Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride of Wales 17:32 - Jul 18 with 19725 viewsmoonie

Tonight is Geraint Thomas. What a rider,what a stage win.

ignored by planet swans readers ...ffs

a winner

where s trampie and killy
Pride of Wales on 20:50 - Jul 19 with 2165 viewsCooperman

Pride of Wales on 20:46 - Jul 19 by Darran

I wish someone would get rid of this incoherent cùnt off this Forum.

The fuçking idiot told everyone on here that they were wrong when they were saying Lance Armstrong had to be doping,he was telling everyone then what a wonderful clean athlete he was.

Yeah fair play to Froome mind he does keep quiet it’s difficult to talk when you’re on a nebuliser.

I watched a documentary about Lance Armstrong the other evening. The guy lied so much I doubt whether he ever landed on the moon!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Pride of Wales on 21:19 - Jul 19 with 2134 viewsmoonie

So lance Armstrong is responsible for all this distrust .faircenough.

Now, how's about equal distain for

Ice Hockey players
Boxers
Footballers
Cricketers
Swimmers
Jockeys
Tennis

And rugby who ve all had drug cheats .

British love to build successful people up then knock them down,something like Cliff Richard episode really
Pride of Wales on 22:05 - Jul 19 with 2093 viewssherpajacob

Russia reached the world cup quarter final, playing with pace and energy, to make up for their technical shortcomings.

I read that there wasn't a single negative drug test during the tournament.

Clean sport?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Pride of Wales on 22:42 - Jul 19 with 2059 viewsTheFranchise

Pride of Wales on 21:19 - Jul 19 by moonie

So lance Armstrong is responsible for all this distrust .faircenough.

Now, how's about equal distain for

Ice Hockey players
Boxers
Footballers
Cricketers
Swimmers
Jockeys
Tennis

And rugby who ve all had drug cheats .

British love to build successful people up then knock them down,something like Cliff Richard episode really

Boxers love growth hormone. I wonder if Tyson Fury has been blood tested, I bet it's only urine testing.

I have hands on experience here, one of my training partners was a tester for UK Sport and I've been in the WADA testing pool.

It's an expensive process but the top guys in all professional sports are beating tests.
Pride of Wales on 22:51 - Jul 19 with 2045 viewsDarran

Pride of Wales on 22:42 - Jul 19 by TheFranchise

Boxers love growth hormone. I wonder if Tyson Fury has been blood tested, I bet it's only urine testing.

I have hands on experience here, one of my training partners was a tester for UK Sport and I've been in the WADA testing pool.

It's an expensive process but the top guys in all professional sports are beating tests.

I don’t why you’re wasting your time reply to the fuçking idiot David he knows it all.

He’s the dullest çunt on here by a country mile.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pride of Wales on 01:04 - Jul 20 with 1982 viewsWarwickHunt

Pride of Wales on 20:50 - Jul 19 by Cooperman

I watched a documentary about Lance Armstrong the other evening. The guy lied so much I doubt whether he ever landed on the moon!

Fûcking great trumpeter though.
Pride of Wales on 01:35 - Jul 20 with 1962 viewsDJack

Pride of Wales on 01:04 - Jul 20 by WarwickHunt

Fûcking great trumpeter though.

...the schit goes up his trumpet!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Pride of Wales on 05:07 - Jul 20 with 1933 viewspeenemunde

Pride of Wales on 20:20 - Jul 19 by dickythorpe

Oh dear, didn't mean to upset you.

Are you ok?

No you didn’t upset me Dicky.
I’m just sticking up for all those try to improve themselves by exercising - regardless whether they wear lycra or not.

Or do you think I’m one of those people you described ?
Sorry to disappoint you Dicky, but it’s impossible for me to have a beer belly as I don’t touch alcohol.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 5:10]
Login to get fewer ads

Pride of Wales on 05:13 - Jul 20 with 1930 viewspeenemunde

The TDF is probably one of the toughest sporting events in the world.
Unbelievable fitness is required and to have so many British 🇬🇧 riders do so well recently is great to see.
Pride of Wales on 06:29 - Jul 20 with 1910 viewsdickythorpe

Pride of Wales on 05:07 - Jul 20 by peenemunde

No you didn’t upset me Dicky.
I’m just sticking up for all those try to improve themselves by exercising - regardless whether they wear lycra or not.

Or do you think I’m one of those people you described ?
Sorry to disappoint you Dicky, but it’s impossible for me to have a beer belly as I don’t touch alcohol.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 5:10]

Glad you aren't upset. Phew!
Pride of Wales on 19:34 - Jul 20 with 1795 viewsmoonie

So now Armstrong..incoherent but he responds ..beyond abuse .i wish i pray
Pride of Wales on 19:36 - Jul 20 with 1795 viewsmoonie

Every thread ruined by this jerk ... why...this was about G
Pride of Wales on 19:56 - Jul 20 with 1776 viewsCooperman

Another stage safely negotiated. Keep up the fight, G.

Pride of Wales on 20:45 - Jul 20 with 1742 viewssherpajacob

Me and the missus have been mulling over going to watch a,bit of TDF for ages.

She keeps on about going to the finish in Paris. I keep saying I wouldn't fancy that and would prefer a,mountain stage.

If G is still in yellow after the time trial, it may well be a last minute eurostar trip.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Pride of Wales on 20:53 - Jul 20 with 1725 viewsCooperman

Pride of Wales on 20:45 - Jul 20 by sherpajacob

She keeps on about going to the finish in Paris. I keep saying I wouldn't fancy that and would prefer a,mountain stage.

If G is still in yellow after the time trial, it may well be a last minute eurostar trip.

I have thought the same but I can never time work holidays correctly; the Tour comes about a fortnight too early. I also wouldn’t bother with Paris and would probably opt for a French provincial town of reasonable size that could entertain me for a few days on le sauce.

