Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. 11:11 - Oct 3 with 3657 viewsomarjack

I keep reading on here how we're going through "exciting times" and we're "superb" and other exaggerations like that. I understand the rush of Adrenaline after each match etc. But when the dust settles. It's very obvious that we have a serious problem on our hands.

We have little chance of reaching the play-offs. Thin, inexperienced squad that has a serious scoring issue (although we're superb defensively). We keep having cagey 0-0 results and no positive outcome. We won't do much if we keep drawing.

There are 13 teams other than us who have either higher points than us or only 2 pts behind us. Many teams are playing today so it's only going to get worse. We aren't special at all. Clubs like Bolton, Blackburn, Shef Wed are about as good as us. Even Norwich are as good as us and they still have to play tonight. They managed to string 4 wins in a row. Which is something I don't see us doing any time soon. And I just realised Shef Utd are actually 3rd with a match in hand.

Point is..60% of the league are as good as us or better, We aren't special.

Another negative, As seasons roll on, the poorer (financially) we'll get. And our chance of promotion will diminish. We practically only have 2 seasons or so for any financial advantage. And let's face it, By the end of it we'll be stripped to the bones by the owners.

There are many positives to take in as well, Potter is superb, But he'll be going somewhere big soon enough. Celina,Rodon and Roberts will probably shape up to be excellent footballers. But not with us unfortunately.

It's hard to get excited about us, Every win is bittersweet and it all feels like a ticking bomb that's about to go off. I try to think of the moment and not dwell on what'll happen to us but it's difficult.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 11:14]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 19:24 - Oct 3 with 1045 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 18:36 - Oct 3 by monmouth

Sousa was very important, but didn’t he allow Dobs to go on loan and promote Blackpool? Or was that down to your mates on the board?

The board airbrushed Sousa out to be fair.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 19:32 - Oct 3 with 1033 viewsbonymine

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 18:28 - Oct 3 by Badlands

If we did get promotion we would need a massive spend to stay in the Premier League... not sure we'd get that and our squad is not good enough to stay up.
If we gain promotion - great but I'm not sure it should be the goal this season.
What interests me is the way Sousa has been airbrushed out of our history yet did the same with similar restrictions Potter has, I.e. no goal scorers.

*Yes indeed I agree and I honestly think that as silly as it sounds an immediate promotion for us back to the PL would not be as rosy as it would appear on the face of it FOR SWANSEA CITY FC THE Club itself (although that would most certainly be an attractive proposition for the the CURRENT Owners and Shareholders Of OUR CLUB of course).....💸💸💸💸💸

The promotion scenario would see the Yanks spend next to nothing on players (nothing new there then of course) back in the PL and result in almost guaranteed relegation vis a vis the Scum and Colin this season (I think he must be on a performance related contract to pay out the least win bonuses ever for Vincent 😂😉).... they’ve spent no money and are ‘expecting’ to go back down really so Tan can claw back some of his previous losses when he backed them with silly money in their previous ‘one season wonder’ in the PL (Cornelius signing etc 🙈)

However, the manner in which our young squad has stepped up to the mark at Championship level (7 starters against QPR last weekend who were in U23s last season and a few played with my son through the age groups which gives me even more satisfaction) ) is nothing short of remarkable and huge credit and respect must be paid to Graham Potter and his staff (I’d love to go for a beer with Billy Reid he looks a right ‘character’ 😉) for the way in which they have instilled self belief, confidence and togetherness into this squad in such a short space of time and long may it continue.

Furthermore, this ‘feelgood’ factor and ‘willingness to learn and work hard’ within this young squad’s positivity has most certainly transmitted itself over to our fansbase and I believe (and from my own personal perspective as a fan since 1974) that although I will NEVER EVER forgive or forget the manner in which the Sellouts counducted their personal affairs in selling out their shareholdings to the Yanks (Judas Jenkins still being in situ etc ) we are now getting back to something resembling the ‘Swansea Way’ to which I have been accustomed since the 1970s and long may it continue.

Once a Jack Always A Jack.

STID 💪💪💪
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 19:50]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 19:34 - Oct 3 with 1030 viewslonglostjack

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 18:28 - Oct 3 by Badlands

If we did get promotion we would need a massive spend to stay in the Premier League... not sure we'd get that and our squad is not good enough to stay up.
If we gain promotion - great but I'm not sure it should be the goal this season.
What interests me is the way Sousa has been airbrushed out of our history yet did the same with similar restrictions Potter has, I.e. no goal scorers.

How on earth do you go about not making promotion a goal? Bloody nonsense.
Pre-match team talk against Ipswich this Saturday:
“Go out there and enjoy yourselves and don’t worry too much about winning lads. We don’t really want to get promoted just yet”

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 19:59 - Oct 3 with 997 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 13:37 - Oct 3 by Cooperman

And I’ll give you the scenario from my living room yesterday evening.

My lad leapt off the sofa on four separate occasions during the first half. His face was beaming at at the exciting football on show. He’s nagging me to take him on Saturday.

He wasn’t doing that so much last year.

Hard to get excited? Nah.

If we had won like we should have done last night we'd have been 3 points off the top of the league.

Whilst I understand peoples frustrations over no transfers etc but out of the ashes of a dreadful PL side (which even then SHOLD have stayed up) a phoenix is rising from them in fantastic style.

This motley mix of young players and some older heads expressed themselves beautifully in the first half. I've no doubt had the elusive deadlock breaking goal been scored we would have run riot. Our passing game is far too superior for this league, Wigan were spectators for most of the first half.

