Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley 08:19 - Aug 31 with 3014 viewsLoyal

It's only when I see clubs like these getting knocked out in the prelim stages that I realise what a magnificent achievement it was under Laudrup to not only get past this stage but the group stages as well with huge wins, and whole games of total domination.
Hull and West Ham have tasted defeat as well at the prelim stage.

I don't expect any Cardiff posters to comment onthis thread due to their lack of European success (zero) this century 😂
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 8:21]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Burnley on 08:24 - Aug 31 with 2976 viewsdcd14

The good ol' days.
Burnley on 08:35 - Aug 31 with 2930 viewsthornabyswan

They did beat Real Madrid in 1970 but lost on aggregate BBC Wales regularly put that one out.
Who did they get in the Cup Winners Cup in 1928.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Burnley on 08:57 - Aug 31 with 2872 viewsLoyal

Burnley on 08:35 - Aug 31 by thornabyswan

They did beat Real Madrid in 1970 but lost on aggregate BBC Wales regularly put that one out.
Who did they get in the Cup Winners Cup in 1928.

I'm not sure 50 years ago counts😂😂😂😂😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Burnley on 09:05 - Aug 31 with 2842 viewsploppy

Watched the second half last night and couldn't be happier that Burnley are out. They're tedious to watch. And Cork got caught in possession for Olympiacos's goal!

Made me think of our run as well. We played really well in Napoli and were unlucky to lose. Didn't Bony miss a sitter and they scored soon afterwards?

Never understood the hype around Burnley.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 9:36]
Burnley on 09:24 - Aug 31 with 2783 viewsMrSwerve

We should have won the Europa that year.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Burnley on 09:51 - Aug 31 with 2683 viewsSmellyplumz

We won't see the like again in our time I fear.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Burnley on 10:02 - Aug 31 with 2650 viewsLeonWasGod

Burnley on 09:24 - Aug 31 by MrSwerve

Had we not changed Laudrup I think there was a decent chance that we could have. Or at least better than with GM in charge.
Burnley on 10:11 - Aug 31 with 2603 viewsCatullus

Burnley on 09:51 - Aug 31 by Smellyplumz

We won't see the like again in our time I fear.

There were several thousand of us who said that about playing in the top flight circa 1983!! It's football, you never know.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Burnley on 12:25 - Aug 31 with 2417 viewsLoyal

Burnley on 09:05 - Aug 31 by ploppy

Watched the second half last night and couldn't be happier that Burnley are out. They're tedious to watch. And Cork got caught in possession for Olympiacos's goal!

Made me think of our run as well. We played really well in Napoli and were unlucky to lose. Didn't Bony miss a sitter and they scored soon afterwards?

Never understood the hype around Bony.
First and second legs he missed a hatfull v Napoli.

Burnley on 13:55 - Aug 31 with 2297 viewsPegojack

Burnley on 12:25 - Aug 31 by Loyal

The worst miss of the tie was Ashley Williams with his threepenny bit shaped head in the first game at the Liberty. Free header, centre of goal, six yards out and the plonker put it over the bar.
Burnley on 14:02 - Aug 31 with 2276 viewsJackSkellington

Burnley on 12:25 - Aug 31 by Loyal

I know, imagine the guy who scored more goals than anyone else in the premier league in 2014 getting hyped. Bizarre!
Burnley on 14:16 - Aug 31 with 2234 viewshobo

Superb. The Laudrup years will likely never be bettered.
Burnley on 14:26 - Aug 31 with 2205 viewsUxbridge

Burnley on 09:24 - Aug 31 by MrSwerve

Aye, there for the taking.