Pride of Wales on 21:40 - Jul 20 with 1692 viewsBrynCartwright

Pride of Wales on 20:45 - Jul 20 by sherpajacob

I think she may have an underlying reasoning for that Paris option my friend..i.e. for you to spend a shite load on her, whilst you get to see feck all in the way of cycling.

However, anchoring a campervan in a lay-by, in the Pyrenees, whilst the peloton flies by in a matter of seconds, may not only result in disappointment to you, could also result in divorce when she realises she has to shit in a forest.

Probably best take her to Paris.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Pride of Wales on 21:45 - Jul 20 with 1688 viewsmoonie

Sherpa. IT requires a lot of planning and the riders are soon past but it's all about the ambience and experience . Paris will be rammed but I reckon it's worth it. Try watching from anywhere around Joan or Arc statue or on rue de Rivoli .

You could try Pyrenees
Pride of Wales on 21:54 - Jul 20 with 1674 viewstrampie

I remember G several minutes ahead in a stage on a lonely mountain part of a mountain stage with a Welsh bloke with his Welsh flag in the middle of nowhere close to a bend, no people anywhere to be seen, G passed him and sailed off the edge of the mountain, I thought he was dead but he somehow got back on and still had a lead of a few minutes only to fly off the mountain again a few minutes later, I wonder if that lone Welsh bloke in the middle of nowhere [how did he even get there ?] distracted him and caused him to cycle over the side of the mountain and then after that perhaps his nerve went.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Pride of Wales on 21:58 - Jul 20 with 1674 viewsCooperman

Pride of Wales on 21:54 - Jul 20 by trampie

I remember G several minutes ahead in a stage on a lonely mountain part of a mountain stage with a Welsh bloke with his Welsh flag in the middle of nowhere close to a bend, no people anywhere to be seen, G passed him and sailed off the edge of the mountain, I thought he was dead but he somehow got back on and still had a lead of a few minutes only to fly off the mountain again a few minutes later, I wonder if that lone Welsh bloke in the middle of nowhere [how did he even get there ?] distracted him and caused him to cycle over the side of the mountain and then after that perhaps his nerve went.

Tidy!

Pride of Wales on 21:59 - Jul 20 with 1672 viewsmoonie

Even the English commentators pronounce his name correctly.

He comes over terrifically and we should be proud of him.?

However ,some on here will turn any praise for the man on its head .
Pride of Wales on 22:08 - Jul 20 with 1659 viewstrampie

Pride of Wales on 21:58 - Jul 20 by Cooperman

Tidy!

There is probably not many on here that flow cycling so I thought I would let them know, it was the TDF and I believe it was in the Pyrenees - then another time in 'the tour' in France he came off and hit a telegraph pole [or at least was very close to it].

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Pride of Wales on 22:18 - Jul 20 with 1638 viewstrampie

G would be a tremendous winner of the tour for cycling.

The supermen of the sport get 3 weeks, to date G has struggled towards the end of Grand Tours, he is human, he has fatigued on a mountain stage in the last week of a tour, he has lost concentration [possibly due to tiredness] and left the road.

He is supremely fit and talented, winning gold medals on the track and winning some of the biggest week long stage races in the World on the roads, he has even won one this season, he is the right age and for those reasons he would be a good winner for the sport, others might not be good winners for the sport, G would, pity about his team though.

Pride of Wales on 22:34 - Jul 20 with 1619 viewsProfessor

Pride of Wales on 21:59 - Jul 20 by moonie

Even the English commentators pronounce his name correctly.

He comes over terrifically and we should be proud of him.?

However ,some on here will turn any praise for the man on its head .

I agree Rich. I like both him and Froome. In fairness the cycling commentary is excellent. I prefer ITV4 to Eurosport. I find David Milllar very insightful- perhaps his experience of doping gives him a certain edge. It is an unbelievable event and hope to do a few stages in Ardeche or Jura when I retire/kids leave. Thinking of getting a nice motor home with my lump sum and sodding off to Europe for a couple of months. Would love to see Alpe D’Huez or Ventoux as well. The sad tale of Tommy Simpson was told to be by the great Professor Arnold Beckett ( one of the first anti-dopers) and has stuck with me for the last 32 years. Gutted to miss this week’s stages but in Manila airport now for the long trek home.

Would not mind the Vuelta in Northern Spain (Asturias, Galicia, Navarra etc.)
Pride of Wales on 22:39 - Jul 20 with 1616 viewstrampie

I used to support Cadel Evans when he was racing not just because of his Welsh connection but because I thought he was genuine, I see Thomas the same, the struggles Evans went through, I remember seeing him get off his bike and push on one steep ramp as he had come to a standstill.

Evans and Thomas were/are superb, world champion mountain biker and multiple gold medallist, yet they are literally on their knees giving their all to compete in Grand Tours particularly come the last week……….hmm, Evans had a scholarship when he was young and they tested him and he had a huge lung capacity far greater than ordinary joes yet I have seen him blowing out of his arse on some mountain stages and others are somehow up there with him, Cadel did manage to win the big one in the end, I hope Thomas can do the same but its odds against at the moment per the bookies, superman Froome who won the Giro a few weeks ago is favourite to back that up and win this TDF, Dumoulin who also completed the Giro and finished 2nd is 3rd favourite, two strong guys hey, taking a talented athlete like Thomas all the way and they have the Giro in their legs.

Go G go.

Pride of Wales on 07:27 - Jul 21 with 1541 viewsPacemaker

Pride of Wales on 21:54 - Jul 20 by trampie

No he was just going to fast on a wet surface. He was v lucky missed the pole by mm. Lost his Oakley which is why he slowed down.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024