If you can't understand that the "abuse" is the suggestion that Jenkins stays on you are no longer a true Swansea Fan, just a mouthpiece for jenkins
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea way returning. on 13:33 - May 12 with 1656 viewswestside

The new Swansea Way is to :-

Sack managers that are any good.

Appoint managers on 3 year contracts then sack them.

Appoint wannabe managers then sack because their useless.

Sell the best players.

Don't re-invest the money back into the squad.

Buy rubbish players for lots of money.

Send rubbish players out on loan and pay half their wages.

Sell the club to the first snake oil salesmen that come along.

Sell the club to people who know nothing about football.

Take the club backwards.

Get relegated.

Don't accept responsibility.
Swansea way returning. on 14:08 - May 12 with 1599 viewsE20Jack

Swansea way returning. on 12:10 - May 12 by 34dfgdf54

You’re trinityann???

Edit - didn’t see post below, thought you made a howler with your original reply

Or did you?
[Post edited 12 May 2018 12:11]

Is there no end to your utter nonsense?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea way returning. on 14:12 - May 12 with 1593 viewsE20Jack

Swansea way returning. on 12:52 - May 12 by jacksfullaces

Disagree vehemently (is that abuse?)

Managers get their cards after 5/6 matches, how come a chairman that has presided over at least 3 years of decline gets to stay?

Business answers on a postcard ....

Because managers build up a measurable style and portfolio that can be planned for upon sacking your own.

Can you name one you would like to take over then?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea way returning. on 14:25 - May 12 with 1572 viewslonglostjack

Swansea way returning. on 13:33 - May 12 by westside

The new Swansea Way is to :-

Sack managers that are any good.

Appoint managers on 3 year contracts then sack them.

Appoint wannabe managers then sack because their useless.

Sell the best players.

Don't re-invest the money back into the squad.

Buy rubbish players for lots of money.

Send rubbish players out on loan and pay half their wages.

Sell the club to the first snake oil salesmen that come along.

Sell the club to people who know nothing about football.

Take the club backwards.

Get relegated.

Don't accept responsibility.

In a nutshell.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea way returning. on 14:38 - May 12 with 1549 viewsDJack

Swansea way returning. on 12:08 - May 12 by TheResurrection

So this Trinity Ann has posted an opinion, not given any abuse out yet he's getting it both barrels.

Tvvats on here can't take it any other way.

Res, I'm not having a pop but my irony alert alarm just started sounding.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Swansea way returning. on 14:42 - May 12 with 1535 viewsGowerjack

Swansea way returning. on 13:13 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Here's another one

And Blaine, do you honestly think I'd make up a username to back myself up on here mate??

You fackin mug...

And yes I do know.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea way returning. on 14:49 - May 12 with 1512 viewsKingBony

Swansea way returning. on 13:13 - May 12 by TheResurrection

Here's another one

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Swansea way returning. on 14:53 - May 12 with 1503 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea way returning. on 12:43 - May 12 by sainthelens

Just how many usernames have you got ?. Twisted.

What was yours before November?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Swansea way returning. on 14:55 - May 12 with 1501 viewsgiantstoneater

In this game and especially in this league you cant afford to rest on your laurels HJ did and he and his friends on the board compounded that by selling to the new board who have been an absolute disaster for us as well as failing to connect with the supporters they brought Brad Bobbly in an absolute beaut of a cock up. We all wondered who were the real money men behind the take over finding out there were 28 investors left me in shadow of a doubt that HJ and the old board were at fault what were they thinking , not about the club that is certain.
Swansea way returning. on 15:06 - May 12 with 1479 viewsswan65split

Swansea way returning. on 14:55 - May 12 by giantstoneater

In this game and especially in this league you cant afford to rest on your laurels HJ did and he and his friends on the board compounded that by selling to the new board who have been an absolute disaster for us as well as failing to connect with the supporters they brought Brad Bobbly in an absolute beaut of a cock up. We all wondered who were the real money men behind the take over finding out there were 28 investors left me in shadow of a doubt that HJ and the old board were at fault what were they thinking , not about the club that is certain.

sorry accidentally downed you.
Ive been saying for a while you need ambition without it we are fooked.
Ambition went for us when the club was sold.
I await the next move.
Swansea way returning. on 15:06 - May 12 with 1479 viewsjacksfullaces

clear all the decks and hit the reset, get some management consultants in, assemble a team of experts, maybe a month of analysis and strategic planning. (with finances obvs a big part of that)

create a vision (new/old/whatever) and start head hunting personnel to suit.

few of us are experts on football business, few of us are experts on business, but common sense says strategic thinking is needed, and basic analysis of the last few years (i.e watching the player recruitment) shows no pattern of that existing although it would be great to see some of the planning documents, if there is genuine evidence that we have been working to anything other than hand to mouth crisis management (and dancing to tune of quick wins for shareholders)

for that reason, and that reason alone it is time to get a new set of decision makers in to map out the plans/structure of the club. be nice if the trust was part of that but I'm not holding my breath.
Swansea way returning. on 15:07 - May 12 with 1477 viewsThe_undecided

Discussing with my mate (Big Birmingham fan) last week, what made Swansea different and a success in the premier league against the odds.
We came to the conclusion a different style of football, in the early years we were quite unique in the premier league with our style of football, the club was being well managed from a financial point of view with little to no exposure to big amounts of debt, player wages also under control and realistic for the size of club.
Could say it all came together at the right time and even after Rogers left we were lucky or you could say bang on with successive manager who was able to adopt the same style of play and get players to fit into the structure, there were enough staff and players at the club to allow this to flow from manager to manager.
Cracks then started to appear with infighting and power struggles with Monk and others from the old guard and the Spaniards, looking back this was the beginning of the end, once Laudrup went, instability set in and numerous managers followed, it resulted in 3 further seasons of a slow decline.