I remember people telling me at the time that some random league game was more important than the Napoli game. Utter nonsense then, and it hasn't aged well.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Burnley on 15:03 - Aug 31 with 2154 views34dfgdf54

Laudrup, class act.
Burnley on 21:27 - Aug 31 with 1998 viewsbyron

Well, I just felt I had to respond, as ever. Mr loyal couldn’t resist mentioning his idols.🤪
To be honest, as we didn’t have many European adventures at club level, the followers of Cardiff city made up for this by following the country they live in everywhere. Not just the big ones in Milan, Amsterdam, Nuremberg etc...Swansea fans always had an excuse, not bothered they said, dire football they said, despite following a club playing worse most if the time. Must be odd not being interested in you’re own country? Then the euros came along. Hey ho

Benny

Burnley on 22:03 - Aug 31 with 1940 viewsthornabyswan

Burnley on 21:27 - Aug 31 by byron

Well, I just felt I had to respond, as ever. Mr loyal couldn’t resist mentioning his idols.🤪
To be honest, as we didn’t have many European adventures at club level, the followers of Cardiff city made up for this by following the country they live in everywhere. Not just the big ones in Milan, Amsterdam, Nuremberg etc...Swansea fans always had an excuse, not bothered they said, dire football they said, despite following a club playing worse most if the time. Must be odd not being interested in you’re own country? Then the euros came along. Hey ho

unlike you that doesn't follow Cardiff or Wales just spend half your life on your rivals message board.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Burnley on 22:09 - Aug 31 with 1923 viewsbyron

Burnley on 22:03 - Aug 31 by thornabyswan

unlike you that doesn't follow Cardiff or Wales just spend half your life on your rivals message board.

Wrong, why do you think I don’t follow Cardiff? Just said I don’t go so much and it’s not life or death as it is to some, just busy doing other things, but they will always be my club, there can be only one. I’ve followed wales into Europe a few times back in the day but gave the euros a swerve as I knew too many c0cks going who had never been to see a football match in their lives, in fact they had laughed about it. Six nations types, ya know? Sing rugby sings at football matches even they do have

Benny

Burnley on 22:49 - Aug 31 with 1872 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Burnley on 09:05 - Aug 31 by ploppy

To be fair it was not a sitter. He shot from just inside the penalty area and his shot crashed against the crossbar. Another two inches lower and we would have been 2 1 up
On such small margins games are decided.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Burnley on 22:51 - Aug 31 with 1863 viewsLoyal

Burnley on 21:27 - Aug 31 by byron

Dark ages mythical reply.

Burnley on 22:54 - Aug 31 with 1856 viewsLoyal

Burnley on 14:02 - Aug 31 by JackSkellington

I know, imagine the guy who scored more goals than anyone else in the premier league in 2014 getting hyped. Bizarre!

Opinions.

Burnley on 23:02 - Aug 31 with 1839 viewsploppy

Burnley on 22:49 - Aug 31 by felixstowe_jack

To be fair it was not a sitter. He shot from just inside the penalty area and his shot crashed against the crossbar. Another two inches lower and we would have been 2 1 up
On such small margins games are decided.

My memory may be failing me but I seem to remember a header that he headed straight at the keeper from a few yards out. Whatever it was in was from close range. I could be completely wrong though.

Edit: My memory's good actually. Just found this in Sky's report of the match
http://www.skysports.com/football/napoli-vs-swansea/306103

Swansea should have taken the lead midway through the second half when Hernandez, who continues to thrive in his newly-allocated No 10 role, provided Bony with a precision cross.

The Ivorian striker could not steer his header either side of Reina however and the on-loan Liverpool keeper collected with ease.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 23:11]
Burnley on 23:49 - Aug 31 with 1788 viewshobo

Burnley on 23:02 - Aug 31 by ploppy

My memory may be failing me but I seem to remember a header that he headed straight at the keeper from a few yards out. Whatever it was in was from close range. I could be completely wrong though.

Edit: My memory's good actually. Just found this in Sky's report of the match
http://www.skysports.com/football/napoli-vs-swansea/306103

Swansea should have taken the lead midway through the second half when Hernandez, who continues to thrive in his newly-allocated No 10 role, provided Bony with a precision cross.

The Ivorian striker could not steer his header either side of Reina however and the on-loan Liverpool keeper collected with ease.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2018 23:11]

Look at the stats for that match too

Napoli Swansea
4 Shots on Target 12
8 Shots off Target 2
79.8 Passing Success 86.9
43.6 Possession 56.4
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024