I'm genuinely optimistic this side can at the very least make the play offs, with an outside chance of the auto spots. We will either utilise Bony oor sell him and free up some budget for another striker and should Narsingh leave at Christmas then ditto another quality winger. I believe in our midfield and if we can make a DM out of what we have we will be fine. If we can get Jeff back for half of our remaining games we will be more than fine.

If at the end of January we only see outgoings and no incomings it will be devastating (and I would then concur with the OP), not least for Potter. He deserves better than that

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 20:08 - Oct 3 with 968 viewsjasper_T

How many teams in this league wouldn't need "a massive spend to have a chance of staying up"? Same thing every season, surprising how many actually survive their first season up top, isn't it.

Difference between us and most teams in the league is half our squad is nowhere near their ceiling. We'd sink like Cardiff if we were up there now, but 6 months from now how will the kids look?
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 20:11 - Oct 3 with 959 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 20:08 - Oct 3 by jasper_T

How many teams in this league wouldn't need "a massive spend to have a chance of staying up"? Same thing every season, surprising how many actually survive their first season up top, isn't it.

Difference between us and most teams in the league is half our squad is nowhere near their ceiling. We'd sink like Cardiff if we were up there now, but 6 months from now how will the kids look?

6 months older?

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 20:21 - Oct 3 with 949 viewsjasper_T

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 20:11 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

6 months older?

How did they look 6 months ago? Barely League Two quality according to many around here.

Watching Blackburn Sheff Utd and my God it's absolute sht. No good reason we can't make the playoffs at least.
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 20:25 - Oct 3 with 937 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 20:21 - Oct 3 by jasper_T

How did they look 6 months ago? Barely League Two quality according to many around here.

Watching Blackburn Sheff Utd and my God it's absolute sht. No good reason we can't make the playoffs at least.

I totally agree. I'm quite shocked how low the standard is in this league.

Login to get fewer ads

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 20:29 - Oct 3 with 932 viewsbonymine

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 20:21 - Oct 3 by jasper_T

My point exactly ...the Championship is quite an ordinary level of mediocre football Clubs competing for a top six place ......

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 08:37 - Oct 4 with 842 views_

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 19:32 - Oct 3 by bonymine

*Yes indeed I agree and I honestly think that as silly as it sounds an immediate promotion for us back to the PL would not be as rosy as it would appear on the face of it FOR SWANSEA CITY FC THE Club itself (although that would most certainly be an attractive proposition for the the CURRENT Owners and Shareholders Of OUR CLUB of course).....💸💸💸💸💸

The promotion scenario would see the Yanks spend next to nothing on players (nothing new there then of course) back in the PL and result in almost guaranteed relegation vis a vis the Scum and Colin this season (I think he must be on a performance related contract to pay out the least win bonuses ever for Vincent 😂😉).... they’ve spent no money and are ‘expecting’ to go back down really so Tan can claw back some of his previous losses when he backed them with silly money in their previous ‘one season wonder’ in the PL (Cornelius signing etc 🙈)

However, the manner in which our young squad has stepped up to the mark at Championship level (7 starters against QPR last weekend who were in U23s last season and a few played with my son through the age groups which gives me even more satisfaction) ) is nothing short of remarkable and huge credit and respect must be paid to Graham Potter and his staff (I’d love to go for a beer with Billy Reid he looks a right ‘character’ 😉) for the way in which they have instilled self belief, confidence and togetherness into this squad in such a short space of time and long may it continue.

Furthermore, this ‘feelgood’ factor and ‘willingness to learn and work hard’ within this young squad’s positivity has most certainly transmitted itself over to our fansbase and I believe (and from my own personal perspective as a fan since 1974) that although I will NEVER EVER forgive or forget the manner in which the Sellouts counducted their personal affairs in selling out their shareholdings to the Yanks (Judas Jenkins still being in situ etc ) we are now getting back to something resembling the ‘Swansea Way’ to which I have been accustomed since the 1970s and long may it continue.

Once a Jack Always A Jack.

STID 💪💪💪
[Post edited 3 Oct 2018 19:50]

Accustomed to since the 1970's??

What??!

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 09:40 - Oct 4 with 788 viewsItchySphincter

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 13:57 - Oct 3 by omarjack

Mind you sir, I'm a joke poster by choice when it comes to politics and other nonsensical matters. But when it comes to Swansea City Football Club I'm always dead serious.

And I am serious here. There is a staunch of bittersweetness around here.

And you're a serious clown Res. Everybody laughs at you/ Sorry for being mean and all but it's true. This 2econd Coming sh!t isn't fooling anyone.

We have no right to demand or expect promotion. Blackburn, Bolton, Norwich, etc have just as much right as us. Nothing is ever perfect but you can’t cite the fact that s number if teams are within a couple a points therefore we are not doing very well. That’s just daft logic.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 19:02 - Oct 4 with 703 viewsjacksfullaces

playing a bit of decent football again.

negative/positive, who cares, all determined by your expectations, and I am not going to tell you what they should be.

try and enjoy the moment though, that's mainly what football is about at this level and with a competitive team over the last few matches.
Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 19:16 - Oct 4 with 697 viewsplasjack

Negativity breeds more negativity, But.. on 19:02 - Oct 4 by jacksfullaces

playing a bit of decent football again.

negative/positive, who cares, all determined by your expectations, and I am not going to tell you what they should be.

try and enjoy the moment though, that's mainly what football is about at this level and with a competitive team over the last few matches.

Enjoying watching this season without any anxiety, last season was mostly horrible to watch.
I know that we are not playing the elite sides like CCFC, but I can put up with that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024