Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confession time 21:02 - Dec 11 with 712 viewsokeh_for_some

I can't drive anywhere near Deepdale without breaking out into an extreme case of tourettes. Some of my best mates are North Enders, yet even on a generous day, not one part of me wants PNE to win a single point (well possibly in a boring goalless draw against Bolton). I do admit to feigning a bit of sympathy when they've missed out yet again in the play-offs, but that's as close as it gets. Is it just me?
Confession time on 21:14 - Dec 11 with 703 viewsspell_chekker

I've had some savage banter with Nobber friends and colleagues in the past.

It was wonderful crowing over them when we were on the up but nowadays I try not to think about it as were just too far behind them.

Our league position isn't all that bad but as a club were light years away from them and being normal. We can say to them that we've been in the prem but apart from that we can't really compete in the mickey taking stakes.

As usual, change is needed to rekindle passion for all these old rivalries.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Confession time on 21:23 - Dec 11 with 697 viewsROTTWEILERS

At work, I pretend I'm mature and can accept other people support other teams - so there's no need to banter.

The reality is, I'm biding my time before I can start jumping up and down in their faces like Martin Keown in an office full of Ruud Van Nistelrooys.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Confession time on 21:26 - Dec 11 with 694 viewsspell_chekker

Confession time on 21:23 - Dec 11 by ROTTWEILERS

At work, I pretend I'm mature and can accept other people support other teams - so there's no need to banter.

The reality is, I'm biding my time before I can start jumping up and down in their faces like Martin Keown in an office full of Ruud Van Nistelrooys.

Yes Rott, the sad reality is we've got to keep our heads down for the time being.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Confession time on 21:30 - Dec 11 with 692 viewsokeh_for_some

Confession time on 21:14 - Dec 11 by spell_chekker

I've had some savage banter with Nobber friends and colleagues in the past.

It was wonderful crowing over them when we were on the up but nowadays I try not to think about it as were just too far behind them.

Our league position isn't all that bad but as a club were light years away from them and being normal. We can say to them that we've been in the prem but apart from that we can't really compete in the mickey taking stakes.

As usual, change is needed to rekindle passion for all these old rivalries.

I never really crowed to my Nobber mates when we made it to the Prem, as I've been around long enough to realise these things go round in circles. What I don't know is if deep down they hate the lashers with the same passion I hate their lot. Nothing personal of course, it's just how couild anyone support a team with a lamb on the badge and a nickname like the Lillywhites.
Confession time on 21:32 - Dec 11 with 690 viewsokeh_for_some

Confession time on 21:23 - Dec 11 by ROTTWEILERS

Rottweillers: Thank god, that's me all over........
Confession time on 21:40 - Dec 11 with 684 viewsspell_chekker

Confession time on 21:32 - Dec 11 by okeh_for_some

Rottweillers: Thank god, that's me all over........

OMG, how I crowed at the time. I considered it my duty to kick them while they were down.

But yes to the O/P, of course there's a stirring inside if I go anywhere near Deepdale, or even enter the town of Preston itself. Simply seeing the word 'Preston' on a road sign can give me dark thoughts.

Confession time on 08:01 - Dec 14 with 630 viewsstu

Confession time on 21:40 - Dec 11 by spell_chekker

OMG, how I crowed at the time. I considered it my duty to kick them while they were down.

But yes to the O/P, of course there's a stirring inside if I go anywhere near Deepdale, or even enter the town of Preston itself. Simply seeing the word 'Preston' on a road sign can give me dark thoughts.

Must have missed this. Got a few knobber friends, last couple of times we’ve played them at dumpdale (a while ago now) we’ve met up with same family. Walked with them to the game and gone back to their house for bbq. Both times we’ve won Hoolahan penalty and Charlie Adam goal. My mate and his kids have always been sulking, where me and and my family quite smug but nothing was said. Last time we met, couldn’t resist, tied a Blackpool scarf from his letter box and one on his gates as we were leaving, he had no clue until mid morning the next day.

Oh and my kids have been brought up well, absolutely hate pke. Forget this Fleetwood rivals, always was Preston always will be.

Tangerine is the new black

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024