The Americans moved in and priorities changed, profit before performance was the new way.

The big question, can we repeat that success? from a Brums viewpoint No, his words are what makes Swansea an atttractive club now? Outside of the Prem and quietly eroded over many seasons of what made you special and different. There are bigger clubs, better run, richer, that are struggling and would be more attractive to investor(s). Who is left to recapture those special years? Man Utd after many successful years under Fergie, he left with an orderly hand over and the club was never the same, success went with it, luckily for them being such a big / rich club have now rebuilt after a number of false starts (too big to fail).

He does have a point, you look at that Championship table and the clubs in that league and also league 1, clubs with long history, if the Yanks pull out and Jenkins goes who is going to pick up the pieces, why would someone look at us and want to invest over some of these other clubs, past success is no guarantee of any future success as many clubs are finding out. We are at that cross roads, which way do we go........
[Post edited 12 May 2018 15:13]
Swansea way returning. on 15:09 - May 12 with 1471 viewsjacksfullaces

Swansea way returning. on 15:07 - May 12 by The_undecided

Discussing with my mate (Big Birmingham fan) last week, what made Swansea different and a success in the premier league against the odds.
We came to the conclusion a different style of football, in the early years we were quite unique in the premier league with our style of football, the club was being well managed from a financial point of view with little to no exposure to big amounts of debt, player wages also under control and realistic for the size of club.
Could say it all came together at the right time and even after Rogers left we were lucky or you could say bang on with successive manager who was able to adopt the same style of play and get players to fit into the structure, there were enough staff and players at the club to allow this to flow from manager to manager.
Cracks then started to appear with infighting and power struggles with Monk and others from the old guard and the Spaniards, looking back this was the beginning of the end, once Laudrup went, instability set in and numerous managers followed, it resulted in 3 further seasons of a slow decline.

The Americans moved in and priorities changed, profit before performance was the new way.

The big question, can we repeat that success? from a Brums viewpoint No, his words are what makes Swansea an atttractive club now? Outside of the Prem and quietly eroded over many seasons of what made you special and different. There are bigger clubs, better run, richer, that are struggling and would be more attractive to investor(s). Who is left to recapture those special years? Man Utd after many successful years under Fergie, he left with an orderly hand over and the club was never the same, success went with it, luckily for them being such a big / rich club have now rebuilt after a number of false starts (too big to fail).

He does have a point, you look at that Championship table and the clubs in that league and also league 1, clubs with long history, if the Yanks pull out and Jenkins goes who is going to pick up the pieces, why would someone look at us and want to invest over some of these other clubs, past success is no guarantee of any future success as many clubs are finding out. We are at that cross roads, which way do we go........

agreed, hitting reset to just recreate exactly what we had in the past would be fairly uninspiring.

so if that is huws one saving grace, he can disappear on that ticket too.
Swansea way returning. on 15:15 - May 12 with 1461 viewsswan65split

True,
We were lucky, we rubbed the magic lamp , and had success, along came the riches and goodies, in the background was abanazar....and the pntomime began and its become a little wishy washy
Swansea way returning. on 15:15 - May 12 with 1460 viewsgiantstoneater

Swansea way returning. on 15:06 - May 12 by swan65split

sorry accidentally downed you.
Ive been saying for a while you need ambition without it we are fooked.
Ambition went for us when the club was sold.
I await the next move.

The ambition went when Laudrup wanted to bring in players he thought would take us to the new level (I`m not sure I like that saying!) HJ didn`t agree and brought in his own specials.
Swansea way returning. on 15:17 - May 12 with 1453 viewsTheResurrection

It's a fair post and whilst I don't agree with some of it and I'll try and explain later, at least you've put some more thought into everything than most of the usual mugs on this site.

But just quickly, we don't have to be attractive to investors just yet, we just need to box clever and appoint the right manager.

Now this depends on a huge element of luck. But also, none more so than the bigger levels of luck we'll need with some of the new players he'd bring in.

Football is cyclical and nothing lasts forever.

It's not just a case of what worked before would always guarantee success.

80% of this message board is too thick to work that out.

Swansea way returning. on 15:53 - May 12 with 1402 viewsDJack

Swansea way returning. on 15:17 - May 12 by TheResurrection

It's a fair post and whilst I don't agree with some of it and I'll try and explain later, at least you've put some more thought into everything than most of the usual mugs on this site.

But just quickly, we don't have to be attractive to investors just yet, we just need to box clever and appoint the right manager.

Now this depends on a huge element of luck. But also, none more so than the bigger levels of luck we'll need with some of the new players he'd bring in.

Football is cyclical and nothing lasts forever.

It's not just a case of what worked before would always guarantee success.

80% of this message board is too thick to work that out.

Agree with nearly all of this... except for the last line. I know that you are passionate and outspoken but you constantly undermine yourself with this sort of comment. It is obvious from the posts on this board that many understand the points covered by Undecided and your reply to him but there are differences of opinion across the spectrum and sometimes just a a nuanced variation of a theme. Just because people do not think the same as you it does not necessarily make them wrong!

One other point, after appointing the "right manager" Jenkins needs to fúck off, no if's, but's or maybe.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024