Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 23:31 - Oct 23 with 2005 viewsBenJ94

F*cking shithouse c*nt...that is all.
Tom Carroll on 23:41 - Oct 23 with 1967 views34dfgdf54

That tackle he backed out of end of first half summed him up for me. He got absolutely slated and rightly so. Great decision by Potter bringing him off.

Decent enough squad player and can make an impact at times off the bench, but a squad player is what he should always be.
Tom Carroll on 23:46 - Oct 23 with 1936 viewsBenJ94

Tom Carroll on 23:41 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

That tackle he backed out of end of first half summed him up for me. He got absolutely slated and rightly so. Great decision by Potter bringing him off.

Decent enough squad player and can make an impact at times off the bench, but a squad player is what he should always be.

Had an altercation with a guy infront of me about that exact incident. "But It was a terrible pass, he can't go in to that he'd be sent off" was his reply! End of the day it was 50/50 and he should have f*cking smashed the c*nt! It was nice to see Fer and Fulton chucking in challenges when they came on...I hope Tom was watching.
Tom Carroll on 23:54 - Oct 23 with 1914 viewsPegojack

He's got some decent football skills but for me he's just too lightweight. Not enough strength end of.

I don't blame him for not going into 50/50s, he'd get bloody marmelised every time. Even if it was against Bonny Langford.
Tom Carroll on 23:57 - Oct 23 with 1899 viewsjasper_T

Tom Carroll on 23:54 - Oct 23 by Pegojack

He's got some decent football skills but for me he's just too lightweight. Not enough strength end of.

I don't blame him for not going into 50/50s, he'd get bloody marmelised every time. Even if it was against Bonny Langford.

Dan James gets a toe in and wins free kicks, and he's smaller than Tom. The refs aren't great down here but we're getting better at crowding and influencing them when the bad tackles are flying in.
Tom Carroll on 23:59 - Oct 23 with 1889 views34dfgdf54

Tom Carroll on 23:54 - Oct 23 by Pegojack

See I blame him.

Leon never backed out of a challenge. It’s the very least supporters should expect.
Tom Carroll on 00:02 - Oct 24 with 1869 viewsJonathans_coat

Posted this on another thread earlier but its more relevant to this one:-

I feel a bit sorry for Carroll, his confidence is in the toilet, and shows no sign of returning. Playing him seems to make it worse as the fans (myself included to be honest) have lost patience with him. There is definitely a player in there, but he’s playing with fear at the moment. Huge challenge for him and Potter to turn his career around.

Him and Ki are the most frustrating players I can remember playing for us. Two players with genuine talent, but a professional CM/DM refusing every 50/50 challenge is unacceptable!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 0:05]
Tom Carroll on 01:18 - Oct 24 with 1775 viewsgiantstoneater

Thought he tried to get us going but lacked support and movement from the rest. Couple of passes went astray but the passing from the whole team was bad, when F force came on( Fer and Fulton) they have us a platform and allowed James and Celina to get at the Blackburn back four. Also in the first half we seemed to be attacking down two narrow channels down the flanks and completely ignored the middle of the park our three goals came from forward balls from central areas.
Tom Carroll on 01:34 - Oct 24 with 1758 viewsHighjack

Tom Carroll on 23:59 - Oct 23 by 34dfgdf54

See I blame him.

Leon never backed out of a challenge. It’s the very least supporters should expect.

I remember LEON charging into a triumvirate of Yaya Toure, Fernandinho and Gareth Barry and coming out with the ball. You don’t have to be big. Messi is a midget. Maradona was a midget.

Christ even Connor Roberts isn’t much bigger than Carroll and he doesn’t shyt out of anything. It’s unforgivable really.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 11:45 - Oct 24 with 1472 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He's one of those players who's continued career at a high level truly astounds me. He does his job of collecting the ball inbetween the two centre backs and passing it sideways to a full back well enough.

Aside from that, he contributes so little else. Not once does he attempt to beat the person closing him down, allowing him to play a more decisive forward pass and getting us up the pitch.

You watch other players who play the same role and they'll be busting a gut after every pass to drag players out of the way to make space to pass through. He just walks around between the centre backs and it makes it so difficult for us to play out.

An obvious example is Joe Allen. He wins the ball and always looks up to see if he can gain 10-20 yards before releasing it. Even Leon would do the same, you'd often see him driving forward, escaping tackles and pressure, even against the likes of Yaya Toure like someone mentioned.

Tom can't or refuses to try against very mediocre, slow, championship strikers.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tom Carroll on 11:52 - Oct 24 with 1448 viewsAce_Jack

He's been dining out on that second half performance against Liverpool for a while now.

Jay Fulton was a class above him after coming on.
Tom Carroll on 13:05 - Oct 24 with 1321 viewsoldcob

Tom Carroll on 11:52 - Oct 24 by Ace_Jack

He's been dining out on that second half performance against Liverpool for a while now.

Jay Fulton was a class above him after coming on.

Two classes - at least.
Tom Carroll on 13:24 - Oct 24 with 1278 viewsMoggey

Carrol needs 2 midfield ballwinners playing long side him too shine but then your carring a luxury , no point as a squad player with his high wages
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024